Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
1 hour ago, Captain Shortwave said:

It looks like the unsettled weather will be short lived though with a return to.... well the same pattern we are in now, Euro/Scandi high with some milder and dull days mixed with sunny and colder ones depending on the wind direction.

Anything but wind and rain...

They talk about cold zonality, but lets face thats just means rain and cold cause he snow never reaches here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Morning all, pretty grim for the festive period, but for now at least it's blue skies rather than grey murk this morning for a change.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
44 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Morning all, pretty grim for the festive period, but for now at least it's blue skies rather than grey murk this morning for a change.

Slightly more East here and its the continued cloudy & dull.....but expecting a few breaks in the cloud by late Morning.

Certainly not feeling festive!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
16 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

BBC going for 14c and Light Rain on Christmas day for London

Still completely confused how some folk are happy to be leaving the dry/ dull weather for that... 

At least with this Stagnant dry weather it can sometimes feel seasonal and cold and its DRY!!

Speaking for myself I find day after day of dull, grey, leaden skies to be both boring and rather depressing (and here it's been predominantly that lately). It's a bit like the opposite of the 'feel good' factor that a lovely sunny day brings. And the problem with many winter High's is they are more prone to be the dull/cloudy variety because the sun is too weak to burn off any fog and low cloud. At least a mobile pattern brings interest and the weather changes in short order as bands of rain, showers, interesting clouds and sunny intervals all move through on a brisk wind.

Each to their own of course and I appreciate why you have your preference. 

And this morning..... 4C at 09.00 and some blue sky! Hoorah! :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Definitely more icy cold out there today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

so nice to see dry roads at last as a sales rep trying to keep car clean has been a logistic nightmare. Can't believe I may actually record a record high for Christmas day (15 years taken temps) mid Norfolk last year was a record at 12.5c 2014 11.2c who would have thought for the 3rd year in a row id be challenging this record so soon. Big contrast to 2009 2.2c 2010 1.3c 2011 was mild 11.0c then average till 2014

Not recorded 13c for few weeks just unbelievable that Sunday just may happen or even higher! Then no signs of these highs after this day!

what's even more strange 2 days in early June this year i recorded 12c which were cool breeze with showers,

UK weather hey!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 minutes ago, shotski said:

Just about sums up our luck in the UK at the moment. Picture says it all !!!image.jpg

IF Shotski has even thrown in the towel then WINTER MUST BE OVER

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
57 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

IF Shotski has even thrown in the towel then WINTER MUST BE OVER

Hi Lassie

i won't be throwing in the towel until March 31st. I'm still gunning for snow on 4th Jan :drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, shotski said:

Hi Lassie

i won't be throwing in the towel until March 31st. I'm still gunning for snow on 4th Jan :drunk-emoji:

Are the models showing snow on the 4th

Posted
8 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Are the models showing snow on the 4th

This is what I'd love to see develop come the 4th but at the moment the majority of the output doesn't back it up. image.jpg

Posted

What I would give for this again.

January 1987. Southend. When the Thames resembled the Arctic Circle. Sigh.

IMG_1337.JPG

• Like 5

Posted
22 minutes ago, Southender said:

IMG_1337.JPG

That's just cruel !!

Posted

Sadly the days of easterlies straight out of siberia  are over  All we get is Atlantic garbage these days zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted

To be honest I'd be more than happy with this .image.jpg

GEFS Anomaly charts showing the high may take up a position to the west of the UK early Jan. Fingers crossed.  

• Like 2

Posted

To me next week looks like it could be fairly clear with some decent sunny spells, much prefer that than the dull, gloomy mist & fog gunk!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Kent Blizzard said:

To me next week looks like it could be fairly clear with some decent sunny spells, much prefer that than the dull, gloomy mist & fog gunk!

I agree, but I would prefer it without the storms. 

Posted

While the UK 'cold barrier' continues to hold firm, this morning's GFS suggests the kids on the coast of Libya and Tunisia might see their first snow falling by month's end. Tripoli streamer off the warm Med anyone? :cc_confused:

GFS 850 30Dec Libya Tunisia Snow.jpg

Back on topic; this morning's weather already more mobile than of late. There's a decent breeze swaying branches and blowing leaves about, and some hints of breaks in the cloud with a patch of blue sky just moving through (although radar showing patchy light rain yet to clear).

BTW, the was a brief ground frost here last evening as temps dropped to 1.4C. Gone by midnight though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

So after a wet blip over the coming days. The ECM 0Z shows High pressure centered to the east, a chance to pick up clear conditions from the continent that may produce some frosty nights.

If it cant be proper cold with snow then this is the next best thing for me. Relieved the models suggesting/hinting that a full Atlantic dross take over may not be the case after Christmas.

Heard the Sahara dessert had its first snowfall in history yesterday, on the red dunes... LOL

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 2

Posted
12 hours ago, Southender said:

IMG_1337.JPG

I was there it was amazing also off the thorpe bay seafront, ice bergs out to the main channel edge at high water.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Well it's a little bit colder. Saw some pics of people waiting for the sun rise on a beech with a BBQ, cooking sausages for breakfast.  Yum. They do it every year, gives me an idea for summer.

Posted
3 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

I was there it was amazing also off the thorpe bay seafront, ice bergs out to the main channel edge at high water.

Reminds me of my father telling me they walked alongside southend pier on the ice in 1962

Posted
1 hour ago, JennyJane1 said:

Reminds me of my father telling me they walked alongside southend pier on the ice in 1962

Seen a couple of pics from that winter 62/63, quite impressive esp by the pier like you mention.

Posted
1 hour ago, Ben Lewis said:

So after a wet blip over the coming days. The ECM 0Z shows High pressure centered to the east, a chance to pick up clear conditions from the continent that may produce some frosty nights.

If it cant be proper cold with snow then this is the next best thing for me. Relieved the models suggesting/hinting that a full Atlantic dross take over may not be the case after Christmas.

Heard the Sahara dessert had its first snowfall in history yesterday, on the red dunes... LOL

I hadn't picked up on that when I made my post above!! So while we wait years here for snow to reappear, they might be seeing it twice this month! If this darn euro slug high is to become a regular feature in winter, some enterprising person might want to open a Winter Sports shop in Tripoli! :nea:

Pic in yesterday's Telegraph: Sahara Snow 20Dec 2016.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

So we are having our Autumn weather now so Winter will probably arrive in early Spring and then by the end of Spring well be plagued with April Showers throughout May.

Dramatic? Perhaps but I can see a familiar pattern emerging now and yet I was being quite patient through NIV & Early Dec.

I'm honestly so tired of this crap now I might go all old school and avoid the MO and simply wait for the little fluffy symbols to be shown on the little fluffy weather charts on the BBC & Meto ;)

P.S not seen Daniel in here for ages, hope all is well.

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1