Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted

And adding to info on vaccine research -

1079925_COVID-19-Infographic-March-2020-
WWW.PHARMACEUTICAL-JOURNAL.COM

As a new strain of coronavirus threatens public health systems across the globe, researchers are racing to develop a vaccine.

41 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

She said it on BBC breakfast this morning. I thought it at best an ill judged statement at the time, I hope it doesnt com back and bite her on the backside...

38 minutes ago, Snipper said:

I am sure some ungracious people will try and make sure it does.  How many on here could perform well with such a pressurised situation.  Not me for sure.

Can one of you find a link, because I watched her interview on BBC breakfast, and see no mention of it?

Posted

Some  data from France . Looking at who is infected in terms of confirmed cases clearly of working age makes a big difference .

Which is logical as you come into contact with more people.

Under 18 -7% 

18 to 64 -64% 

65 and over 29%

The case fatality rate is as follows .

Under 40 0.2%

40 to 49 0.4%

50 to 59 1.3%

60 to 69 3.6%

70 to 79 8%

80+ 15% 

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Anyone actual work on here during the day or is everyone, retired, self employed, skiving or something else?

Skiving for me

• Like 1

Guest Delete Me

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced Tuesday the deployment of the National Guard to New Rochelle, NY to stop the spread of the Coronavirus in that city, which he described as the “most significant cluster in the country.”

“Those measures include deploying National Guard troops to a Health Department command post and setting up a satellite testing facility and one-mile containment area in the city. To date, Westchester County has seen 108 confirmed COVID-19 cases; that’s 58 percent of all tri-state cases,”

“New Rochelle is home to the midtown Manhattan lawyer who has been linked to dozens of cases across multiple states. He was the second confirmed case in the state and its first instance of community spread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Breaking: The first case of coronavirus in County Durham has been confirmed this afternoon. A spokesperson from Darlington Borough Council has revealed a person in the town has tested positive for COVID-19.

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Good luck  it's a bugger to get qualified     even if you like maths 

The memories of the task still haunt me.  Worked full time, had a family and also achieved my professional qualifications (2).  Thank goodness I’m not going to do that again. 

Edited by Snipper
  • Like 3

Posted
Just now, weirpig said:

Good luck  it's a bugger to get qualified     even if you like maths 

Already got the AAT Full level 1 qualification, part way through the Level 2, got the exam for the Book Keeping Controls on Thursday and then it's the Sage level 2 after that (the main computer program that's used in accountancy).  I'm finding it stupidly easy, I think I finally found my calling, pity I didn't find out about all this when I left school a couple decades ago wouldn't have had to suffer 20+ years of retail and warehouse hell. 

And to stay on topic, had a 'nice, pleasant journey' on the bus home, with 2 lads sitting behind me coughing freely all over the place.  The joys.... Ended up washing my hair straight away when I got back home  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
18 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

If they are sitting further back in the bus the original carrier it's not really surprising, as every time the doors open you'd get a breeze that would push any airborne droplets backwards. aka try and stay 'upwind' of people so it essentially gets pushed away from you, than towards you

We need a northerly wind

jokes aside,the number of cases will go up in the UK,it's inevitable but we need to keep that as minimal as possible,now there is some stupidy going on to name a couple:-

why on earth are there such stubborn people thinking that there can get away with saying it's just a cold going to the Cheltenham festival coughing his guts up that might be spreading this virus around thousands of people,what an absolute pillock!

and two,the surgeon,W.T.F his he playing at,you would think that a man of his caliber and knowledge would self-isolate,jeez.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Ryukai said:

Already got the AAT Full level 1 qualification, part way through the Level 2, got the exam for the Book Keeping Controls on Thursday and then it's the Sage level 2 after that (the main computer program that's used in accountancy).  I'm finding it stupidly easy, I think I finally found my calling, pity I didn't find out about all this when I left school a couple decades ago wouldn't have had to suffer 20+ years of retail and warehouse hell. 

