Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

According to all 12z models now out, Saturday is a non-event unless you live in the Midlands as the snow starts its retreat back South once it hits Birmingham.

After that, GFS has us in a snow to rain event late Monday, but GFS para and ICON have more of a snow event on Tuesday.

Posted

Looks like the theory for next Monday is coming together nicely for Yorkshire.

Let's see if ECM 12z shows this.

received_169344101306525.thumb.jpeg.43171643645559fc5f88c5e20fb564b2.jpegreceived_853391928563889.thumb.jpeg.06e06317e6845591bee0706b11ba7c65.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
17 minutes ago, Craigers said:

received_169344101306525.thumb.jpeg.43171643645559fc5f88c5e20fb564b2.jpegreceived_853391928563889.thumb.jpeg.06e06317e6845591bee0706b11ba7c65.jpeg

oh school & rush hour time! should be fun!

Posted
35 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Watch it correct south...midlands the sweet spot 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Bum Saturday dead duck, Sunday dead duck and now the tease has gone to Monday. Hopefully Saturdays will push further north.

• Like 1

Posted
42 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

oh school & rush hour time! should be fun!

School and rush hour does that even exist, kids home schooling ☹️ Working from home ☹️

Posted
3 minutes ago, fazzafarrand said:

School and rush hour does that even exist, kids home schooling ☹️ Working from home ☹️

don't think barnsley got the memo! our rate keeps going up, I've seen more people out and about than normal and shop staff I talk too say its like normal day post office is busy everyday   so much traffic about as well here, people are just going to supermarket for a wonder just to get out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.
26 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

don't think barnsley got the memo! our rate keeps going up, I've seen more people out and about than normal and shop staff I talk too say its like normal day post office is busy everyday   so much traffic about as well here, people are just going to supermarket for a wonder just to get out

idiots out there im afraid.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, fazzafarrand said:

Government changed the rules regarding children in school compared to Lockdown 1, whereby only 1 parent has to be a key worker.  The result in that my daughter (a primary school teacher) has a class approx 50% the normal size this lockdown, compared to between 6-8 in a mixed age group in LD1.  That means not only are more teachers needed in school, but more parents are travelling to and from school (and mixing when at school), and the assumption is that those same people are also going in to work rather than working from home (given they aren’t able to have their children at home).  It’s one more contributory factor to the infection rates staying high.

Back to weather.... ECM confirms Sat, Sun and Monday are dead ducks.  Even Tuesday looks like snow to rain! ??‍♂️

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The PIT said:

Bum Saturday dead duck, Sunday dead duck and now the tease has gone to Monday. Hopefully Saturdays will push further north.

Looks like it for Saturday with the corrections south today. Actually hope it verifies that way now as I've already published the weekend forecast stating the risk of significant snow is unlikely and many in Sheffield will stay dry. The Sheffield Star on the other hand have seen the warning and are going for snow, snow and more snow. 

If that system corrects north now I'll be quite annoyed! 

Posted
1 minute ago, SouthYorks said:

Government changed the rules regarding children in school compared to Lockdown 1, whereby only 1 parent has to be a key worker.  The result in that my daughter (a primary school teacher) has a class approx 50% the normal size this lockdown, compared to between 6-8 in a mixed age group in LD1.  That means not only are more teachers needed in school, but more parents are travelling to and from school (and mixing when at school), and the assumption is that those same people are also going in to work rather than working from home (given they aren’t able to have their children at home).  It’s one more contributory factor to the infection rates staying high.

Yes doesn’t help does it

been out on the road for over 20 years and now stuck at home and trying to home school, it’s blooming hard

Posted
2 minutes ago, fazzafarrand said:

Yes doesn’t help does it

been out on the road for over 20 years and now stuck at home and trying to home school, it’s blooming hard

I don’t envy anyone having to home school, particularly for the length of time it’s been going on, and I’m certainly glad I’m not having to do it.  

I guess the key though is no matter how hard we are all finding the various limitations to our current lives, the more we stretch the restrictions to suit our own needs, the longer this is going to be going on for with the inevitable consequence of even greater loss of life!

And back to weather.... although the weekend and early next week are still looking a bit of a miss, cold is certainly building from the East, so lets hope we can see a BTFE 2021 with associated quantities of snow for all our region!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
1 hour ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Most work places are still in full production, I'm working inside a busy factory with about a hundred others, all other units close by are working as normal.

We're told that work continues to help keep the economy going.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

we better get some snow soon, just put winter tires on the car. cost me a fortune!! 

• Like 2

Posted

Not to be taken as gospel at the moment, but I’m loving the ICON 6z this morning for our region.  This run is showing about 18 hours of continuous snow starting early afternoon Tuesday until Wednesday morning, and with some very heavy spells!

901E464D-A88B-494F-B935-DB01F35270F7.png

• Like 6

Posted
3 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Not to be taken as gospel at the moment, but I’m loving the ICON 6z this morning for our region.  This run is showing about 18 hours of continuous snow starting early afternoon Tuesday until Wednesday morning, and with some very heavy spells!

This is the theory me and Steve Murr have talked about few days ago! Cold air upgrading on every run! This band can't trend too much south now!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

We are getting into that nervous time frame now, Let’s hope the models continue churning out these fantastic charts for Coldies! Hopefully come Monday morning this is still the case then we can really start thinking about a definite cold spell then it will be all about how cold and for how long. In the mean time Tuesday looks very interesting too and as I’m writing this we now have weather warnings for the whole of our region away from coastal areas on Monday through to Wednesday so let’s hope this continues to upgrade so we don’t have another rain/sleety bust.. Very interesting and exciting times model watching ahead and let’s pray we actually get this cold spell in this time because let’s face it, it’s been knocking on the door all winter. ??????

Edited by Yorkshirepudding
Typo
  • Like 5

Posted
15 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

11 minutes ago, Craigers said:

ICON 6Z massive upgrade alert for Tuesday!!

overview_20210129_06_105.thumb.jpg.bc9e1eeb2b328f635636a90b92efd8c9.jpgoverview_20210129_06_111.thumb.jpg.ad89fbfab84f00239f2da3be321997e6.jpgoverview_20210129_06_114.thumb.jpg.cfc7f11184cc41dddd98309b06f97b6e.jpgoverview_20210129_06_120.thumb.jpg.ad6484e6775845c2a46073e159acd3e4.jpg

looks amazing for alot of our region! fingers crossed it dosen't get wattered down more upgrades would be great! and the met actually might issue a warning at the right time

• Like 2

Posted

Met Office Weather Warning now issued for snow for Monday through to Wednesday!  They must be fairly certain to issue so far in advance.  Personally I think Monday is a bit early for us, but who knows!

466762AB-D4A9-4D2E-95C2-B434961640C0.png

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, SouthYorks said:

Met Office Weather Warning now issued for snow for Monday through to Wednesday!  They must be fairly certain to issue so far in advance.  Personally I think Monday is a bit early for us, but who knows!

466762AB-D4A9-4D2E-95C2-B434961640C0.png

oh that is quick! would it warrant an amber from what the charts or showing

Posted
3 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Thought you'd almost jinxed it then

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

I think Meto would only go to Amber at a much closer timeframe, probably Monday, and only IF the models continue to show similar rates of snow and for such a long period.

And just to temper expectation at this range, GFS Op is terrible with a complete rainfest for the same period!

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Like 3