Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted

Well the lack of posts across the board sums the situation up nicely. Unless you are up a hill in the north, there is jack to get excited about for the next week at least. Still, had a few frosts this winter and its been very dry. Better than last year. But now approaching 4 years without snow. Zzzz

Edited by Southender

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Well, I'm not complaining about how dry it is: there is a small but annoying infestation of light rain showers currently blighting the Triangle of Doom...And I didn't see them on the models!

They're very annoying, aren't they?

Posted
36 minutes ago, Southender said:

Well the lack of posts across the board sums the situation up nicely. Unless you are up a hill in the north, there is jack to get excited about for the next week at least. Still, had a few frosts this winter and its been very dry. Better than last year. But now approaching 4 years without snow. Zzzz

"Thames Streamer", it has been so long, it be becoming the stuff of legends! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Minus -14c in my back garden and the wind blowing snow off my roof, nearly buried in it. Wish I could send just even one snowflake your way to the land that snow refuses to re-visit. Crap weekend charts again for Blighty, just mild, cloudy doss again. Fingers crossed for you guys for later next week.

c

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Minus -14c in my back garden and the wind blowing snow off my roof, nearly buried in it. Wish I could send just even one snowflake your way to the land that snow refuses to re-visit. Crap weekend charts again for Blighty, just mild, cloudy doss again. Fingers crossed for you guys for later next week.

c

We'll have none of that, thank you...No snow, please, we're British...:D

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
14 minutes ago, carinthian said:

c

Sounds good to me, there again, I reckon this country would go into melt down at just a fraction of what you're enjoying at the moment.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything exciting.

I wonder why that the storm they just had in Germany has not made its way to us.looking at the fax chart it looks as if it should come over North Sea to us.

Posted
27 minutes ago, 78/79 said:

Sounds good to me, there again, I reckon this country would go into melt down at just a fraction of what you're enjoying at the moment.:D

Yep, a 1978/79 style winter in the UK seems along time ago now, talking about blizzards ect.

C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
41 minutes ago, carinthian said:

c

38 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

We'll have none of that, thank you...No snow, please, we're British...:D

Come on now, we all know the drill when it comes to weather types in this country. When it comes to Summer : Kirkwood Law comes into effect especially when the word humdingers is spoken aloud...thus depriving us of decent thundery weather. Likewise in winter : the law of the moron twins Rao and Madden is activated the moment one or both of them makes a snow forecast liberally laced with as much hype as possible...the effect of this law is unfailing in its ability to prevent snowy weather from materialising.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Azores high and the euro high are ruining winter again, will they still be there in the summer? Been very quiet regarding atlantic storms, yet we still find ourselves snowless.

Biggest fear for summer would be a Greenland high and a southerly jet. Fingers crossed that won't happen. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Biggest fear for summer would be a Greenland high and a southerly jet. Fingers crossed that won't happen. 

The horror show that was the summer of 2007 was a classic example. Northern blocking and a southerly tracking jet. Ugh.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

Come on now, we all know the drill when it comes to weather types in this country. When it comes to Summer : Kirkwood Law comes into effect especially when the word humdingers is spoken aloud...thus depriving us of decent thundery weather. Likewise in winter : the law of the moron twins Rao and Madden is activated the moment one or both of them makes a snow forecast liberally laced with as much hype as possible...the effect of this law is unfailing in its ability to prevent snowy weather from materialising.

Sat flicking through the TV Channels because its too cold outside -15c and just seen this on BBC World Weather.." at least the British Isles will turn milder this weekend " horray !   Just what you wanted to hear. Miserable sod.

C

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 minutes ago, Spikey M said:

NEWBIE ALERT

I thought a Greenland high generally brought cold weather?

In summer, yes!

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Spikey M said:

What does it do in winter?

Theoretically it brings chances of cold weather. But I've yet to see a Greenland high outside summer so really not sure lol 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Spikey M said:

What does it do in winter?

It is a very rare beast in Winter. If we do get a proper Greenland High then very below average temperatures are likely, however, it is not always guaranteed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow
2 hours ago, jethro said:

Love it that it's soooo unusually cold for there that someone has donned a war time 'great coat'. That's the same winter which prompted the Hannah Hauxwell book & film 'Too long a winter', it was particularly harsh up in the Northern Pennines.

Probably Knocker in the war time coat. He's a cold'y at heart:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
18 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Sat flicking through the TV Channels because its too cold outside -15c and just seen this on BBC World Weather.." at least the British Isles will turn milder this weekend " horray !   Just what you wanted to hear. Miserable sod.

C

Had to be one of two broadcast meteorologists/forecasters with a quote like that - DB or JW.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Good luck to people away from the SE in a weeks time.Genuinely hope you get a bucket load 

However, this set up offers diddly squat for me..... Unashamed rampant nimbyism I know !

Edited by TN26

Posted

Gutted I'm not in Slovakia at the moment. I'm flying back on the 17th, just in time for a Saharan plume to melt everything no doubt.

With a bit of luck we could have had our commensurate share of the cold in Europe but alas any luck at all seems impossible to come by at the moment. It's one thing getting a couple of chilly sunny days to compensate but to have to endure another infestation of boring mild nothingness really takes the biscuit. The next few days are going to be very trying indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
3 hours ago, 78/79 said:

Melt down is where we are, freeze up is where we want to be! :rofl:

• Like 2