Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

13 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yes we got a sugar coat dusting of snow here- its mainly melting slowly now but some gorgeous sights further up- early Dec cold sunshine and a sprinkling of ice and snow ...

Shame im working nights at the scenery will be lovely.

I do feel for you guys near the west coast-it really is usually quite considerably colder here..

Lol, your welcome to it  as I'm mostly outside or traveling around so  a snow free winter here would be appreciated  :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

I hope and prey for once in it's life the GFS has this correct and end the near 5 year miserable wait.

A 2 day blizzard for the entire region, YES PLEASE!!!!!!

gfseu-2-162.thumb.png.c7c2cc6d352c2e15539bda0aa7cb134d.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms
5 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

I hope and prey for once in it's life the GFS has this correct and end the near 5 year miserable wait.

A 2 day blizzard for the entire region, YES PLEASE!!!!!!

gfseu-2-162.thumb.png.c7c2cc6d352c2e15539bda0aa7cb134d.png

I would take this as pinch of salt. If the models shows this or similar to this by Tuesday I be more confident.  Lets hope the GFS and the other models come to agreement for it by Tuesday. Kind've feel it won't though.  Fingers crossed!! It gotta be a last chance before I'm going to Tenerife next Sunday!!

• Like 2

Posted

I know it’s metcheck and won’t turn out like this a week ahead but 51.8 cm of snow with 77mph gusts... that would be fun 

52A2DEE5-EB8D-4AB0-AB5C-1B0B5007CE3F.png

C085DB4E-72ED-40E9-AB56-A1792AD72DE7.png

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

I know it’s metcheck and won’t turn out like this a week ahead but 51.8 cm of snow with 77mph gusts... that would be fun 

52A2DEE5-EB8D-4AB0-AB5C-1B0B5007CE3F.png

C085DB4E-72ED-40E9-AB56-A1792AD72DE7.png

Wishful thinking 

• Like 2

Posted

Well very cold out but no precipitation casserole in the oven nearly done mmmm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, WillinGlossop said:

Netweather going for 38.8cm Thursday through Saturday......

E4F29AD3-AF7F-46D7-AA79-66071A82195E.png

EC will give you feet of snow

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Mines showing 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000026 mm for the same timeframe .

If and when it comes ie the forecast now for 7/8/9th dec I’ll have that and you’ll have a foot of the white stuff...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Surprised to see this morning's dandruff on the drive still there when I got home at tea time.

the front of the house does face NE but even so the ground must be pretty cold for it to last all day.

as for next week's will it won't it blizzard, do I get my snow shovel ready and then not use it or leave it in the shed and wish I hadn't.

Posted

Need to get a new shovel....looking forward to huge snowdrifts... but only in my dreams or is march 2013 going to come to fruition up here... my odds 20%

ps hills white all day over snake pass up here too... and quite a bit of ice over the tops and going into Padfield.....

Edited by WillinGlossop

12 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Need to get a new shovel....looking forward to huge snowdrifts... but only in my dreams or is march 2013 going to come to fruition up here... my odds 20%

ps hills white all day over snake pass up here too... and quite a bit of ice over the tops and going into Padfield.....

If you need it I have one of these in stock at the moment ,could be handy in the high Himalayan pennines :rofl:

IMG_1441.JPG

Edited by Mokidugway
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
2 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

If you need it I have one of these in stock at the moment ,could be handy in the high Himalayan penines :rofl:

IMG_1441.JPG

Do you still have any snow machines so we can make a bit to fill that bucket.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

Lol, that would take 5 British winters :rofl:  

March 2013 was my last decent blizzard and probably yours as well.

before that the early 90's, before that the early 80's then the daddy of all for anyone at my age or younger - 1979

will I see better in the next 20 years, possible, will it be this winter, no chance.

Posted
7 hours ago, iand61 said:

before that the early 90's, before that the early 80's then the daddy of all for anyone at my age or younger - 1979

will I see better in the next 20 years, possible, will it be this winter, no chance.

I remember some of the 80's falls when attending primary school.  Still the gold standard for me.. even beating the foot falls we had in 2010.  Possibly because being under 10 years old and building igloos on the school playground was more fun than the sensibility of your adult years and having difficulty getting to work.  My area didn't quite get the falls of snow in March 2013 that more western parts did, but still what did fall was drifted up in the hills.

Suffice to say I bought that snow shovel in 2010 and only needed to use it once since then.  I think a move up in to Saddleworth is required.

Posted
1 hour ago, dodgeredee said:

I remember some of the 80's falls when attending primary school.  Still the gold standard for me.. even beating the foot falls we had in 2010.  Possibly because being under 10 years old and building igloos on the school playground was more fun than the sensibility of your adult years and having difficulty getting to work.  My area didn't quite get the falls of snow in March 2013 that more western parts did, but still what did fall was drifted up in the hills.

Suffice to say I bought that snow shovel in 2010 and only needed to use it once since then.  I think a move up in to Saddleworth is required.

Completely forgot about 2010.

We had decent falls in early January but I think yourselves did better out of that than we did and the snow in December was a pretty good effort but nothing outstanding.

i'd love to see another 79 though, countrywide decent winter but severe at times in the Pennines.

i'm fairly certain that we had almost continuous snow cover in the higher parts of Bacup from New Year until March.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
10 hours ago, iand61 said:

Remember it well, I was about 2 months old :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

http://www.derbysulzers.com/snowa.html

scroll down to 1979 to see the snowy pictures of trains trying to clear the way.

Would be nice to see a repeat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3