Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

apps picking up snow showers sat evening across the region now too..

Aslong as there is enough convective activity in the irish sea then any showers could be more slow moving due to the winds slackening off, would expect the showers to die off eventually as frontal cloud starts to spill in.

Really heavy rain shower here, might be a tad sleety but mostly of rain, dew temps are showing some negative figures across Ireland and Northern Ireland now so that is no doubt a good sign for this region.

Posted
Just now, Geordiesnow said:

Aslong as there is enough convective activity in the irish sea then any showers could be more slow moving due to the winds slackening off, would expect the showers to die off eventually as frontal cloud starts to spill in.

Really heavy rain shower here, might be a tad sleety but mostly of rain, dew temps are showing some negative figures across Ireland and Northern Ireland now so that is no doubt a good sign for this region.

hi GS where can i find the current dps? thanks :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
5 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Good sign, big drop then from 7.9 and 3.9. Keep going down.

All thanks to evaporative cooling and I only caught the edge of the showers. That will help a lot tonight especially late on. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

That trough tonight is interesting me

sunday interests me more though. Battlegrounds are where the NW does best. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

hi GS where can i find the current dps? thanks :)

http://xcweather.co.uk/

Shows quite a few weather stations across Northern Ireland with negative dew temperatures, normal temps are still a bit high but expect too see more wintriness in the showers soon enough hopefully.

• Like 1

Posted

Showers should start to turn to snow across the northwest from just after 6pm!!low thicknesses condusive for snowfall dont come in till 6pm!!the fact some of you are gettin hail showers is pretty good right now!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
4 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

Sunday!!!!!!

7E46B9FC-A1DD-4201-8BB6-F23D102224F1.png

Gonna last much longer according to 12z

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.
2 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

Sunday!!!!!!

7E46B9FC-A1DD-4201-8BB6-F23D102224F1.png

It's looking like my location in Ambleside Cumbria is going to miss out on the bulk of the major snowfall on Sunday which will be more to the south if the region. I can't quite believe this. Plenty of rain today also. Really really p****d off again! The amount of times this has happened to me is unbearable. 

Just now, Barmada_Casten said:

It's looking like my location in Ambleside Cumbria is going to miss out on the bulk of the major snowfall on Sunday which will be more to the south if the region. I can't quite believe this. Plenty of rain today also. Really really p****d off again! The amount of times this has happened to me is unbearable. 

It's worth bearing in mind these are still algorithms and not written in stone , it's a wait and see game I'm afraid .

Posted
2 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

agreed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Cold rain !!!

Posted

Thunder and lightning and hail then some silly sod further up the valley let’s off some fireworks. Poor dog in meltdown!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

I'm not trusting the beeb app. It is a load of rubbish and its in the world of its own.

Posted

Indeed sundays potential is quite complicated to say the least, most runs I have seen seem to favour our region though if albeit areas more further south is probably higher risk but at this stage it all counts for nothing as there is many more runs to go before any of the detail is nailed.

Could be a case of there being 2 bands of PPN, one near or around our region and another flirting with the far South as the models are hinting at a channel low developing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

At this point in time we can say at least in these parts, there are frequent showers, and a max of rain and hail.. it will continue like this here for a few hours yet... later on they may transition to snow, and by morning there may be a covering.. but we really don't know that yet.. like said earlier it's a wait and see situation for the majority of lowland NW England.

Posted
1 minute ago, Geordiesnow said:

Indeed sundays potential is quite complicated to say the least, most runs I have seen seem to favour our region though if albeit areas more further south is probably higher risk but at this stage it all counts for nothing as there is many more runs to go before any of the detail is nailed.

Could be a case of there being 2 bands of PPN, one near or around our region and another flirting with the far South as the models are hinting at a channel low developing.

The high resolution models and the UKMO keep the band over the Midlands and Wales with our region getting little if precipitation.

It will be interesting to see whether the ECM also corrects south.