Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Christmas and New Year

Posted
3 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Yep sorry,i did download the latest but it came up with that,strange

here it is from the 24th.

20201226202831-df6c9caaef763d5ecd0d9f30dd0dd52cf43c0d69.thumb.png.e043db8b368a9871e289fa52fbc7e333.png

Some extreme reversals on there getting towards - 30m/s 

Also the mean seems to be dropping below the - 5 mark. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

I’d actually be quite surprised if it went that far north east come the time of it but you never know

Yeah I've changed my mind now lol, these things are tricky

I will refrain from posting these in here again as I feel it isn't suited well to "model output".

20201226_211226.jpg

Edited by Kasim Awan
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Latest ICON's take on the snow 08:00 Monday morning

i will update further in a bit.

iconeu_uk1-42-37-0.thumb.png.3dec629e6aec042ab0bd9131843c7209.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Kasim Awan said:

Confidence is vv high now yes I think somewhere in the midlands will get over 10cm

My locale in South Yorkshire also in the firing line now! Unbelievable we had nothing forecast yesterday at all it was all too far south!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

In motion,it looks like pivoting into the midlands,i will have more when the run finishes.

anim_bis3.thumb.gif.40e42d7b3afbeabf3277b4a52feb5196.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Scrap what i said above!!it gives 15cms

Sounds more like it!!

tbh I’d be happy with an inch,

let’s just hope the models firm up on the cold coming during the week and brings us all some decent surprises 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

In terms of south of M4 > Elevation & intensity the key.

For me if the PPN is heavy enough you could drive at the base of the downs in sleet & 2c & have snow & 0c up at west Kingsdown -

Sleety mess for most in the south east. Downs might get a covering

1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

In terms of south of M4 > Elevation & intensity the key.

For me if the PPN is heavy enough you could drive at the base of the downs in sleet & 2c & have snow & 0c up at west Kingsdown -

Agree North of M4 will be all snow if this occurs at the time it is currently modelled. Confidence now >60% too so warnings should be issued soon. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Kasim Awan said:

Agree North of M4 will be all snow if this occurs at the time it is currently modelled. Confidence now >60% too so warnings should be issued soon. 

Whats your opinions of South Yorkshire?

3 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

Here is the icon snow depth...

9ABDA6AA-98A5-46DA-8861-BB89EDE5E8D2.jpeg

I'll admit the ICON is a dream come true with regards to snow potential up here in South Yorks. NMM has something similar but ARPEGE takes the system much further south, so I agree with other posters that this'll likely be a nowcast scenario.

6 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

My locale in South Yorkshire also in the firing line now! Unbelievable we had nothing forecast yesterday at all it was all too far south!

It was always within scope as ecm hinted a more northerly track earlier. Wherever this pivots is getting their snow weight in a 1:10 ratio. Pennines 1:12 so you can see why I'm thinking highly for Peaks atm.

I feel slight southwards corrections are possible only 50-70miles. Again v slim chance this corrects south 

Posted

It was always within scope as ecm hinted a more northerly track earlier. Wherever this pivots is getting their snow weight in a 1:10 ratio. Pennines 1:12 so you can see why I'm thinking highly for Peaks atm.

I feel slight southwards corrections are possible only 50-70miles. Again v slim chance this corrects south 

Lets see where gfs goes!!doubt it will look like the icon but lets see!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

I do think there will be movements of about 50-100 miles yet east or west and where it pivots could well be in for quite a bit, just my view , it won’t be nailed completely even this time tomorrow so expect the unexpected 

Posted

Not fully sure of the amount for me based on altitude of 70 metres east of the pennines  but we will see! Trending right for me at this second but still time for change

Posted
Just now, Mr Brown said:

I’m guessing London will miss out on this one...

I would say you are guessing right. But you never know, its a very fluid situation. 

London tends to fare better with winds in the easterly quadrant, so perhaps one or two surprises a bit further down the line.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
15 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Latest ICON's take on the snow 08:00 Monday morning

i will update further in a bit.

iconeu_uk1-42-37-0.thumb.png.3dec629e6aec042ab0bd9131843c7209.png

I agree this is going to move about all over the place and will still be doing so at T+6. I notice it's put down an early marker with a solitary blob of rain encircled by snow:

ICON.png.b4c875843ef8f1e16c5b1505d3d78eb8.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

For snow potential, the ICON-EU is similar in some ways but not others to the 12z EURO4:

DEE5E8E8-799F-4067-9D97-3750003297D4.thumb.png.646000d0c8a45e432f677922ce77d249.png1723A0F4-4FD0-4CCE-BD69-088FE921EB56.thumb.png.178a94489a848dbfc66ca3c4ce04d2cc.png

ICON is much further to the S and E.  Probably be able to get a better handle on this tomorrow, when we should have all the short range models within range.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

It would be nice to have some QPF forecasts for the Uk...  & some basic SLRs 

• Like 2