Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Showers looking a little more clumpy . Clump Clump Clump yes I am mid 30’s with 3 children

0577A8BF-3011-4587-BEB4-70462A1FF14F.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

Scene now in darlo. This shower has saved the cold spell lol. That's how bad its been. 

• Like 1

Posted

High cloud nearly all gone in the North Sea now. No excuses now easterly get bloody going 

4AFA4A6A-410F-49E7-812C-31390D433562.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heat, storms

Just checked radar. Could it? The last blob literally disintegrated before it got to land.

Screenshot_20210209-074527.thumb.png.d2a81166a5a6980826b2fa60004faede.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
1 minute ago, Phil Blake said:

Just checked radar. Could it? The last blob literally disintegrated before it got to land.

Screenshot_20210209-074527.thumb.png.d2a81166a5a6980826b2fa60004faede.png

Been watching that one.  Your lines looking good

Posted
53 minutes ago, P-M said:

Another rubbish night. The reason people are disappointed is the way it was suggested this was a true beast from the east.  I will never again fall for the hysterical forecasts in the MOD thread. I'll stick to the metoffice forecasts and that's about it. 

Lockdown, covid, the rubbish year we've all had, and this was something to look forward to. A few measly showers kicking  about in the North Sea but not even worth talking about. 

People can say tomorrow may deliver goods but a few hours of snow that will melt by the weekend (if it even snows) isn't a beast from the east. Its been the biggest let down in recent years this cold spell. 

100% agreed. hysterical is the right word for it. From now on everyone who in the MOD uses the word "BOOM" or "historic" or "pasting" or "buried" or some crap like that goes directly into my ignore list. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold or extreme heat!

Yep, same as seabreeze. A small, but slight covering this morning in Redcar but oh how dark it's looking to the east with just a cold gentle wind. Any showers should be a bit more prolonged

Posted
Just now, Fairweather Teessider said:

Yep, same as seabreeze. A small, but slight covering this morning in Redcar but oh how dark it's looking to the east with just a cold gentle wind. Any showers should be a bit more prolonged

Yeah things looking better today already let’s forget yesterday and go again. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
2 minutes ago, mathematician said:

100% agreed. hysterical is the right word for it. From now on everyone who in the MOD uses the word "BOOM" or "historic" or "pasting" or "buried" or some crap like that goes directly into my ignore list. 

This could and should have been better based on the synoptics.  Not sure what happened....

Posted

Definitely alot less wind and clouds moving slower. Just need to get the activity going 

Posted
1 minute ago, Freezing-Point said:

This could and should have been better based on the synoptics.  Not sure what happened....

The high cloud has killed look what’s happening 100 miles north where they had a clear sea track , hopefully we will see much more organised bands of showers today now that cloud is starting to disappear 

Posted
4 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

The high cloud has killed look what’s happening 100 miles north where they had a clear sea track , hopefully we will see much more organised bands of showers today now that cloud is starting to disappear 

Been talking about that cloud since the low moved away on Sunday. Been nowt but a pain 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow, beast from the east

Morning All

An ok covering here in Whitley Bay, not brilliant but better than what we have had in recent years or the attempts around and after xmas when it was just too marginal.

Not jumping to join Nicks club yet though the badge was tempting but this has been no BFTE, see what next 24-36 hours brings but i for one wont be getting taken in again by the main model ( i mean southern) thread.

I will look for as a min -15 uppers with a long fetch from Eastern Europe / Russia or from a huge scandi / artic high. This has been nothing like 2018 and one of the things i remember with that was the wind as bedroom faces east and the sheer noise of it was amazing , hard to explain

Like i say enjoy what we get over next 24-36 hours but its not been what i hoped for

Posted

The last blob disintegrated when it hit the purple line of doom. Let's see what this one does. Still on my trajectory

Screenshot_20210209-081107.thumb.png.5ad5a68c92f4fd248026777129a18bc5.png

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Snowmaggedon said:

Is it just me or does this not even feel particularly cold? 

It's Baltic oot there today I think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold or extreme heat!

Think it's just you mate. We still don't have toilets invented in Redcar and have to pee outside and my wonky has gone from 2cm to 0.5cm, and that's not even the snow!....

• Like 2

Posted

This is an upgrade for me from the met, showers might turn lighter on Wednesday . Now snow showers added fro Friday 

Wednesday:

Snow showers continuing through Wednesday might turn lighter and less frequent later, with some bright or sunny spells. Northeasterly winds will be less strong than of late. Feeling very cold. Maximum temperature 1 °C.

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:

Drier and brighter during Thursday with light winds, Strong southeasterly winds developing for Friday and Saturday with a chance of snow showers - mainly near coasts. Staying very cold.

Posted
1 minute ago, Fairweather Teessider said:

Think it's just you mate. We still don't have toilets invented in Redcar and have to pee outside and my wonky has gone from 2cm to 0.5cm, and that's not even the snow!....

Haha!!! Well I went for a walk yesterday wasn’t particularly cold could have been because I was wrapped from head to toe or because of the sun! Let’s see what today brings I’m counting on you Redcar lot!

Posted
2 minutes ago, MonkeyMag said:

This is an upgrade for me from the met, showers might turn lighter on Wednesday . Now snow showers added fro Friday 

Wednesday:

Snow showers continuing through Wednesday might turn lighter and less frequent later, with some bright or sunny spells. Northeasterly winds will be less strong than of late. Feeling very cold. Maximum temperature 1 °C.

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:

Drier and brighter during Thursday with light winds, Strong southeasterly winds developing for Friday and Saturday with a chance of snow showers - mainly near coasts. Staying very cold.

Southeasterly normally favours eastern Scotland but we will see. I'm trying to remain positive

Posted

Cluster of showers forming potentially with CLS to Newcastle areas name on. Although not looking as intense as north and south of us

Screenshot_20210209-081508.png

Posted
1 minute ago, Phil Blake said:

Southeasterly normally favours eastern Scotland but we will see. I'm trying to remain positive

Sorry Phil i did not mean upgrade for our area, just generally that the snow might keep going as was originally forecast to tail off midweek 

• Like 1