Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog

Got to love the North West 

4DC11A99-C563-4C53-971A-68095CD82967.png.43c7c38254b60054a36b63dacb108cec.png

Posted
2 minutes ago, Winter Hill said:

i came to the conclusion a long time ago we live in the suckiest region in the UK for snow- my only hope really is a strong east/north easter, tues and wed are just that so if that fails to deliver then i think its time to take a break for me.. (still think it will deliver tho ) :)

Just now, northwestsnow said:

i came to the conclusion a long time ago we live in the suckiest region in the UK for snow- my only hope really is a strong east/north easter, tues and wed are just that so if that fails to deliver then i think its time to take a break for me.. (still think it will deliver tho ) :)

I'm not holding my breath ,lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
6 minutes ago, Winter Hill said:

Better charts are available :wink:

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

It's the dreaded south Easterly winds mate.

I still think some in our region will get a serious dumping Thursday and Friday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
2 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

I'll put my neck on the line and say that south and west Cumbria will stay dry .

Noooo!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Winter Hill said:

It's the dreaded south Easterly winds mate.

I still think some in our region will get a serious dumping Thursday and Friday. 

tues and wed are east/north eastly arent they?

Posted
Just now, northwestsnow said:

tues and wed are east/north eastly arent they?

I mean Thursday and Friday as the low pressure heads up from the south.. winds veer South East 

Posted

I think they should remove the model thread and replace it with the South East regional discussion....

Steve Bore and others saying that GFS is better now that its got rid of the widespread heavy snow for the NW and Midlands...

2 minutes ago, johnwirral said:

I think they should remove the model thread and replace it with the South East regional discussion....

Steve Bore and others saying that GFS is better now that its got rid of the widespread heavy snow for the NW and Midlands...

Aye that guys full of s h I t

• Like 1

Posted

The more south the low stays the better. Preferably over France or up to the channel at the maximum. You can see how the precipitation charts dry up for our region in the second half of the week as the low moves closer. It can also give a premature end to our cold spell. The UKMO 144 hour chart is a worry in that regard.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

E4BC0501-700A-4425-BD52-D0E49ECD82EB.thumb.gif.9fb0172fd022861e5f76efbf873469bb.gif

someone pass me a bowl so I can ? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
2 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

E4BC0501-700A-4425-BD52-D0E49ECD82EB.thumb.gif.9fb0172fd022861e5f76efbf873469bb.gif

That looks pretty accurate tbh, awful awful place to live for snow.?

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

I have noticed that the GFS shows most of the shower activity during the afternoon hours, helped by the sun. Then overnight mainly dry. This is also what happened in March 2013 which meant that snow only settled briefly and then the sun made short work of it. You can still keep the snow in the shade though.

6 minutes ago, karyo said:

I have noticed that the GFS shows most of the shower activity during the afternoon hours, helped by the sun. Then overnight mainly dry. This is also what happened in March 2013 which meant that snow only settled briefly and then the sun made short work of it. You can still keep the snow in the shade though.

Rather pointless though karyo ,lol

Posted
Just now, Mokidugway said:

Rather pointless though karyo ,lol

Like I said before, I am looking forward to the intense cold and the snow flurries. As long as the hills get a good covering I am happy.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, karyo said:

Easterlies rarely deliver for our region on the whole , we need a strong convective flow with embedded troughs or a frontal attack. At the moment I think most of us will see falling snow but amounts may not amount to that much away from elevation. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Hocus Pocus said:

Easterlies rarely deliver for our region on the whole , we need a strong convective flow with embedded troughs or a frontal attack. At the moment I think most of us will see falling snow but amounts may not amount to that much away from elevation. 

I agree. Unless the models pick up something more organised that ideally happens when it is dark.

The models looked better for the end of next week and next weekend with shortwaves coming down from the north but today we are seeing the appearance of that ugly low from the south.