Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/09/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Damp and cloudy, overnight low was 7.7°C at: 05:16

Currently 9.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Sun is out now actually.

Posted

Off work next week and it's looking like a mixed bag. Got loads of outdoor stuff to do, so we'll see.

Tomorrow is looking decent. Going to see the Stourhead lights tomorrow evening with our pals and their kids. Ho ho ho... :santa-emoji:

Posted

Actually feels quite pleasant and mild walking in the sunshine with a fairly light breeze. Got to 11.0°C at home before I left.F65401F7-E66F-4BB8-9754-B1994F66F6D2.thumb.jpeg.cf9a63b163de9607c847235f2660777f.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny now after a cloudy morning. 11.2°C

Posted
On 09/12/2020 at 19:56, jtay said:

Back on the iPlayer for a few more weeks. Mostly archive footage from '63. A lot of it from the South West.

p08zhmbh.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Chris Packham takes a look at the worst winter of the 20th century in 1963.

Oh heck, it makes meander back in the tales of the winter of '47 from my mum when she lived in Yorkshire. Then I had the joy to experience '63 as a child, amazing time for the young of the day..scraping ice off the inside of the single pane windows, out with the metal tubing sled my parents bought me(which I still own...just in case). The milk growing out of the bottles as the film shows...oh heck it was grand...never likely to be seen for the current generations(s) due to GW...something I hold as a memory...☃️

Posted
24 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Oh heck, it makes meander back in the tales of the winter of '47 from my mum when she lived in Yorkshire. Then I had the joy to experience '63 as a child, amazing time for the young of the day..scraping ice off the inside of the single pane windows, out with the metal tubing sled my parents bought me(which I still own...just in case). The milk growing out of the bottles as the film shows...oh heck it was grand...never likely to be seen for the current generations(s) due to GW...something I hold as a memory...☃️

It was my Mum that mentioned it to me. We're also from Yorkshire.

She was 20 in '63 and can't really remember it. Christ knows what she was up to, but it was the sixties, I guess.

Edited by jtay

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A cloudy morning followed by a mostly sunny afternoon. Reached 11.3°C, currently 7.8°C

Posted

OK just to ensure we get one post today! Overnight low of 5.8°C at: 00:00, peaking at 10.3°C at: 12:59...just scraping the double digits..a clear sunny day as it leads in to tomorrow's wet day.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Wall to wall sunshine with a clear sky to view Jupiter and Saturn tonight, the sun was the tonic I needed.

• Like 1

Posted

Sunny for most of the day after a cloudy start. Reached 9.4°C, currently 3.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Raining. Mist in the Camerton valley and far hills.

9.0c Humidity 96% Rh

Posted

Down to 1.1°C at 02:11, has been rising since to the 10.3°C we are on right now. Damp and wet with a fresh breeze.

Posted

A classic wet December day, rain and oodles of drizzle, and another quick increase of rain before it edges eastwards...leaving us with 8.4m, looking in to what looks like a fairly damp week..OH the joys of December in a warming climate...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Shock horror some interesting weather! Torrential summer-style downpour has just moved through. Classic sheet style rain at times.

Posted

Wet this morning and later in the afternoon with a drier spell in between. Reached 11.8°C, currently 11.5°C

Posted

Torrential rain here at the moment.

Posted

Morning all, a brief respite from the rain this morning after rain and showers overnight, a heavy band of rain went through at about 3am, waking me up... the overnight low was 9.1°C

Currently 9.5°C

Posted

Miserable grey weekend, a little breezy at times with a spell of 14-18mph Sunday and some 18-23mph gusts.
9.8mm rain on Friday, zero on Saturday, 5.2mm Sunday

Pleasant morning so far after some rain between 3am and 5am of 4mm.
Was 12.7c at 2:30am, with a low of 10.3c at 4:30am.

Now 11.6c, SW 4-8mph, 999.5 hPa

Posted

More torrential rain. 10.2°C

Posted

Quite a wet day here with frequent showers. Reached 11.8°C, currently 10.1°C