Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
6 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Its begging to reek of desperation in here ,I'm calling it a bust so I'll see you lot next weekend :)

How long would it take with your digging equipment to take a 1000ft off the tops of the Pennines?

Edited by Had Worse

Posted

Come on everyone, there is a really interesting week coming up, it's not ALL about snow in your garden is it?  If it is those who live on the West Coast are setting up for allot of misery over the years.  I'd love to see snow, but I'll still enjoy this week without it. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Mokidugway said:

It's done in strip mining in the appalachians, mountain top removal ,about 250 million metric ton,about 10 million truck loads ,a while lol

Thats fine, you have until Tuesday to complete the task.

Posted
1 hour ago, johnwirral said:

I think they should remove the model thread and replace it with the South East regional discussion....

Steve Bore and others saying that GFS is better now that its got rid of the widespread heavy snow for the NW and Midlands...

Because it is. He is right. Why wish the ushering in of mild uppers? I think you do a disservice to Steve who has given a great commentary on the models for many years and is the first to celebrate snow wherever it falls.

• Like 3

Posted

Not a great ECM from 96 hours onwards. The southeasterly sets in earlier which is not good for our shower activity and the uppers riser by the end of the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

ignore the potential milder incursion at your peril.. there's some consistency in it now to be honest.. it'll also take alot to bring in these extremely cold uppers we will get early next week back in afterwards, as it may then start the journey northward (the jet). It may still be cold though.

I think the key to satisfaction is concentrate on the near -term.. some extreme uppers of which we rarely see.. and also the snow potential on Tuesday.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, karyo said:

Not a great ECM from 96 hours onwards. The southeasterly sets in earlier which is not good for our shower activity and the uppers riser by the end of the week.

its awful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

All this talk of breakdowns and milder weather coming sooner than expected.

Each to their own I suppose but i’ll gladly take a week of bitter cold and snow before winter sods off for another year and we get something warmer.

that said though the Met outlook is anything but mild with upgrades in snow potential over the coming weeks.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
1 minute ago, iand61 said:

All this talk of breakdowns and milder weather coming sooner than expected.

Each to their own I suppose but i’ll gladly take a week of bitter cold and snow before winter sods off for another year and we get something warmer.

that said though the Met outlook is anything but mild with upgrades in snow potential over the coming weeks.

To be fair though the big 4 (models) only really picked up on this tonight and actually, in sense the Met-Office must have had some idea about a potential breakdown and they did say in their information broadcast that there may be one or two mild incursions.. they knew that already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

WTF my mod thread post got deleted in 30 seconds. Quite p**sed off now as it wasn’t that off topic compared to a lot of the utter tripe  in there tonight. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Latest FAX charts, that little system tracks through our region and a trough follows in the flow. Definitely look at the FAX charts, the 96hrs and 120hr FAX charts will be interesting tonight.

BRAEU_60.gifBRAEU_72.gif

interestingly that little warm sector on the right chart shows up in the temperature correspondance... Liverpool AP rises to +1C and Hawarden to +2C for a time.. however as fair as I know it has no bearing on the precipitation type which should be firmly snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

I go out for a few beers and come home to utter carnage in the MOD thread. A balanced view in here perhaps? Continuing the beers whatever the response :D

Posted
3 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

I go out for a few beers and come home to utter carnage in the MOD thread. A balanced view in here perhaps? Continuing the beers whatever the response :D

from someone who won't be utterly depressed if it goes pear shaped, I'd say to my more neutral standing.. a trend has probably been picked up, but when I run the potential solutions along, it suggests to me it is a milder blip, and I think a second attempted easterly/northeasterly will occur later on

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

WTF my mod thread post got deleted in 30 seconds. Quite p**sed off now as it wasn’t that off topic compared to a lot of the utter tripe  in there tonight. 

Is that a record.

Id contact the Guiness book of records if I were you. Could be your claim to fame.

Posted
1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

I just had a look at what the Met Office are saying for Friday on their 5 day forecast for my area, it doesn't tally with what UKMO 12z shows for Friday. Not at the moment anyway. 

I generally find that if they are on the fence with what the conditions will be, they put light cloud and 2C 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

I generally find that if they are on the fence with what the conditions will be, they put light cloud and 2C 

I just looked at London's forecast for Friday, goes for an easterly all day, no way there will an easterly all day for London based on the UKMO 12z. Anyway, we will see if changes. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, SP1986 said:

from someone who won't be utterly depressed if it goes pear shaped, I'd say to my more neutral standing.. a trend has probably been picked up, but when I run the potential solutions along, it suggests to me it is a milder blip, and I think a second attempted easterly/northeasterly will occur later on

I agree. I always take anything upto 120 seriously, anything past that can be pretty to look at at times but has to be taken with a huge pinch of salt. Not viewed charts properly (might have something to do with the beer) but not convinced the milder air would power in esp as per ECM.

Looking a great week for the region coming up and right now that's all that matters! CHEERS! :drunk:

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Change your location to Watford or somewhere in Kent I'm sure it'll stick around for a while longer if you do ?