Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

The lawn in my back garden is literally like a guagmire...when is this grim weather going to stop? It seems like mild winters - deluge, colder winters - deluge.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
1 minute ago, Froze were the Days said:

The lawn in my back garden is literally like a guagmire...when is this grim weather going to stop? It seems like mild winters - deluge, cold winters - deluge.

My garden is unfortunately patioed, about 70% flooded right now!
What a waste, this is not the format I want my water from the sky to be in. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

The rain hasn't stopped since yesterday, was thinking looking at the radar we would be the very end of the rain but nope, we're still in the tight grip of the rain band which is barely moving. Funny how 2 days ago I didn't go out because the weather went back to dull and boring after that amazing frost day and now it seems nature wants me to stay in for longer 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Coming up to an inch or so in the next hour.

21.31 mm

AC08CC4F-10FB-450D-BE4D-9AA8C94637C4.thumb.jpeg.7a01d637b772bc60a7aa88f3bb26f74b.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

We have some sleet here in MK41.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

What's Saturday looking like? more chance of rain 2.0 (cold)?...as if we really need all this on top of Covid at the moment, it just makes this part of the year even more depressing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

^ Saturday looks like a snow to rain event, unfortunately the front looks like pushing quickly through the U.K. as opposed to stalling, which was an option proposed yesterday.
The rain here is turning to sleet now, can see the greens and pinks of the radar getting closer.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

^ Saturday looks like a snow to rain event, unfortunately the front looks like pushing quickly through the U.K. as opposed to stalling, which was an option proposed yesterday.
The rain here is turning to sleet now, can see the greens and pinks of the radar getting closer.

Hey hope ur well, Where abouts are u, I'm near the city hospital and still rain here, fingers crossed it turns soon, radar looks like it's getting closer

Posted
9 minutes ago, Zak M said:

We have some sleet here in MK41.

Still just plain old rain in this part of MK41, I suspect you might be further up into the clouds than me to the north of Bedford park. Good signs this early in the day though!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Just stepped out of the office and has certainly turned very cold here in MK. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
12 minutes ago, snowking said:

Still just plain old rain in this part of MK41, I suspect you might be further up into the clouds than me to the north of Bedford park. Good signs this early in the day though!

yep still rain here

Edited by Dami

Posted

Today's warning has been extended south into the Midlands but doesn't include any of our region.

Saturday's warning still unchanged.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
4 minutes ago, hurricane-anna said:

Hey hope ur well, Where abouts are u, I'm near the city hospital and still rain here, fingers crossed it turns soon, radar looks like it's getting closer

Just the other side of Peterborough, which seems counter intuitive given the snow line is moving south. The intensity looks good still so if it turns to snow in the next hour then hopefully we can see at least a dusting at low levels.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Just the other side of Peterborough, which seems counter intuitive given the snow line is moving south. The intensity looks good still so if it turns to snow in the next hour then hopefully we can see at least a dusting at low levels.

Heres hoping, looks like were in a potentially good area, well 1 eye on the radar the other out on the sky I guess Haha good luck

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

What a horrible day. It looks like we have a few more hours of this to endure and tonight we could have a lot of fog about with all this dampness. Earlier this morning I walked over my lawn to the top of my garden to feed the birds and it was the squelchiest (if there is such a word) I can ever recall and we have lived here since 1972.

Yesterday we felt quite festive in spite of the dull drizzly weather as we had two Christmas cards arrive. one of which had been posted by a friend who lives in South Woodham Ferrers on 3 December.  Apparently there are at least 100 postal workers in the Chelmsford area either with Covid or self-isolating.

In addition my wife went to our local Aldi and as she went towards the checkout to pay for her purchases she noted that their were plum (with pink gin) Christmas puddings in a dump on special offer of 9p.

We  enjoyed it as our sweet yesterday evening. Perhaps we should have also got the Christmas Crackers we had not used out of the loft and gone the whole hog.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 4

Posted

Colder air edging in from the east? Sleet (yes, I know it’s sleet...but maybe it’s a step in the right direction?) edging in towards Kent, Essex and EA?

9B6DC71B-5E5A-462E-8847-B8C87236010B.jpeg

A51126F8-979A-43A2-ABF9-218E0CFC68BD.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, General Cluster said:

I never paid him too much attention, anyway... And, after all, he has only himself to blame?

Agreed, and his outrageous and vicious personal attacks on Tamara were something once witnessed never forgotten, not sure why he survived those TBH, let alone the rest of it.  Over-emotional it might be, but it's outright abusive in my book.

Absolutely chucking it down here, send a boat please for the dog walk!

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow events, cold zonality. Heat and humidity.

4.7 / 4.5 down from 5.6/5.4 at 8am.

For low level Kent to get something semi decent out of this we need to draw in a continental ESE'ly undercut, rather than a boundary level warming ENE'ly off that pesky soupy North Sea.

An interesting day ahead. 

Edited by Kent Clipper