Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
3 minutes ago, The4Seasons said:

Tell me about it - ME/PVS is horrid. When it first develops it terrifies you to think you are coming down with MS or some nervous system illness that will eventually kill you. Anxiety goes through the roof - not even a psychiatrist can reasure you everything is ok because the symptoms are that dreadful. It took the doctor 1 year to confirm my diagnosis. 20 years later and I still suffer from time to time but it's so relieving once you had the tests and diagnosis. I do expect some people to who recover from this virus to get similar symptoms to PVS. Mine started after the H1N1 virus which turned into pneumonia for 3 months in 2009/2010. The recovery was soon followed by my unfortunate downfall to PVS. 

Every sympathy my friend!

3 years of prodding/poking/blood letting to be left with " you have PVS, try and live within your limitations"........

As I say they 'practice medicine'....... 1/3rd 'clear up' via Placebo and 1/3rd not cleared up...... so their 'hit rate' pretty much shadows the 'Placebo' hit rate?

Do not get me wrong , they are widely read and experienced in running the 'machine that goes ping' but they are as 'mortal' as the next person when it comes to figuring a 'diagnosis'?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
1 hour ago, Gray-Wolf said:

H1N1 in December 2010 left me struggling with the impacts of 'Post viral Syndrome' and I'm sure this virus will create its own pool of victims that will also find their lives radically altered by such an 'autoimmune misfire' even if they 'sail through' the infection itself?

The common factor in Me/PVS/Yuppie flu is stress/anxiety?

Get into a 'calm' headspace and you might spare yourself worse later!!!!

You have my sympathy mate. Yuppie flu is indeed related to high stress levels. Basically when your really stressed and over worked your body's immune system runs lower, leaving you prone to more bugs and virus bacteria to enter your system. Your body is basically one big hormone when under stress, and this can lead to all your thoughts and physical actions misfiring. But the strange thing for me is how you actually feel like the flu is coming on during these periods, only to feel better after a goodnights rest the next day. I'm pretty sure many on here are feeling a hell of a lot worse since following this virus! Some are probably convinced they now have it after feeling a little run down! Post viral syndrome definitely exists, and I'm pretty confident that pre virus syndrome also does. 

• Like 3

Guest Delete Me

As of 9am on 10 March 2020, 26,261 people have been tested in the UK, of which 25,888 were confirmed negative and 373 were confirmed as positive. Six patients who tested positive for COVID-19 have died.

Edited by Delete Me

Posted

85% of cases in France so far have been mild .

15% have needed hospital treatment .

So the Deputy CMO in the UK peddling her 99% line of just a bit of flu is really not acceptable.

Clearly just a bit of flu doesn’t have you in hospital .

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

As of 9am on 10 March 2020, 26,261 people have been tested in the UK, of which 25,888 were confirmed negative and 373 were confirmed as positive. Six patients who tested positive for COVID-19 have died.

So that's an increase of about 55 since yesterday?

Guest Delete Me
1 minute ago, Snowy L said:

So that's an increase of about 55 since yesterday?

54 new cases which is great news!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Well that is at least a sign that things are still somewhat under control here with the obvious lag of a good 5-8 days based on the incubation period.

Looks like we are roughly in line with the Netherlands, however Spain is very worrying because that is rapidly taking off and yet another country that we are going to have to watch like a hawk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Breaking: A total of 373 people have tested positive for coronavirus in the UK as of 9am on Tuesday up from 319 yesterday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms or snow
3 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

still under 400 which is positive 

Guest Delete Me

Containment protocols are working and community transmission is being kept to a minimum.

Who knows how many unconfirmed cases there are though

6 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

So the Deputy CMO in the UK peddling her 99% line of just a bit of flu is really not acceptable.

Clearly just a bit of flu doesn’t have you in hospital .

Where are you getting all that from? As far as I can tell, the Deputy CMO has said no such thing?

Edited by emax

Posted
3 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

image.thumb.png.7f3229de7ba600dc0662e83eea0b49cd.png

Good to see its fairly stable line...however I do suspect given both Italy have recently shot up and now Spain is doing the exact same within the average incubation time (Italy have added 6000 cases and Spain was at just 228), we are surely going to import more cases which may lead to community spread more widely, especially in the London region.

Think we have probably been more lucky than anything else thus far...

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Snipper said:

If the numbers go up that should be no surprise as that is what the government and its advisers have been telling us for a while now.

Yeh, there's more hysteria in here than the media at times. Still early days, but UK cases do seem to be slightly lower than the "trend", if its even a reliable trend.

1 minute ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Daily case numbers for the past 7 days =  34-30-48-43-67-46-54

Out of interest, do we know how the UK results time lag compares to other countries? Some suggestions that tests were taking 3 to 4 days to give a result, so if thats still the case, it could explain the lag maybe?

• Like 1

Posted

Cases by region in England

• East of England | 29 (+5)
  • London | 91 (+30)
  • Midlands | 36 (+6)
  • North East and Yorkshire | 24 (+2)
  • North West | 37 (+2)
  • South East | 51 (+8)
  • South West | 41  (+3)

To be determined | 15 (-9)

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, emax said:

UK to UK cases have been apparent for ages, its nothing new.

So why are the UK Government still in containment stage then?

Posted
3 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Maybe they're so mild the majority have gone unreported? Away from London official number are only going up by small amounts each day.

Posted
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Dunno know as they have not consulted with me.

Posted
12 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Cases by region in England

• East of England | 29 (+5)
  • London | 91 (+30)
  • Midlands | 36 (+6)
  • North East and Yorkshire | 24 (+2)
  • North West | 37 (+2)
  • South East | 51 (+8)
  • South West | 41  (+3)

To be determined | 15 (-9)

Very good news ! It's definitely been contained