Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

If you had to lose one of the following weathers....

Lauren

Which one would you lose?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you lose?

• Snow
    • Thunderstorms
    • Scorching sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Snow. 

It's not like we ever get any down here anyway since climate change really started to kick in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

I'd add 'windstorms' to the mix, which I'd happily lose (although they look more likely than less). For those of us who are property owners...the blowing down of fences, damage to trees, and general damage has no upside. In all seriousness, repairing the damage of wind has cost me more than any additional heating that would be required if we ever got any proper cold. I appreciate that those who do not have to pay for it might find it entertaining...but for me, I dread a windstorm. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

and me Oliver, can't be doing with gales either, I always want a good summer, I do like heat but not for too long, 3 days over 30 on the bounce is enough, then I'd like it around mid 20's

• Like 1

Posted

*Stormforce~beka* in a few years you will unlikely need a choice not to have snow! 😒

As I keep banging the same drum, mild and heat seekers have much to look forward to, yet they still moan!

Edited by Don
  • Like 2

Posted

In 90s and earlier, there would be less votes for snow, as we got proper snow then, think even I prefer summer over the modern w1nter crappy wet sleet at best

Posted

Don Agree, it's amazing how much whingeing we get from heat freaks, given the much warmer climate that we have and the almost total absence of winter from the Midlands southwards!

• Like 1

Posted

I remember Atlantic 252 I certainly understand where you're coming from but there's always hope 'next year might be different!' even though it seldom happens!

• Like 1

Posted

I remember Atlantic 252 Atlantic Ocean, yes, mid-20s is the sweetspot for me too, I can live with and appreciate that. When I was young 30c was exceptional, nowadays it's almost expected...England used to be a country of moderation, in every sense, now we seem to tend to extremes!

• Like 1

Posted

I'm looking for warmth on models now, looking decent next week, least favourite weather is bitter wind with no snow due, a bit like 2 days ago 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
36 minutes ago, SollyOlly said:

it's amazing how much whingeing we get from heat freaks, given the much warmer climate that we have and the almost total absence of winter from the Midlands southwards

Warmer climate ≠ drier or sunnier for the UK and that's where the main issue and reasoning lies in for the so called whinging. Plus those heat spikes where it gets excessively hot for a short period instead of longer pleasant warmth. I think we'd need to go back to spring 2020 for when a prolonged spell of "pleasant" warmth was last seen, and before that i'm not even sure, maybe June 2018? I always say this, these days warmth is best in April, May early June by far, cool mornings leading into warm days, strong sunshine nothing crazy.

Many warm fans I think would also appreciate snowy crisp winters for seasonal disparity, but when they are mild washouts instead, no surprise many are looking forward to the warmer days of mid spring to summer.

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Definitely scorching sun for me and even more so if humid.with it.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Scorching sun for me. I do like hot sunny weather, as long as it doesn't drag on, but the other two are far more interesting IMO. 

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Definitely scorching sun for me and even more so if humid.with it.

Now that's something I would lose in a heart beat! 🥵

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

None. They are all good IMO when it’s in the right season. 

Edited by HammerJack
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

If by scorching sun, how hot are we talking? If it’s temps above, say 30°C, then I would happily never those conditions again as I’m not a huge fan of the heat, much prefer 20°C and sunny conditions. I’d miss not having snow or thunderstorms ever again though.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

1st choice: Losing rain in small amounts over long periods arriving just at the only times I can have my bike ride.

2nd choice: Windy conditions which ruin bike rides.

3rd choice: Cold weather making riding uncomfortable.

Rain is only welcome if it is a decent total or a thunderstorm / thundery shower event. Cold only welcome if it will bring a decent snow event to my locality. 

Possibly the best answer and weather I could manage without the most: Never having the annoyance of missing interesting events at home while I am away on holiday again!

• Like 2

Posted

Cold, wet and windy can do one for me. I'd have hot dry weather with occasional bouts of rain at night over the (still hot and dry) winter.

Edited by SunnyG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

What's the definition of "scorching sun"?

I'd be happy to never see 30C as long as the summers were still sunny and moderately warm (in the 21-29C range). Would prefer no 30C to no snow or no thunderstorms.

Not sure if that answers the question.

I see some have mentioned other types of weather so here's mine: if the wind never blew from the southwesterly quarter ever again, the climate would improve ten fold. Dull and damp weather a low cloud base, high dewpoint, with mild nights (all year), and invarying daytime temps (cool in summer and very mild in winter) is my most detested weather type. Worse than cold rain in a NE-ly, for example.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winter, Hot Summer

I'd prefer it we had 6 months of cold, ice / snow then 6 months of hot sunshine. Every year.

And yet we get 8 months of Autumn like conditions, 2 months of spring and 2 months of summer. 

Anyway - thunderstorms (which I do enjoy in summer) have to go. BBQ ruiners. 

Edited by PsychedelicTony

Posted

I really enjoy snow but the last time we had a decent amount was 3 years ago so I'd have to say snow on the basis it is getting as rare as walking trees (no other reason)

• Like 1