Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Been snowing steadily here for a couple of hours. Covering most things apart from paths and roads. 

• Like 1

Posted

I was surprised to see a covering on the grass/roofs in Leeds center. But like everyone else is reporting nothing on the roads/paths. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

ICON 18z at 120 about a 50 mile shift south 0z isotherm .. Keeping a close eye on  a possible round 2 come Monday.. Mogreps shows a couple of ensembles  dropping the low south too .. early days. 

Posted
Just now, Cheese Rice said:

I was surprised to see a covering on the grass/roofs in Leeds center. But like everyone else is reporting nothing on the roads/paths. 

I see a freeze overnight. Precip fizzling out now , if skies clear then very icy in the morning 

• Like 1

Posted

My 4 year old son has been asking me all week. Looks like I've got it right this time 🤣

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
1 hour ago, bryan629 said:

Will never forget that day.. had a superb dumping of snow in a very strong easterly wind.. HP over Scandinavia and a low bumping into it led to a stalling front that pivoted and was totally epic,, i was living in Leeds at the time and drove up the M62 onto Pennines ,,was like Siberia up there and there drifts were really deep. 

We had 10 - 15ft snow drifts from every gateway and break in the walls from the fields onto the roads. We had farmers with mini diggers clearing it all out, council nowhere to be seen. Family up from down south couldn’t go home for two days. Was definitely the worst I have seen. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Anyone in here under the band running from north of the Humber directly east to west?  Looks like it could be providing a proper dumping, and has only really built in the last 15 mins.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

A lot of talk about snow at the moment but not much about the potential low temperatures across the snow fields on Saturday morning as skies clear and winds fall light.

Widespread minus double digits possible across Dales/Pennines/Peaks, possibly lower in the frost hollows.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Person, Atlas, Diagram

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Lovely snow here just doesn’t want to stick to the roads and paths yet at a good altitude aswell ! 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Anyone in here under the band running from north of the Humber directly east to west.  Looks like it could be providing a proper dumping.

Ha ha you beat me to it. I think/hope I am in the firing line. Starting to come down heavier and flakes are bigger. I love those Humber streamers that come out of absolutely nowhere. 

Edited by blizzard81
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Anyone in here under the band running from north of the Humber directly east to west.  Looks like it could be providing a proper dumping.

WOW.. that just popped up in half an hour  amazing !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Thunderstorms, Snow

Hello, long time lurker here. I Have been overlooking this forum for over a year now and with this upcoming snow event I couldn't handle the excitement and just had to join😁 Hoping this snow finally delivers something here, I don't think we have seen snow around here since late 2021!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......
6 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Anyone in here under the band running from north of the Humber directly east to west?  Looks like it could be providing a proper dumping, and has only really built in the last 15 mins.

Ah, that came out of nowhere. Just looked outside and snowing and sticking from near the end of that streamer. Not much on roads and pavements but seems to have started to. Walking around earlier notable that cars, grass and roofs were white and icy but not roads/pavements.

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, vizzy2004 said:

18z GFS gives the region another spell of snow early Sunday morning.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Atlas, Rainforest, Person

We’ll be in Hutton Le Hole by then, so looks perfect timing. That is of course if the roads are half decent to get out of Barnsley on Friday!  Looks like I could be relying on the AWD to get off local roads if current predictions for snow depths prove correct! 😁

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, DevinW said:

Hello, long time lurker here. I Have been overlooking this forum for over a year now and with this upcoming snow event I couldn't handle the excitement and just had to join😁 Hoping this snow finally delivers something here, I don't think we have seen snow around here since late 2021!

Hi Devin, happy to see you and hope you like what you read.. Middleton is quite high up and usually does well when it snows compared to lower parts of leeds. hope you have a sledge ready for Miggy hill 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, DevinW said:

Welcome to the friendliest regional thread! 👍

• Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, DevinW said:

Welcome aboard the snow train 🚂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Thunderstorms, Snow
Just now, bryan629 said:

Hi Devin, happy to see you and hope you like what you read.. Middleton is quite high up and usually does well when it snows compared to lower parts of leeds. hope you have a sledge ready for Miggy hill 🙂

Yes, Middleton usually goes under the radar for snow depth, I remember having around 22cm in 2021. maybe we could beat that record by tomorrow afternoon? 

• Like 1

Posted

Should provide a good base for tomorrow. 

Could contain: Plant, Tree, Furniture, Nature, Outdoors, Couch, Chair, Fir

• Like 4