Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well the weather today has been dreadful. 4/5C with heavy rain on and off. :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Recorded only 7.8mm of rain for the whole of December - very dry, we'll probably beat that in the first week of January. I too have a bad feeling that this is going to be yet another snow free winter :(

Posted

It's too early to write off winter we still have up until March! It is frustrating when models looked so good 2 or 3 days ago! I do have a feeling we will get a snowfall this winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Yes but the problem around this way is that by March any snow that falls overnight is gone by mid morning, the sun seems pretty strong from about mid/late Feb. If we had a very cold February though, then the entrenched cold can carry on well into March, certainly towards mid month and snow events can be exceptionally good, battleground set ups spring to mind. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

looking at the radar some showers look like they are moving in off the North Sea . Could be snow.

i also see the metoffice update this evening are going for wintry showers on Wednesday . That's the best forecast I've seen for years .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Bit more sleety on that back edge now looking at the radar but seems a little too late for anything excitin, shame because the temps did drop quick earlier.

Posted

Stuck in a rut, groundhog day, been here before he says... never have I seen the charts look so good and we can't usher in the really cold weather. The high anomalies are annoying but I am the believer of get cold in first and c what happens. Crazy winter really. No storms to talk of but loads of frosts but no end result of snow and snowmen being built. I think I scuppered it though.

So strong were the signals on new years eve that I considered going and buying my daughter a sledge..... she is only 4... we can predict we can chat but weather will do what it does. 

Off skating later at ruxley manor.... never been before last thing of Xmas break to do. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
5 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

Stuck in a rut, groundhog day, been here before he says... never have I seen the charts look so good and we can't usher in the really cold weather. The high anomalies are annoying but I am the believer of get cold in first and c what happens. Crazy winter really. No storms to talk of but loads of frosts but no end result of snow and snowmen being built. I think I scuppered it though.

So strong were the signals on new years eve that I considered going and buying my daughter a sledge..... she is only 4... we can predict we can chat but weather will do what it does. 

Off skating later at ruxley manor.... never been before last thing of Xmas break to do. 

I agree as I've been on my Christmas holidays I have Been looking out the charts, a week ago for this coming weekend temps we're looking like only just getting above freezing and the possible snow being mention here we are yet again milder air is now forecast for this weekend. Time after time this has happened since mid November. People are saying there still 2 months of winter to come, so don't panic, well hello those people said that last year the year before and year before that!

Whats so ironic if only this high would have been here for summer, no wind mid 20s temp and no rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Lovely sunny morning, last nights rain had iced up on the cars.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely sunny winters day here with a light grass frost and ice on the cars first thing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Back to sunny skies today. Had to de-ice the car as well.

I am going to be a bit grumpy here, but if you look at the model output for this week, you can literally see how close we are to getting a cold spell of Jan 1987 level but alas the low heights near the Azores and the movement of the returning jet stream moving around the high to our west at the moment completely destroys our chances.

gfs-1-78.png?6

Sub -20C 850s pushing into a large chuck of Europe, any wedge of heights towards Norway and that lot would have been heading our way and cleanly too given the fairly short distance that lot would have had to cover. Oh well at least we are no going mild and zonal I guess.

Posted

Mild and dry, cold and dry, meh, both boring. 

This winter has been worse than last years pathetic attempt for me. Atleast there were some decent storms last year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
9 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

I think we may see a -7 in rural areas tonight !

I best go and cover the rabbits up. Let's hope the models flip to something more interesting tonight!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
4 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Slowly getting more interesting even so,  this week looks cold aside from tomorrow night.. 

The deep cold will come, I'm sure of that. When and how is anyone's guess. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
8 minutes ago, shotski said:

It was showing deep cold as early as mid November however time after time never happened. Temps look 3-4 c above average come weekend early next week, 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
22 minutes ago, shotski said:

Gosh I hope your right. 

Weve been waiting for deep cold since November 2013 and it still hasn't come. 

Lovely day today, just back home from a day in London. Stunning down by the Southbank drinking hot chocolates and eating doughnuts. What a beautiful capital city we have!! 

I see the METO have wiped away its wintry showers chance for Wednesday - lol 

Havent had chance to check models but I guess we are still at least 14/21 days away from anything remotely interesting cold & snow wise! 

At least we are not having to endure Atlantic wind and rain. It softens the blow to what looks like it could very well be another snowless winter. Yep I know it's only January 2nd but look whats happened since 2013 - I know where my money's at! 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Has anyone else seen the amazing snow that Turkey and Greece have had.

Turkey esp has had bucket loads, seen some fantastic vids showing huge snow falls.

It must be our turn soon.....