Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

If you had to lose one of the following weathers....

Lauren

Which one would you lose?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you lose?

• Snow
    • Thunderstorms
    • Scorching sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

If it never got above 30c again, I'd be a happy bunny...and I'd trade heat for snow anyday! 

• Like 3

Posted

Scorchio Sunno can go. Summertime mild temperatures up to 21'c is perfectly fine but anything above that is when I personally start to struggle with sleepless nights, constant sweats, just generally wanting the heat & humidity to be gone ASAP. When it's colder you can at least wrap-up or exercise for warmth but when it's overbearing heat there's simply no respite for days/weeks 🥵

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!

If by "scorching" sun you mean a typical clear sky in summer, then snow has gotta go.  If you mean a scorching sun like Death Valley then yes scorching sun would go!

• Like 4

Posted

Snow definitely. Only ever get max 2 days of it anyway so why trade lovely warm summer sunshine for that ?, 

Edited by JoeShmoe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Scorching sun for me, in fact any day with temps above 25c. You can't really do much about being too warm, it's much easier to heat up than cool down for me anyway.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

Scorching sun. I find it energy sapping and therefore as useless as 24 hours of continuous rain for doing outdoor activities. It is also inevitably followed by warm nights which make sleeping very difficult and trying to do a days work feeling like I have semi-permanent jet-lag is unpleasant.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Gonna be an unpopular choice, but I'd vote for thunderstorms. Yes they're exciting and can be truly spectacular, but of those three choices they're also by far the most likely to end up causing expensive damage! Though it depends what "scorching sun" really means. If it's days on end of 28 °C, then bring it on. If we're talking July 2022-style 40 °C then maybe less so.

Snow is now so rare in these parts that I find it a more exciting weather type than storms anyway.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Agree with some of the other sentiments here that "scorching sun" is a very loose, subjective term. 

Realistically, the vast, vast majority of our summer weather is not anything close to scorching sun in meteorological terms, especially globally when you consider how cool British summers are compared to nearly everywhere else in the world. 

That's why I've voted thunderstorms, because it's the least beautiful, most bothersome and least useable condition out of the 3 for me. Snow is aesthetically lovely and quite rare now so feels like a treat when it arrives. Scorching sun is in my books anything over 35c which in London we only get a couple of days a year of at most, and even then, not every year and certainly not in many areas of the country. 

If we had more thunderstorms like North America gets, I'd be more interested in them, but British thunderstorms nowadays just seem to be 24-48 hours of very dull, wet and windy scenes with the odd rumble. I think it's genuinely been years since I saw lightning!? Used to be pretty common when I was a kid in the 90s.

• Like 3

Posted

A difficult choice as I love all 3, but snow is by far my favourite followed by thunderstorms (Plus we could still have thunderstorms with record breaking heat as the poll doesn't mention high temperatures in isolation 😉).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Took me a while to decide as I love all three of those at the right times of year, but if I had to choose to be rid of one then it would be thunderstorms. Everything is dead in winter, so snow makes the bleak landscape look all bright and cheery and it doesn't usually last long enough in this country for me to complain about it. Equally, I enjoy warm sunny weather during the summer and detest dull summers. And our summers are generally not that scorching for me to complain about them..

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

I'd lose snow. Useless rubbish. 

• Like 2

Posted

A lot depends on the definition of scorching sun. If it means anything above say 32C then I'd happily get rid. But if it means we lose more like any day above 26-27C then no, and I'd rather lose snow.

I say this as someone who quite likes snow, but widespread snow is so infrequent now, probably averaging a couple of decent snow events a decade at most, that whilst I'd happily sacrifice very hot weather to keep that, I wouldn't sacrifice very warm to moderately hot weather, as that can be quite pleasant and more importantly happens far more frequently.

In short, question needs to be better defined, but I'm presuming the question is intended to make the decision difficult, so going with the second definition it has to be the snow that goes.

Thunderstorms are brilliant -  I find them really atmospheric and brilliant contrast after a heatwave, so I wouldn't give them up in any case.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Obviously the snow. Not worth losing a summer or some thunderstorms for the 2 days a year that we get a few flakes of snow (that doesn't even settle).

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Everything below 22 c wet weather  and wind with exception of thunderstorms 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Scorching hot sun days with endless blue sky and no cloud to provide occasional relief from it.  Anything above 22c can go for me.  I find it depletes all my energy.   Wind storms in winter can go too - cause too much damage.

Edited by Puddy Galore
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

No problem with heat but high humidity can go.

No problem with snow but cold rain/sleet can go.

No problem with wind as long as it is blowing away the rain.

No problem with rain when it falls overnight.

If I had to remove only one of the above it would be excessive rainfall. 

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

I'd choose snow.  It is a shame, but we don't get much of it now anyway so wouldn't make a lot of difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

SummerShower I don't I'd miss 15 minutes' sleety stuff each winter! 😁

• Like 1

Posted

The top 5 weathers I would be quite happy to lose forever:

1) Freezing rain. Downright dangerous as well as the "why the hell isn't it snow' thing. Luckily I've only ever seen it 3 times but that's 4 too many. 

2) Sleet, graupel, ice pellets and non-sticking snow. More "why isn't it proper snow" stuff, not as dangerous as 1) though just damn frustrating especially when it's the proper stuff in other places, particularly nearby at the same height.

3) Useless cloud. North Sea muck, infill crud, anticyclonic gloom, "weak fronts" or especially that dense mid-level dross that keeps turning up during warm spells. This particularly if the other places are sunny/clear

4) Cold rain (5C or below). See 2) 

5) That soaking drizzle that doesn't look much but gets you drenched.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I like snow but like thunderstorms and sunshine even more. 
Shame there’s no ‘pointless grey muck’ option, considering that’s what the UK does ad nauseum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Needless to say, scorching sun for me.  Sun itself is fine but 'scorching' is too much.  However, moving forward I'm gonna have to get used to it and wave goodbye to snow!! 🥵 😥

Edited by Don
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

we've virtually already lost snow, low levels south! mine would be daytime washouts, they used to be a one in every 5 year event, now can be once/twice a week

• Insightful 2