Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters

Been a nice day after a hard frost last night.

Currently at -1 with dew point of -2, clear skies so think it will be a harder frost tonight.

Future prospects, the 'snow' word has been increasingly mentioned in the MOD thread, with a snow risk now quoted for next Sunday...... things moving quite nicely in respect to the models. Just time will tell now.

Edited by Hanny
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters

Crawley:

Temp: -3

Dewpoint: -2

Clear skies, should of put windscreen covers on the cars, oh well am sure my boys will manipulate in the morning for more pocket money!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Another clear frosty night here, have had more frosts this winter than the other three put together, since I've lived here.

Well currently it has just got down to - 2 at Heathrow which has is my closest station and that suffers from UHI effect so I'm probably 1-2 degree below that here and boy it's cold! 

Now I've got frost on frost on frost that's on frost!! No fog though which I think is helping drop the temperature even further. My back door mat which never freezes over is this morning! 

More cold this winter than last and one before combined!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The temperature is down to -4C here, despite patchy fog forming early in the evening last night it hasn't really thickened up and it is simply a case of clear skies to start the day yet again. We should get the 4th sunny day on the bounce. Not a bad end to December at all.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All. Well it was certainly white this morning. No fog though. Really hard frost with temps below zero at 0600

Observations

Observed at 07:00, Thursday 29 December

0°C 32°F

Wind Speed 5 km/h 3 mph North North Easterly

Humidity: 96%

Visibility: Moderate

Pressure: 1037mb, Falling

Observation station: London

(Lat: 51.517 | Lon: -0.1)

Posted
53 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

SNOW is being mentioned in the forecasts, yes SNOW!

Yrs Latest bbc forecast had snow for south midlands down towards south london For sunday night

Edited by Lampostwatcher
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Well while we wait for the snow to arrive later this month, it's nice to be enjoying some hard frosts and freezing fog. Very cold last night with a min of -4.6C and it's only risen to -1C at 10.00. I took this photo of last night's fog billowing around under my security light - it looks a bit like snow and hopefully it will be soon!! My skis are waiting patiently down in the rack outside the summer house! :)

Fog 28Dec.jpgGarden 29Dec.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

We did have fog last night and this morning *gone* although we did have a lovely frost.:cold:

On the subject of sleet, I would of been happy enough to have had some at Christmas, but failing that, anything dropping from the sky that is wintry does me. I brought new cosy boot socks for boots.

Now as we head to the New Year, the' excitement ' of masy snow gone, I look forward to 'thunderstorms' I won't get too. Give me some thundersnow and my word. BOOM.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Of course its very easy and natural to get sucked into a stunning model run as per the GFS 06Z especially when we have endured mild dross over the past few winters.

It will either go one of two ways over the next 24hrs, The theme continues and each model suite churns out cold charts with the potential for snow or we get watered down runs over the next 24hrs with lots of toys thrown. I know where I would put my money = All i need to do its scourer through old Model discussion threads

Dont mean to come across as a party pooper, but facing reality over fiction will be a lot easier on your health.

I hope the above is proved wrong!!!

Edited by Ben Lewis

Posted
1 hour ago, Lamposangel delightcher said:

Yrs Latest bbc forecast had snow for south midlands down towards south london For sunday night

:yahoo:

GFS 00z had a spell of snow for London and the Home Counties, I've not viewed the 06z but according to Ben it is a corker. 

Oh boy it feels cold out there a hard frost once again, still in the shade. It has not felt as wintry as this in a long time in Rotherhithe. 

IMG_1385.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Still a lot of frost here as we approach mid day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Just rain for me:yahoo: and light stuff too.

'ave it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Another beautiful frosty morning! This winter has felt really cold and wintry to me - already loads better than previous winters! Took kids out for a walk so they could "ice skate" on the white covered pavements and road! 

Really hoping for snow on Monday morning or the following weekend! Not getting over excited as I'm more than aware and how it can all disappear closer to the time but more chances than we've had in a long time down here!!xx

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!
37 minutes ago, Changing Skies said:

:yahoo:

GFS 00z had a spell of snow for London and the Home Counties, I've not viewed the 06z but according to Ben it is a corker. 

Oh boy it feels cold out there a hard frost once again, still in the shade. It has not felt as wintry as this in a long time in Rotherhithe. 

IMG_1385.JPG

Yeah the 6z was nuts, 12z will probably drop the idea altogether though as I'm sure you'll also expect! Probably not a bad thing though, as it was being widely compared to 47/ 62/63 and more severe than 87, of which I have memories of struggling to breathe on my way to school as the coldest wind I've ever felt blasted me full force in the chops...

Edited by Number 23
  • Like 1

Posted

Fantasti frost here this morning, best yet this year, still some around now in the shade, even on roofs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Ground frozen solid and there are still flies partying in my cat's dinner, those dam things would survive a Trump  nuclear war:angry:

Posted
9 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Ground frozen solid and there are still flies partying in my cat's dinner, those dam things would survive a Trump  nuclear war:angry:

lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Hi all back from my Christmas break, firstly I broke my Christmas Day temp in 15 years 14.1c was crazy 12c 2015 and 11.c 2014. Watch this space 2017 surely can't do 4  years on the trot!

Anyhow back to the day and now, looking at charts could be promising for snow, way better prospects then last 3 years.

however my concern is the North Sea is still way to warm for snow this Far East, the air would had to be absolutely freezing for any or snow, I just have this feeling if we do get any perception it would be more sleety rain then anything significant, I hope I'm wrong!