And to stay on topic, had a 'nice, pleasant journey' on the bus home, with 2 lads sitting behind me coughing freely all over the place.  The joys.... Ended up washing my hair straight away when I got back home  

Brilliant  keep going   wait till you get to the cta 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.
5 minutes ago, Snipper said:

What poor advice? How would you improve it?  Difficult giving advice.  You either say too much or too little. When there is a vast range what do you say?

We are at a stage when the government is talking about anyone with general symptom's self isolating in the next phase. If you go through nhs 111 website unless you have come back from an infected area or knowingly have been in contact with an infected person they send you into there general diagnostic tool which at best tells you to go to your GP for the general symptom's you might have. If you are using the tool because you suspect coronavitus there needs to be a specific tool and weighting given to symptoms. As an example a congested nose needs to establish the level of infection ie is an mucus showing signs of blood etc is the chest tight at times but not constricted, sore throat etc etc The present tool does not link each symptom so how can it come to a valid decision.

It is difficult but they have now know about this for over 3 months 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Italy cases now at 10,149. Deaths shot up to 631.

Do you know what the previous figure was KW ? That looks horrific .

Some really sad stories now appearing . An Italian woman who works in Dublin apparently lost her grandmother to the virus , now her father is infected and she’s unable to see him .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters
5 minutes ago, emax said:

Can one of you find a link, because I watched her interview on BBC breakfast, and see no mention of it?

Forgive the link source but I cant be bothered to trawl through bbc breakfast to find her say it, but this should be sufficient in lieu

"So large numbers of the population will become infected but because it's a naive population, nobody has got antibodies to this virus currently.

"Having said that we know that 99% of those will get better and most people will have quite a mild disease and can be managed safely at home."

Containment

Dr Harries added: "We still have relatively few cases here, which is why we're still in the containment phase."

NINTCHDBPICT000569591394.jpg?strip=all&q
WWW.THESUN.CO.UK

Jenny Harries warned that the number of cases will soon skyrocket, after top medics told Britain that they would have to stay home if they...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Posted
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

Do you know what the previous figure was KW ? That looks horrific .

Some really sad stories now appearing . An Italian woman who works in Dublin apparently lost her grandmother to the virus , now her father is infected and she’s unable to see him .

Cases was 9172 and 463. So a reduction in cases compared to few days but an uptick in deaths.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

New cases have fallen in Italy by 820 compared to the same update yesterday. Deaths have increased by 71.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

USA going BYE BYE! ??

image.thumb.png.3c38f66284b7493dc505d20ad420fd1a.png

And that’s an underestimate as Italy had by that stage tested a lot more people. You’re right though the USA is in big trouble .

Don’t mean to be too political but the attack ads for the election there are being done already and will be wheeled out in the autumn if things go badly.  Not sure Trump calling the virus a hoax will age well ! 

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 4

Posted
Just now, Summer Sun said:

New cases have fallen in Italy by 820 compared to the same update yesterday. Deaths have increased by 71.

That means the fatality rate is going up ! Absolutely awful to see what’s happening there .

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Just travelled 1 stop on a commuter train.  10 people cough and or breathing heavily.  Thst was a 10 minute journey.   

It makes you wonder doesnt it. About 5 9f these didnt cover when coughing.

Its basic manners to cover your mouth when coughing, and is actually vital at this time.

What is wrong with people??

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
4 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Forgive the link source but I cant be bothered to trawl through bbc breakfast to find her say it, but this should be sufficient in lieu

"So large numbers of the population will become infected but because it's a naive population, nobody has got antibodies to this virus currently.

"Having said that we know that 99% of those will get better and most people will have quite a mild disease and can be managed safely at home."

Containment

Dr Harries added: "We still have relatively few cases here, which is why we're still in the containment phase."

NINTCHDBPICT000569591394.jpg?strip=all&q
WWW.THESUN.CO.UK

Jenny Harries warned that the number of cases will soon skyrocket, after top medics told Britain that they would have to stay home if they...

Cannot see any reference to 99% of the population getting the disease?   99% recovering from it is a totally different thing!