Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

A bit of cloud has just rolled in for the sunset.

PB280508_sm.thumb.jpg.d4cfa52eed75d1f4b969d6a3742124cf.jpg

Zoom in for the starling show...

Off to see Royal Blood at the BIC tonight. It's going to be a bit nippy walking up West Cliff with no coat on, I reckon. :cold-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, jtay said:

A bit of cloud has just rolled in for the sunset.

PB280508_sm.thumb.jpg.d4cfa52eed75d1f4b969d6a3742124cf.jpg

Zoom in for the starling show...

Off to see Royal Blood at the BIC tonight. It's going to be a bit nippy walking up West Cliff with no coat on, I reckon. :cold-emoji:

Hell yeah, wanna borrow a jacket?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Anyone else suffering from model fatigue?! I know Karlos must be! I’m not as bad as some years but it’s still sucked me in.. it’s just getting it down to T0 now.. seems like we are still chasing dreams. Praying that we do get to see some of that white stuff soon before I actually go insane :pardon:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
26 minutes ago, khodds said:

Anyone else suffering from model fatigue?! I know Karlos must be! I’m not as bad as some years but it’s still sucked me in.. it’s just getting it down to T0 now.. seems like we are still chasing dreams. Praying that we do get to see some of that white stuff soon before I actually go insane :pardon:

Yes it feels like a never ending saga well at least 5 years... We never seem to get any closer to actual snow. :sorry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
30 minutes ago, khodds said:

Very much so. very addictive despite the disappointment it always leaves behind. :sorry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Temperature was falling away nicely until it started to rise again. :(

Same here although it hasn't started rising, it's just stopped at 3.1°C for nearly an hour now. 

Posted

Going to ask this here (forgive me if it’s daft) how far in advance did forecasters have an inkling of the great snowstorms of previous decades? I know nowadays we have far more computer power and modelling systems but just wondered.. we all get false hope from watching models run to run. The most recent years (2010 etc) I seem to remember us not knowing the finer detail until it was literally falling out the sky. 

Maybe ive just answered my own question :pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
2 minutes ago, khodds said:

Going to ask this here (forgive me if it’s daft) how far in advance did forecasters have an inkling of the great snowstorms of previous decades? I know nowadays we have far more computer power and modelling systems but just wondered.. we all get false hope from watching models run to run. The most recent years (2010 etc) I seem to remember us not knowing the finer detail until it was literally falling out the sky. 

Maybe ive just answered my own question :pardon:

I'm not sure exactly but I think they were fairly short notice. I remember the bristol channel streamer came from no where at like 6 hours notice with no weather warning until it was already on the deck...

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Nights King said:

I'm not sure exactly but I think they were fairly short notice. I remember the bristol channel streamer came from no where at like 6 hours notice with no weather warning until it was already on the deck...

Yes I remember this. I also remember a feature that popped up and came from France and zipped along the south coast at short notice.. does anyone else remember this? 

Posted

Only went down to 1.7°C last night so nowhere near an air frost. Sunny morning but clouded over in the last hour  5.8°C. 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Got our first air frost, just, last night with -0.4°C.  Beautiful but bitterly cold day, cloudier now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Those showers are making it further and further south - now fizzling out around Winchester. https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Shame the temp's on the rise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Right on cue, the temperature starts rising! I have to say, the MetO's forecast of the minimums has been very good for here, they normally underestimate it. It looks as thought this November is going to pass without a sub-zero minimum - first time in 7 years!

Posted
8 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Right on cue, the temperature starts rising! I have to say, the MetO's forecast of the minimums has been very good for here, they normally underestimate it. It looks as thought this November is going to pass without a sub-zero minimum - first time in 7 years!

That’s crazy! We’ve had more frosts here this November than I seem to remember for the whole of the last one.. (if I’m remembering rightly ?)

Posted
2 minutes ago, khodds said:

That’s crazy! We’ve had more frosts here this November than I seem to remember for the whole of the last one.. (if I’m remembering rightly ?)

This time last year it was -2.9°C this year it is 3.3°C and rising. :(

Posted
9 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Interesting, it’s still falling here by 0.9C/hr.

It stalled at 3.3 and went back down, but stalled at 2.8. Very disappointing minimum temperatures here to say the least!

Posted

Just like last night it's been sat at 2.8°C for over an hour now.