Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
5 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

So we are having our Autumn weather now so Winter will probably arrive in early Spring and then by the end of Spring well be plagued with April Showers throughout May.

Dramatic? Perhaps but I can see a familiar pattern emerging now and yet I was being quite patient through NIV & Early Dec.

I'm honestly so tired of this crap now I might go all old school and avoid the MO and simply wait for the little fluffy symbols to be shown on the little fluffy weather charts on the BBC & Meto ;)

P.S not seen Daniel in here for ages, hope all is well.

He has been posting in the MO thread, under Changing Skies I think.

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

So we are having our Autumn weather now so Winter will probably arrive in early Spring and then by the end of Spring well be plagued with April Showers throughout May.

Dramatic? Perhaps but I can see a familiar pattern emerging now and yet I was being quite patient through NIV & Early Dec.

I'm honestly so tired of this crap now I might go all old school and avoid the MO and simply wait for the little fluffy symbols to be shown on the little fluffy weather charts on the BBC & Meto ;)

I assume you're talking about silly me, I'm surviving - hope you're doing well pal. :wink::D 

Well I have not been posting a great deal in here and and the broader forum lately, not a whole lot going on. I see interest in GEFS/op with Atlantic getting blocked off a fair cluster going for mid Atlantic blocking, I think that will put us in good stead into early January, I'm quivering at the thought of another snow barren winter!....

Edited by Changing Skies
I really should proof read in future!
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Back to grey and drizzly conditions today.

So on a hectic Christmas schedule I am currently down in Essex before heading back to the Fens to work the last couple of days this week before doing the grand tour of East Anglia. The joys :snowman-emoji:

It looks like we will see more active weather with wind and rain at times before conditions turn settled from Boxing day onwards with frost at night.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
37 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Which Daniel is that?

Posted
25 minutes ago, Changing Skies said:

As far as I knew I was the only one mister. :hi:

lol i knew there could be only one

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

What the hell is this weather. It's just gross misty drizzle or Mizzle as I like to call it. Either rain properly or don't bother. My hair cannot take any more moisture in the air!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
20 minutes ago, Lauren said:

What the hell is this weather. It's just gross misty drizzle or Mizzle as I like to call it. Either rain properly or don't bother. My hair cannot take any more moisture in the air!

Agree!! And to think some folk have been wishing away the dry gloom for wet gloom!

Edited by Ben Lewis

Posted
14 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Agree!! And to think some folk have been wishing away the dry gloom for wet gloom - Makes no sense!

If we can't have any weather this christmas then i prefer sunshine.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

If we can't have any weather this christmas then i prefer sunshine.

Me too.

This weather makes that Dull gloomy High seem great at least it was dry. Now we have a wet ground under foot to add to the gloom.

Posted

The 12z suite continues the theme; dreadful for snow prospects.

But... Post Christmas a dry, frosty and sometimes sunny period is looking increasingly likely with the chance of surface cold keeping us in mid single digits. 

Perfect, 2nd best to snow I'd say.

So as we enter 2017 still no sight of any huge rainfalls or gales... Bootiful! 

Would add insult to injury to have Atlantic muck on yet another terrible start on a new winter!!  

Edited by Ben Lewis

Posted

If you hate wet under foot why would you like snow? When it melts everything gets grotty and muddy to an extent that a bit of rain can never achieve. 

Posted

Talking of rain good to see today's forcast appears to be pretty rubbish.

Not expecting hardly any rain at all this evening compared to what was given this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

ECM completely loses the plot at the end of the run. It's the sort of chart I would expect to see early summer. It just looks odd . image.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 hours ago, Lauren said:

It was proper rain here, really quite annoying but needed.

Posted
4 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

The 12z suite continues the theme; dreadful for snow prospects.

But... Post Christmas a dry, frosty and sometimes sunny period is looking increasingly likely with the chance of surface cold keeping us in mid single digits. 

Perfect, 2nd best to snow I'd say.

So as we enter 2017 still no sight of any huge rainfalls or gales... Bootiful! 

Would add insult to injury to have Atlantic muck on yet another terrible start on a new winter!!  

According to iapennel's posts, winter is pretty much dead in the water

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well Christmas through to new year looks settled, possibly cold if we keep clear skies and a southerly wind. Of course a flatter southwesterly solution would bring more cloud and milder temperatures.

Beyond new year? It looks like the high will shift towards the west/south west of the UK, this could encourage a north westerly or bring milder conditions but I guess many would prefer the high to be centred west of us as it gives the chance of a cold northerly outbreak further down the line.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
8 hours ago, lassie23 said:

According to iapennel's posts, winter is pretty much dead in the water

Who ?

Posted
12 hours ago, seaside 60 said:

Talking of rain good to see today's forcast appears to be pretty rubbish.

Not expecting hardly any rain at all this evening compared to what was given this morning.

Just to quote me , looks like we had a big umbrella over us last night, almost not a drop.

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Net weather member who is pretty good at winter forecasts

Ish to sat the least, he bombed like everyone else this autumn.

However he was right in the zonal winds department, but he forcast little real cold (right) but said autumn into winter would be very zonal (totally wrong).

However also, he knows his stuff and is very qualified and takes time out to explain anything you dont understand.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Slight frost this morning and an overnight min of -0.2C. Very misty but I can just see blue sky above - a pleasant sunny day ahead.

• Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Ish to sat the least, he bombed like everyone else this autumn.

However he was right in the zonal winds department, but he forcast little real cold (right) but said autumn into winter would be very zonal (totally wrong).

However also, he knows his stuff and is very qualified and takes time out to explain anything you dont understand.

That's the guy, forgot his autumn forecast bombed lol:oops: