Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A frosty and foggy morning in South Ockendon.  The temperature is -1.6 °C and the apparent temperature is -3.9 °C.  Humidity is at 97% and the dew point is -2.0 °C  The barometer is steady at 1047.0 mb.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Brr it's cold here in Great Yarmouth to start the day,I even had to defrost the windows to get back from relatives yesterday evening.

Now this is still 5 days off, but we could see a dusting of snow in a few spots next Monday.

132-780UK.GIF?28-0

The northern half of East Anglia favoured from showers moving in of the north sea on a north to north east wind. Something to watch anyway and any snow would be welcome I suspect.

• Like 4

Posted

i think this may be the coldest morning we've had so far this winter, al is white outside with ice on car windscreens.I'm not intending to drive but i may go into town later, mooch around the shops for a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Just now, JennyJane1 said:

i think this may be the coldest morning we've had so far this winter, al is white outside with ice on car windscreens.I'm not intending to drive but i may go into town later, mooch around the shops for a bit.

bargains galore

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

bargains galore

we shall see, Lassie, some of the sales stuff would have been very expensive at normal price, sale price is more like the price it should be, anyway i am going to wrap up warm, even though i then get too hot because of the heating in the shops.Hoping to find some reduced price bathgel, or makeup.

Posted
Just now, JennyJane1 said:

we shall see, Lassie, some of the sales stuff would have been very expensive at normal price, sale price is more like the price it should be, anyway i am going to wrap up warm, even though i then get too hot because of the heating in the shops.Hoping to find some reduced price bathgel, or makeup.

It is way too hot in shops, you end up getting over heated then go out and get blasted by cold, then back to warm, sure way of getting sick.:closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Thick freezing fog here this morning giving lawns and trees a dusting of white. Overnight min of -4.4C and still -1C at 09.15. Might be some nice photos to be had later, but it's a narrow window between it brightening up and the pretty white dusting melting!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Lovely frosty morning. My wife could not get in to the car this morning as the doors where frozen shut .

Posted

It's going to snow, no it's going to be mild, no it's going to snow, oh it's going to be mild after all, pretty much sums up the MOD thread at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
3 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Thick freezing fog here this morning giving lawns and trees a dusting of white. Overnight min of -4.4C and still -1C at 09.15. Might be some nice photos to be had later, but it's a narrow window between it brightening up and the pretty white dusting melting!

Much the same here, Malcolm.  Low cloud and freezing fog has cleared over this past couple of hours to leave us with a chilly but sunny day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another lovely sunny winters day here after a hard frost. Hopefully a lot more of this weather to come.

Posted

We are certainly doing better for frosts compared to last winter.

A real wintry looking scene earlier this morning, freezing fog and quite a hard frost evident..

fog patches lingering here top temp as of 1500, 3C :cold:

the sun is finally out!  Well briefly no real thawing of frost. Cold! 

IMG_1376.JPG

Edited by Changing Skies
  • Like 1

Posted

just come in and its getting warmer outside, i was too hot in my coat and boots, didn't buy much, just some fruit scented body lotion at wilkinsons for 50p, and renewed my phone contract.I see the breaking news is a massive accident in oxford in the fog with some fatalities.That's awful.

Posted
2 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

just come in and its getting warmer outside, i was too hot in my coat and boots, didn't buy much, just some fruit scented body lotion at wilkinsons for 50p, and renewed my phone contract.I see the breaking news is a massive accident in oxford in the fog with some fatalities.That's awful.

50p is a bargain to smell like fruit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Beautiful day here, every day should be like this.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, seaside 60 said:

Beautiful day here, every day should be like this.

Won't get any snow if it was:closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I have a feeling this thread and the other regional threads will become a litter busier over the next week :cold-emoji:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

There is a 'snow risk' on my forecast.

excuse me.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Dami said:

There is a 'snow risk' on my forecast.

excuse me.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

aye new years day. Fog in coming here:closedeyes: anyone got a lower temperature than me 3.7c

Edited by lassie23

Posted
17 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I have a feeling this thread and the other regional threads will become a litter busier over the next week :cold-emoji:

third named atlantic storm:wink:

Oi oi, 

How we all doing.. 

I must say, it was pretty winter like this morning and still frosty out midday when I went to see nan. 

More of a risk of widespread freezing fog tonight please take care if you have to travel its nasty nasty stuff fog. 

SLOW DOWN , I'm taking my driving test soon and I know and have already encountered loads of dick heads on the road including having a near head on with a police car over taking a bike (no lights on) on a bend!!!!

Even if they don't wanna go your speed let them over take and crash and die that's how I see it (=

Back to weather and the temperature has plummeted with freezing fog rapidly setting up shop for the night 

• Like 3

Posted

Sunshine  mist and fog is what we had today the temp max around 5, here at Battersea. On my ride to Crystal Palace, I noticed that there was fog at the  bottom of the high rise tower, the shard(this could be seen from the top of the hill), but at the top of the shard, it was clear and sunny, so the fog level today  was probably about 100 metres.  Nice beautiful sunset this afternoon, the temperature is falling fast, it is now 0.7here at Battersea, I have a feeling we will see more widespread foggy conditions tonight.

Geder Male, location ,Battersea, London.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Could do with some snow, frost is pretty boring:santa-emoji: Poor mans snow, or is that sleet?:cc_confused:

Would much rather have this weather than sleet. Not much worse than that!

• Like 1

Posted

Quite spectacular taken in a high-rise in Stratford not my own images from this morning. What a view! A thick layer of fog carpeting London streets - only tallest buildings pierce through.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

• Like 5