Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

3.8c with a DP of -2.2. Temp could do with a degree lower or two and I'm game!

Posted
27 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Is this area developing a secondary low?

Untitled.thumb.png.2bb47569f7f412d059ef68c61e4a9053.png

the PPN seems to be tracking further ENE!

the main low is over N Ireland at the minute.

WWW.XCWEATHER.CO.UK

It is, all the heavy stuff over mid Wales is going to Cheshire. Leaving just the dregs on the southern edge here which of course is rain. Wind here is SW when it ought to be W backing NW according to the forecasts. The low seems to be diving due south down the Irish sea instead of SE over the Midlands like it was meant to (check out the animation on xc weather). 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
5 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

It is, all the heavy stuff over mid Wales is going to Cheshire. Leaving just the dregs on the southern edge here which of course is rain. Wind here is SW when it ought to be W backing NW according to the forecasts. The low seems to be diving due south down the Irish sea instead of SE over the Midlands like it was meant to (check out the animation on xc weather). 

I know where the low is and i have checked on the XC site,my point is that the PPN i mentioned has a rotating feature on it and could be a secondary feature.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

I know where the low is and i have checked on the XC site,my point is that the PPN i mentioned has a rotating feature on it and could be a secondary feature.

That'll push the heavy/wintry stuff even further north then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
7 hours ago, Kasim Awan said:

Yeah I recon so above 150m inland

You nailed it pretty well mate a few days bk. Pivot is right on the West mids. Did way better than I expected here as I look at the heavy snow still falling.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

BEAUTIFUL!!!❄️☃️⛄

133900144_446435676731959_7984084624854623998_n.jpg

133950687_3797107296979352_6845308314477119632_n.jpg

134012698_183149933506590_4908500212274182052_n.jpg

133738139_254006956120727_2537277221066745857_n.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Definitely something up with the NW radar this morning. Check what the feed does over southern UK at 7:55am.

AD6263CF-E5D3-4AE9-8BD2-50715D7544C2.png

2BDD7177-BBD9-4D22-91CF-A922E5F60D5E.png

6E1CB92F-640D-47F2-91DA-9B892FE0CEBB.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
1 minute ago, The Enforcer said:

Definitely something up with the NW radar this morning. Check what the feed does over southern UK at 7:55am.

Could do this that 40 miles east !lol

54 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

You nailed it pretty well mate a few days bk. Pivot is right on the West mids. Did way better than I expected here as I look at the heavy snow still falling.

Glad to see!. I will do a run down for tonight at 12 ish. Highest probability northern england pennines slight risk it will take a more southerly trajectory through the central Midlands.

Edited by Kasim Awan
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
4 minutes ago, The Enforcer said:

Again, in a more localised view it just looks weird. And on top of that this precipitation should be immediately to my north, but it actually looks darker to the south. Bone dry too, so nothing has passed through here.

D89DFE63-70DA-48E4-B7A8-337A085786A0.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
20 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

Glad to see!. I will do a run down for tonight at 12 ish. Highest probability northern england pennines slight risk it will take a more southerly trajectory through the central Midlands.

I hope those who were unlucky get some tonight or tomorrow. After 6 hours of snow pretty happy now lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!

Starting to get a nice dusting here in West Oxon. Right under the pivot so might get another hour or two out of it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

Had a two part frost last night, it got lovely and cold early evening going down to -2C with hard frost.

Then around 11pm some showers came up from the Channel but fell as sleet and clearing the frost.

Then woke up this morning with the frost back. 

Currently 0C here with some cloud. I feel it's too warm today for anyone on lower ground (especially in the South) wanting snow. There will be opportunities later this week but any events will be marginal.

Take care all

Edited by Bradley in Kent
More text
  • Like 2

Posted
7 hours ago, Summer of 95 said:

That snapshot chart shows just how difficult it is to predict weather in the UK. All forecasts were showing frontal feature taking a more traditional NW to SE path yesterday, but things didn't pan out. The sudden shallow low feature over Irish Sea was not predicted, and it's track, odd. Look how the front broke up and decided to clear away as it hit the Cumbrian coast leaving us dry. Nice to see many southern parts of NW region, N Wales and NW/W Midlands seeing some decent snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Hope everyone is well

New Year's Eve will most likely bring Snow as Colald Air also comes in from Scandanavia dipping on the Verge of going below the minuses here. 

gfseu-0-90.png