Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Still frost in the shadows when I walked to school although it must be around 5c as for some reason I find that temperature quite pleasant.

However I am getting sick and tired of the constant digs at people , like myself,  about the lack of snow by comments such as ' go else where if you want snow' and  'why are people still looking for snow when it won't happen?'  I'm sorry but I can almost see the pointing fingers and hear the laughter and i'm not finding it very funny.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Really noticed that it seemed to stay light and bright for much longer tonight.
Spring is coming lol...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dami said:

Still frost in the shadows when I walked to school although it must be around 5c as for some reason I find that temperature quite pleasant.

However I am getting sick and tired of the constant digs at people , like myself,  about the lack of snow by comments such as ' go else where if you want snow' and  'why are people still looking for snow when it won't happen?'  I'm sorry but I can almost see the pointing fingers and hear the laughter and i'm not finding it very funny.

Hi Dami,

I don't think anyone is personally having a dig. It's so far been an open discussion debate within this regional thread (=

When it comes to weather we all like different things etc etc.  I adore snow it turns me into a massive kid! I could stare at it falling out the sky for hours. 

What I think may frustrate some people is that some only come on here to moan about when there is no snow or if only cold weather shows. Which again, we can't moan about because it's a fourm for discussion, however, we know that the UK is not best place for it.

Its a bit like when you are at work and your boss says "oh why haven't you done that?" But he/she is having a bad day and says it loads and loads of times to you. 

Stay strong #thesnowwillcome 

• Like 2

Posted

Some showers moving in off the North Sea these are probably falling as snow away from the coast - Thanet/Dover area any reports? 

IMG_1467.PNG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Dami said:

Not sure anyone is having a dig at anyone really? Like Surrey says, it's an open discussion and people can express opinions on the weather, no problem. There are some (not in this thread) that take whining to a new level though. My point was that if snow is SO important to them, it's not hard to pop over to somewhere cold and snowy for a few days to get a fix. Just like millions of us go to Spain and Florida in summer for a blast of sun. No offence intended to anyone! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Not sure anyone is having a dig at anyone really? Like Surrey says, it's an open discussion and people can express opinions on the weather, no problem. There are some (not in this thread) that take whining to a new level though. My point was that if snow is SO important to them, it's not hard to pop over to somewhere cold and snowy for a few days to get a fix. Just like millions of us go to Spain and Florida in summer for a blast of sun. No offence intended to anyone! 

I'm a bit of weirdo I suppose . I want snow where I live . When I was in Swindon In 2013 I the snow came down heaps about 10 inches  . But I just wanted to get home to witness the 2 inches of snow that fell at home . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

I'm a bit of weirdo I suppose . I want snow where I live . When I was in Swindon In 2013 I the snow came down heaps about 10 inches  . But I just wanted to get home to witness the 2 inches of snow that fell at home . 

Can understand your view, it is exciting to see snow falling when you're home and see your area covered, it all looks so different and quite magical. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

I'm just glad this room has got a little more exciting. Nothing like a good debate 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, Changing Skies said:

Some showers moving in off the North Sea these are probably falling as snow away from the coast - Thanet/Dover area any reports? 

IMG_1467.PNG

So no snow reports from Ye Olde Men Of Kent then?:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Nice little "GEM"...,if we can get her into the reliable timeframe ;)

gens-0-1-276.png

ECM Ens go colder

ensemble-verwachtingen-detail10.png

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
1 hour ago, slater said:

I'm just glad this room has got a little more exciting. Nothing like a good debate 

Mass debate?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A nice sunny day with frost early and late, these are becoming quite frequent now which is nice to see, though some snow would be nice.

Another morning of scraping the ice off the car tomorrow.

arpegeuk-41-17-0.png?05-17

-2 to -5 overnight I think, we do tend to see the temperatures level out after midnight as milder air is introduced over the top. It should stay clear overnight with an increasing risk of fog patches. 

The trend continues towards mid-month towards something colder. We do need the winds to back more north to north easterly to bring showers into our region, either that or a disturbance to beef up the shower activity to allow them to reach our region from the north west. At least the colder weather will allow plenty of sunshine and some night frosts regardless.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Changing Skies said:

IMG_1467.PNG

I'm afraid I didn't notice it when falling so can't say whether it was rain sleet or snow here. Was surprised when I popped to the shop and noticed that everywhere was wet and something had fallen though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
13 minutes ago, Whereisthesnow? said:

It's been a while .  How's the SE crowd?   

Snow starved and angry lol

2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Turkey isn't safe anymore

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Snow starved and angry lol

Turkey isn't safe anymore

I flew over Turkey a few days ago on the way home from a Kuwait work trip, the entire country was blanketed in deep snow. Beautiful, if a bit surreal...

IMG_4049.JPG

IMG_4050.JPG

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

I flew over Turkey a few days ago on the way home from a Kuwait work trip, the entire country was blanketed in deep snow. Beautiful if a bit surreal...

IMG_4049.JPG

IMG_4050.JPG

Nice photos

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another frosty start here, time to de-ice the car again. :cold:

Posted
On 04/01/2017 at 17:24, Delka said:

We had an allmighty sleety rain shower just after sunset, it went dark and then just hammered it down.. First hand witnessed it because I was down at the beach -.- My 10 day forecast is showing snow chance tomorrow o.o 

we had something similar here for about two minutes but i didn't say anything because nobody said anything and then i thought i must have been mistaken