Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
3 hours ago, mike57 said:

Yes first frozen car windscreen of the winter. Mrs Mike57 went out at about 6.15, and put wipers on to wipe the screen (it was dark), one wiper left frozen to screen, while arm continued to 'wipe'

Car said -2c whilst I was defrosting at 7am, took a good 5 mins! Lots of mist hanging along the hills first thing which was pretty from afar, however, driving inland the fog was very thick from Octon to Driff. 
Could contain: Sky, Nature, Outdoors, Horizon, Sunset, Sunrise, Scenery, Sunlight      Could contain: Sky, Nature, Outdoors, Horizon, Scenery, Sunset, Grass, Sunrise, Sunlight, Landscape

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

First frost of the Autumn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Cr@ppy evening out, steady rain, breezy and cold, yuk, mad thread starting to look lively this evening 🤔

Posted

Not too bad today after the overnight rain and a dull start. Winds light, N force 3, temps 9c, sun came out while riding at lunchtime and lights winds are always a bonus.

Vertical development with the winds off the North Sea, not enough for showers however

Could contain: Sky, Nature, Outdoors, Horizon, Cumulus, Cloud, Weather, Field, Grass, Grassland

Edited by mike57
spelling
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Seen the gritter pass through the village this evening 😬😬….really??? Not forecast to be that low tonight 🤔

• Like 1

Posted

Noticed that on way back from Hunby @8pm, car was reading 3°c 🤔

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Noticed that on way back from Hunby @8pm, car was reading 3°c 🤔

@8pm…..take away????

Forecast is low of 4c but “feeling” 1c……hmmmm. Clear skies…let’s see.

Bro good company tonight! Thanks 🎶👍🏼@Wold Topper

Edited by RebsAbbo

Posted

After a cold start and a dark wet morning my bike ride was postponed to 1pm today, as I could see the back edge of the rain on the radar at my normal set off time of 12

Ride started gloomy and damp, but not actually raining, by 1/2 way point there was 'just enough blue sky to make a Dutch boys trousers' (An expression my grandparents used to use, no idea where it came from), by the time I got back the sun was out and it had cleared nicely. Winds light again force 3, and veered from SE to SW while I was out.

Ground now wet, after a dry spell since the spring and the summer drought now starting to see standing water in the fields, currently only the really low spots but the first time for at least 12 months.

Could contain: Land, Outdoors, Nature, Reed, Plant, Ground, Field, Grassland, Grass

Edited by mike57
Image insert into posted end badly...
  • Like 4

Posted

Hopefully back to post more been offline for a while apart from the odd glance now and then. I’ve just had some exciting news and had two little girl twins so it’s been all nappy changes for me. Let’s hope winter 2022/2023 is one to remember. Hope everyone is well 🙂 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Congrats @Love Snow!  Twins will certainly keep you busy!  My ‘kids’ are now 29 and 26, both have their own homes, yet both still seem to gravitate back on a regular basis! 😄

I’ve also been away for a while with a youngster of my own, a Border Terrier puppy.  Having had kids, I’m beginning to think that was the easier option! 😬

Anyway, one thing I have achieved this year is to get my own weather station setup in the garden, so winter watching will be models and stats from that this year for me!  I’m uploading the data to Wunderground, Met Office, Weathercloud and Ecowitt websites so if anyone wants to have a gander at stats for Barnsley you can find them under station DB-Barnsley.

Signs are looking positive for a good start to winter judging by the views of many of the seasoned posters, so lets hope we get a good one for cold and snow!

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Wood

• Like 5

Posted

Possible squall line heading this way looking at the radar,

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

Possible squall line heading this way looking at the radar,

Yes quite a downpour for 10 mins or so, but looked to be even more active to the south.

• Like 1

Posted

Been over to the far side of Yorkshire today (Skipton) & expected heavy rain & potential gale force winds….no such thing, bit of rain this afternoon but cleared nicely. No wind to speak of 🤷🏼‍♀️

Before…
Could contain: Pasture, Outdoors, Nature, Countryside, Field, Grassland, Grass, Scenery, Sky, Meadow

and after rain…

Could contain: Grassland, Nature, Outdoors, Field, Grass, Sky, Pasture, Countryside, Horizon, Scenery

• Like 1

Posted

Raining again 🙄, radar looks quite lively this evening, not quite sure why we still have a hosepipe ban in East Yorkshire? 

Posted
1 hour ago, Wold Topper said:

Raining again 🙄, radar looks quite lively this evening, not quite sure why we still have a hosepipe ban in East Yorkshire? 

Yep, still sheeting it down out there. Considering the wind too the rain does however seem to be very slow moving, set in for the night it seems 🌙🌧

Posted
6 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Yep, still sheeting it down out there. Considering the wind too the rain does however seem to be very slow moving, set in for the night it seems 🌙🌧

Indeed it does 🤓

• Like 1

Posted

A dark grey day with the mist and fog persisting all day around here. Office light on all day.

Lunchtime bike ride produced greyness and fog. 6C. Winds Force 1 SW, could only tell direction from our chimney smoke. Not the worst ride ever, that accolade is reserved for the 'Satans breath' SW near gale days during the summer, but not much to see.

• Like 1

Posted

Fog barely cleared all day….a very drab day.

Meanwhile, this day last year we had snow ❄️ 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Was the same in Barnsley last year on 28th Nov.  Forecast had been for a cold bright sunny day, yet we got 3 inches of snow!

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Weather, Blizzard, Snow, Storm, Plant

• Like 4

Posted

Good morning and I hope we all have a decent snowy winter! Started bright and sunny over here but fog has moved in now. Temp stuck at 0C, can't see more than 3C today or even 2C if fog persists. 

Posted

Lunchtime produced 7C, and force 1 SW winds. Fog had lifted overnight, and there were some bright intervals while I was out, but it looks very grey again now.

It would be nice for winter to produce cold frosty days, and some but not too much snow, the reality probably is the mild SW murk and gales that characterised the last winter.

• Like 1

Posted

Tis colder out today, but we’re relatively mild on the Wolds with a lunchtime high of 6c & it’s dry so doesn’t really feel too bad unless you’re standing outside pumping up tyres with cold hands 😝

image.png

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, RebsAbbo said:

Tis colder out today

Yes 5-6C today, and light winds again. force 1-2 SW and grey, but visibility was quite good. In terms of bike ride not too bad for the last day of November. Stove is now in full winter mode, keeping in all day and making up at bed time.

• Like 2

Posted

Today was a rerun of yesterday, a little brightness and hazy sun at the end of my ride but otherwise very grey. Still, not raining, not windy and not too hot so cannot complain.

• Like 1