Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Last one from me as the Mrs getting irritated and wanting to make the Journey down south.

UKMO Extended brings the low end of next week to the region giving Heavy snow and possible Blizzards

ICCON Keeps the system way south of us keeping us in the cold air

C.S

Posted

Usual caveats apply, but the 06z output is ramping up the snow possibilities for Tuesday now. At the moment we’re in a good location for a system moving in off the North Sea and pushing SW. 

could change. 

69-779UK.GIF?24-6

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
4 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Usual caveats apply, but the 06z output is ramping up the snow possibilities for Tuesday now. At the moment we’re in a good location for a system moving in off the North Sea and pushing SW. 

could change. 

69-779UK.GIF?24-6

Met office warning ties in with this. Now we're all doomed if there's a warning haha, grab your coats guys 

Posted
1 minute ago, Spah1 said:

8836F6BF-2F9D-463C-BCFD-918610395DA7.thumb.png.8c234acfbeec9b67314472ffe2aa9fd4.png

They've just changed it! We are now no longer in the warning!!!

Posted

Gone as quick as it appeared. They must’ve made a mistake 

BFFE7224-DBCF-457D-89C3-9316535F5EC2.png

Posted
1 minute ago, Backtrack said:

We’re definitely in the warning area Tuesday and Wednesday 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, Backtrack said:

That’s the old one?❄️

Posted

I really think we need to remember there are 2 distinct "areas" in our region.  We have been here already this winter, snowmageddon charts statements suggesting widespread snow etc etc. I have in my 40+ years never seen significant snow here direct from an easterly set up. This is where some of the posts are misleading I am sure those near the Pennines will get snow - possibly a significant amount - but please remember it is a totally different story for those who live lower down and nearer the coast. 

Even the charts posted on the previous pages although showing the possibility of snow for here the amounts are minimal, although admittedly they are there. I still expect a mainly dry and cold week here with the potential for light snow mon\tues. All obviously IMBY but as for widespread heavy snow i just can't see it. 

• Like 1

Posted

Ah yes. My app is behind. My bad

7 minutes ago, Snow free zone said:

I really think we need to remember there are 2 distinct "areas" in our region.  We have been here already this winter, snowmageddon charts statements suggesting widespread snow etc etc. I have in my 40+ years never seen significant snow here direct from an easterly set up. This is where some of the posts are misleading I am sure those near the Pennines will get snow - possibly a significant amount - but please remember it is a totally different story for those who live lower down and nearer the coast. 

Even the charts posted on the previous pages although showing the possibility of snow for here the amounts are minimal, although admittedly they are there. I still expect a mainly dry and cold week here with the potential for light snow mon\tues. All obviously IMBY but as for widespread heavy snow i just can't see it. 

Indeed big region and rampant Imbyisum abound in here .

Posted
48 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Well this is were I say Goodbye to this thread until next Friday(if I can get home)

Wish me luck I am off down to the SE For a Family break(Booked well before this cold spell was forecast)

Hope you guys get snow and enjoy

will obviously be peeking on my phone to see how you guys up here are doing.(Wont post any pictures from down south on this thread probably make you:wallbash:)

Good luck to all.

C.S

Have a nice break

Posted

Even in the east of the region, I won't get my hopes up yet. I remember 2013. Snow showers did make it over the hills to Stockport and they were beefy.

But they were too few and far between that there was never more than a cm or two which mostly melted straight away. And then when there was the big snow event that buried some areas, he had a few flakes in a breeze and that's it. 

Wo i think in this region some will be lucky others won't just depends if we get under constant showers or not.

Posted

Well I suppose I should come out of my cave now there is a credible ⚠️ warning.

hopefully in ten year times we’ll be crying and hoping for 2018 to come back instead of 2010.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
52 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Well this is were I say Goodbye to this thread until next Friday(if I can get home)

Wish me luck I am off down to the SE For a Family break(Booked well before this cold spell was forecast)

Hope you guys get snow and enjoy

will obviously be peeking on my phone to see how you guys up here are doing.(Wont post any pictures from down south on this thread probably make you:wallbash:)

Good luck to all.

C.S

Have a nice break, see u in a minute

Posted

A couple of nice charts that tie in with the meto warnings, it's upgrading for our region as we get closer! :cold::good:

69-574UK.thumb.GIF.1311ce0ec90df0caf5fffa82ebe8ab8c.GIF108-574UK.thumb.GIF.aa29fa7d7d698d34043384d75624dbed.GIF

• Like 1

Posted

No point looking past 3-4 days as it will keep fluctuating, all good though this morning.