Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

:D :santa-emoji: :cold:

gens-0-2-174-1.png

gens-0-0-180.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 minutes ago, snowray said:

:D :santa-emoji: :cold:

gens-0-2-174-1.png

gens-0-0-180.png

It seems to have remembered to keep it as rain in my corner, :nonono:

Posted

Got this horrible feeling from the latest models that we're gonna get a 2014 winter all over again....Xmas will be Yellow, Orange and maybe Red....with Wind Warnings..... :wallbash::sorry:

Edited by leedsnowfan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..
8 hours ago, leedsnowfan said:

Got this horrible feeling from the latest models that we're gonna get a 2014 winter all over again....Xmas will be Yellow, Orange and maybe Red....with Wind Warnings..... :wallbash::sorry:

Yes it is starting to look like from Friday on there will be quite a bit of wind and rain about. At the moment the track of the lows is predicted to effect the north most but at still 4 plus days out it could easily track 400 miles south yet...

Annoyingly I wont of yet got my new weather station fitted in the garden as I don't get it till Christmas day lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Another day, another cloudy day.

Mind you if its going to be cloudy best it stays dry.

I wont be happy if at the end of the week it changes to rain wind and yet more cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It would be nice to have something other than dull nothingness. A nice bout of heavy rain would be a welcome change.

I do wonder if we'll ever see a white Christmas again in this country to be honest.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
13 hours ago, JennyJane1 said:

You JINXED it! All these warm coats and boots!

Then all these people who want mild will be eternally grateful.:good:

Wait till i start buying for the summer. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Was foggy now it's changed into to that very wet mist that is worse than drizzle. Everything is drenched as if we've just had a torrential down poor.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Out of interest when was the last time Sussex had a white Christmas? I was born in 1979 and it's never happened where I live in Haywards heath in that time. 

I am thinking of booking a log cabin in Norway for next Christmas so the kids get to see one while they still believe in father Christmas :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Cant think of anything worse over the Christmas period. Wet and Windy!!! Soaking wet dog walks and morning runs... Riveting....

Been loving this dry usable weather, still this is the UK after all and pouring Rain and Mild is always on our doorstep no matter what time of the year. All good things must come to an end.

Posted

"Out of interest when was the last time Sussex had a white Christmas? I was born in 1979 and it's never happened where I live in Haywards heath in that time. 

I am thinking of booking a log cabin in Norway for next Christmas so the kids get to see one while they still believe in father Christmas"

I believe a proper white one was 1981, some flakes in 1996 and lieing snow in 2009......

Edited by leedsnowfan

Posted

The last proper big snow event was the wonderful winter of 2010/2011. Had some decent snow at the end of 2012, but this was where I worked rather than at home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I can remember seeing snow in kent during Christmas maybe in the late 70's early 80's. I can't tell the date for sure. We often took it in turns to go to my cousins on christmas/boxing day and I still can see in my minds' eye the drifts by the road. There was no Snow in sussex. 

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
4 hours ago, Lauren said:

It would be nice to have something other than dull nothingness. A nice bout of heavy rain would be a welcome change.

I do wonder if we'll ever see a white Christmas again in this country to be honest.

Depends, do you class a White Christmas only on the 25th? or would you class a White Christmas if we had falling snow on the 23rd that was still on the ground Christmas Day?

Getting snow to fall on one certain date is a very very rare event. It would be like hoping for a Thunderstorm on the 4th of July, probably more chance for the Thunderstorm though tbh :) 

Posted
1 hour ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Depends, do you class a White Christmas only on the 25th? or would you class a White Christmas if we had falling snow on the 23rd that was still on the ground Christmas Day?

Getting snow to fall on one certain date is a very very rare event. It would be like hoping for a Thunderstorm on the 4th of July, probably more chance for the Thunderstorm though tbh :) 

I'd class it as snow on the ground at Christmas or at least snowy in the week surrounding it. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Last time I had snow on the ground here Dec 25th was 2010 iirc, can't ever remember snow falling on the day itself, maybe when I was too young to remember, before 95

Edited by Essex Easterly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

BBC going for 14c and Light Rain on Christmas day for London

Still completely confused how some folk are happy to be leaving the dry/ dull weather for that... 

At least with this Stagnant dry weather it can sometimes feel seasonal and cold and its DRY!!

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Lauren said:

I'd class it as snow on the ground at Christmas or at least snowy in the week surrounding it. 

Then unless you are 70+ I'd say you still have a chance Lauren :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Oh dear, Fergie weather has just dropped a bomb in the MOD thread and stunk the place out. 

I await the ramifications !!! 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, shotski said:

Oh dear, Fergie weather has just dropped a bomb in the MOD thread and stunk the place out. 

I await the ramifications !!! 

Fergie only says what the data is showing, I'm sure this time last Dec we was being told about something for Jan which sadly never played out.

Fair play to Ian updating us though, hopefully the tables can be flipped otherwise another poor winter.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
50 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Thoughts with the Berlin victims tonight. What is the world coming to these days? Taken my thoughts away from the weather.

Absolutely , what's this world coming too.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
14 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

BBC going for 14c and Light Rain on Christmas day for London

Still completely confused how some folk are happy to be leaving the dry/ dull weather for that... 

At least with this Stagnant dry weather it can sometimes feel seasonal and cold and its DRY!!

It looks like the unsettled weather will be short lived though with a return to.... well the same pattern we are in now, Euro/Scandi high with some milder and dull days mixed with sunny and colder ones depending on the wind direction.