SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Lamposangel delightcher said:

The bbc forecasts for new year eve Ive just watched snow was mentioned 

above 1000 meters :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
12 minutes ago, Lamposangel delightcher said:

The bbc forecasts for new year eve Ive just watched snow was mentioned 

Let's hope so

Posted

A wintry day, in shaded surfaces the frost has lingered all day, frosted pavements giving the impression of a light dusting. 

IMG_1394.JPGIMG_1392.JPGIMG_1390.JPG

Edited by Changing Skies
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Looks the same here, even the hills, north face are still white, looks so pretty. temp has dropped like a stone now the sun has left the whole area in shade, looks like more frost forming on cars already.

It's a real shame we warm up in front of the new years day rain, if it stayed cold and frosty right up until then, and the uppers cooled quick enough we could have snow even down here.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

320 people online, this can mean only one thing, the easterly will turn into a month long south westerly:sorry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters

Simplistic view: enjoy the charts as if they were in realistic time scale, if the downgrade, ah so what, at least you had a bit of enjoyment/fun at the time.

I think it better to do this than sit under a dark cloud dismissing all and depriving ones self of some fun, lives too sort and as we all run hard/fast lives these days - grab what ever positives are on offer.

So as the old song goes........"let it snow, let it snow...." :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another gorgeous day with unbroken sunshine. A real picture postcard with thick frost on the ground.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters

I think that there are a few personalities in the MOD thread that are starting to 'tilt:girl_devil:

The next few days are going to be very interesting....

"Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.

— Willie Nelson

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Another beautiful winters day maxing out at 4.8 degrees but with frost lingering all day in the shade just like yesterday.The min temp was 0.1 but still a decent frost on cars ,roads and pavements.Looks like we may be in for some more frosts in next 7-10 days and even possibility of snow if GFS is to be believed.:acute:We shall see...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I haven't posted for bloody ages! But I'm wondering if the winds switching to the n/ne late weekend/monday might push a few snow showers our way?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Already down to -2C here with a thick frost already. Tomorrow does not look so good with a breeze from the west dragging in more cloud so probably a rather dull and raw day tomorrow. That said we seemed to have avoided the fogginess which some forecasters had predicted so who knows.

arpegeuk-41-18-0.png?29-17

Down to -5/6C in places tonight, again more generally around -3C. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Thick fog and -2.8C at 21.30 tonight. Some of the pavements and roads in the shade were lethal this afternoon & evening (walking to the pub and back :)) as last night's frost didn't melt today. My car was covered in 'Jack Frost' by early evening. It's always something I love to see - such amazing patterns! Thankfully nowadays it's only on my car windows - when I was a lad it was on the inside of the house windows during weather like this!

Jack Frost reduced.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Neilsouth said:

I haven't posted for bloody ages! But I'm wondering if the winds switching to the n/ne late weekend/monday might push a few snow showers our way?

Good to see you back, well something potentially more substantial could be on the cards. 

• Like 3

Posted

The temperature has tended to stabilise just below freezing and there is some fog this morning. It is going to be very slippery underfoot on my walk to work.

Unbelievably icy out there certainly the worst day of the current cold spell. Ice on everything and worse of them all the roads.  Any un treated surface has a layer of ice over it thanks to below freezing ground temperatures and moisture in the air. 

Take care out there!! I tried to get a photo this morning of a road near me today but net weather won't allow me to upload?? 

Posted

Morning All. a chilly start in SE London. Fog thicker than yesterday. Big Ben was shrouded in fog as i walked past it on the way into work. And St James' Park looked nice as the fountain was lit up and quite a sight throgh the fog. 

Observations

Observed at 07:00, Friday 30 December

0°C 32°F

Wind Speed 5 km/h 3 mph North Westerly

Humidity: 100%

Visibility: Very Poor

Pressure: 1037mb, Rising

Observation station: London

(Lat: 51.517 | Lon: -0.1)

I see there has been another road accident in Oxfordshire :( Hope the people involved are OK

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

still foggy which wasn't forecast but frost just about gone.

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

fog all night and all day, if the 'beast from the east' arrives in the UK, i'll eat my gerbil.

I've just tweeted the met office and they have tweeted back there is no sign of any snow in the 30 day forecast for my area. To be fair I can't find any weather apps showing any snow symbol in my are either.