Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mr McP said:

Look North forecast said snow flurries for Sunday. Hoping for something a bit heavier than that!

I think it’s going to be a nowcast situation MO are going for big totals quite widely the regional TV forecasts have probably not picked the showers up yet. 

Edited by Snowmaggedon

Posted
3 minutes ago, NickR said:

I am getting a BIT concerned that so many forecasts are not predicting anything much for here. In 2018 and previous great years, I don't recall forecasts consistently and this close to the event forecasting so little.

MO forecast isn’t predicting little though not sure what forecast your looking at. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery
10 minutes ago, NickR said:

I am getting a BIT concerned that so many forecasts are not predicting anything much for here. In 2018 and previous great years, I don't recall forecasts consistently and this close to the event forecasting so little.

What forecast do you mean Nick . They all seem to be improving every day especially now the hi resolution models are in range 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, seabreeze86 said:

What forecast do you mean Nick . They all seem to be improving every day especially now the hi resolution models are in range 

Which forecast is best to be looking at, if not fully understanding the radars?
Met office had 3 days of snow for where I am, now changed to sleet. Accuweather still showing snow but has decreased since yesterday. Not sure if looking at the wrong ones, or we are going to see sleet again! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow, beast from the east

If we get sleet at coast again with this then I give up and have to accept that GW is having an effect 

Posted

It's not going to sleet (except for a time tomorrow evening). The Meto app, and most/all other apps, are useless.

Sunday is currently looking like the quietest day for convection, especially during the morning and early afternoon. Monday looks very active.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery
8 minutes ago, Vee89 said:

Which forecast is best to be looking at, if not fully understanding the radars?
Met office had 3 days of snow for where I am, now changed to sleet. Accuweather still showing snow but has decreased since yesterday. Not sure if looking at the wrong ones, or we are going to see sleet again! 

There is zero chance of sleet Sunday to Thursday it’s not even close to being marginal. Anything that comes from the sky will be snow don’t worry about that 

06B74BC7-5359-4F6B-BF75-729A8D2BA773.png

42CDEB61-2BF5-4064-813E-D8A41DCC2667.png

565BEF8A-A06B-42F2-B8F9-ABCB1B6706A2.png

67FE7E96-18CD-4B66-8175-9C548EBB6989.png

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

There is zero chance of sleet Sunday to Thursday it’s not even close to being marginal. Anything that comes from the sky will be snow don’t worry about that 

06B74BC7-5359-4F6B-BF75-729A8D2BA773.png

42CDEB61-2BF5-4064-813E-D8A41DCC2667.png

565BEF8A-A06B-42F2-B8F9-ABCB1B6706A2.png

67FE7E96-18CD-4B66-8175-9C548EBB6989.png

That’s the sort of forecast I should be looking at, thanks! 

• Thanks 1

Posted

Just wait til the north sea fires up,  if it comes to live and starts making showers then normally they are pretty decent sized.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Smoggieontour said:

It's not going to sleet (except for a time tomorrow evening). The Meto app, and most/all other apps, are useless.

Sunday is currently looking like the quietest day for convection, especially during the morning and early afternoon. Monday looks very active.

Looks like I took the best day of work then! What’s it looking like for the rest of the week seen someone post their projections for next week predicting a big snow event around Thursday/Friday including the NE?

Posted
Just now, Snowmaggedon said:

Looks like I took the best day of work then! What’s it looking like for the rest of the week seen someone post their projections for next week predicting a big snow event around Thursday/Friday including the NE?

Monday and Tuesday look good I reckon! There will be showers around Sunday and Wednesday too but less frequent/lighter.

I'm not convinced about the snowy breakdown at the end of the week tbh, I think it'll struggle to make much progress eastwards, but temps will slowly rise over the weekend.

• Like 1

Posted

Monday and Tuesday promise heavy snowy showers thanks to convective activity off the N Sea. Sunday will deliver showers as well, but perhaps less widespread and heavy.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, damianslaw said:

Monday and Tuesday promise heavy snowy showers thanks to convective activity off the N Sea. Sunday will deliver showers as well, but perhaps less widespread and heavy.

So we'll have to sit by and watch while the SE and EA get clobbered. :/

Posted

The SE could get a few flakes and the whole area would grind to a halt.  95% of them claim the M25 is the North!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold or extreme heat!

For those of you outside of Teesside, our local hurrendous paper, The Gazette has us down for hardly any snow!!

Then again, I believe about 0.5% of anything that's printed in that waste of time paper

Posted
Just now, Chris. said:

The SE could get a few flakes and the whole area would grind to a halt.  95% of them claim the M25 is the North!

The exact reason they have got an amber warning because they just don't normally get it.

Posted
1 minute ago, Fairweather Teessider said:

For those of you outside of Teesside, our local hurrendous paper, The Gazette has us down for hardly any snow!!

Then again, I believe about 0.5% of anything that's printed in that waste of time paper

Yep I seem that, giving hourly forecasts and forecasting rain and sleet.

What a load of rubbish !!

You do know the gazette is now part of Reach newspaper group, guess where their HQ is, yep you guessed it, London.

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, NickR said:

So we'll have to sit by and watch while the SE and EA get clobbered.

Cheer up bud, we're about to get a solid week of heavy snow showers!

Met office have us down for snow all day sunday. Don't be so negative lolScreenshot_20210205-203132.thumb.png.5e2d888dab33f81d9e189afb944476d4.png

Edited by Durham snowman

Posted
19 minutes ago, NickR said:

So we'll have to sit by and watch while the SE and EA get clobbered.

You’re so concerned about the SE and EA you’re going to miss everything that happens outside your house. Relax 

• Like 4

Posted

Just looking in the Scottish thread and there's reports of snow as far South as the Scottish borders, to low levels. 

Cold air sinking quicker than expected by the looks of it, got a feeling a few of you in the North East are going to wake up to some decent snow cover tomorrow

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Frosty the Snowman said:

Just looking in the Scottish thread and there's reports of snow as far South as the Scottish borders, to low levels. 

Cold air sinking quicker than expected by the looks of it, got a feeling a few of you in the North East are going to wake up to some decent snow cover tomorrow

Crikey that would be an unexpected surprise. I'm thinking snow here from mid day onwards.

Posted

Just about every cloud on the met office weather site has snow for Crook right up until Thursday!

Posted
23 minutes ago, Frosty the Snowman said:

I drove to beadnell today from Whitley bay, was about 4 deg here and 2.5 there and was turning to sleet just shows how close the colder air has been 

Posted

Supports the snow here over the borders currently if radar is correct 

3F722E7A-54F2-43CF-A452-74EEF0D85E84.jpeg