Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Been dry and mostly sunny all day here. 8.1°C.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

This winter is reminding a bit of winter 2016/17 alternating between mild/average- chilly/ faux cold weather with no ‘real’ cold away from Day 10 charts - it’s better than mild mush and weeks of Atlantic weather like 13/14 & 15/16 winters but nothing to get excited about either last winter although no big freeze had lots more wintry interest.

Yet to see a decent few days of frost this winter so far, bulbs are coming up and even saw a bee buzzing around  in the garden this morning! Here’s hoping for a February freeze up for a proper taste of winter even if it’s just for a week or so  

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Models all over the place lately so for the time being I'll use this

fa9f00070fe9060c3f25e4e6c603c63e.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

A similar day to yesterday.. showery and chilly. However, much less of a cold wind so it felt more temperate. The birds were in full song though oddly or so it seemed making it feel more like end of Feb than early - mid Jan. The week ahead looks fairly Clement for January some rain or showers at times also some dry often overcast conditions but hopefully some clearer air as well to provide sunshine and frost at night. Nothing very interesting but I guess good as it will be very little inconvenience. After Storm Arwen I'd say first half of winter 21-22 best described as very benign... very much akin to winter 16-17 which was a snooze fest.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc

Cooler today, 6-7ºC, on/off rain interjected with some nice clear skies & sunshine too...

Looks like temps will be dropping towards the end of the week though... 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
3 minutes ago, Dan B said:

Cooler today, 6-7ºC, on/off rain interjected with some nice clear skies & sunshine too...

Looks like temps will be dropping towards the end of the week though... 

Looking seasonal - frost and fog likely . If we can't get anymore snow then that is next best thing for me better than those ridiculous mild temps the other week.

• Like 4

Posted

Just a quick heads up. Early next week we'll be moving this thread over to our new regional groups system. Over there, there'll be more space to grow, options for multiple threads, a gallery, member map etc. 

The Scottish thread was our guinea pig, moving over a while back, so you can get a feel for how it will look here:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
7 hours ago, Kasim Awan said:

No sign of winter here anymore - the snow drift we had has completely melted away. Not weather related this but a quick vid from me at the cat and fiddle on Friday. Wonder if anyone recognises the piece.

First I was afraid, I was petrified, when I was on the A515 in a slide. I should have chose a different route and took my walking boots but I survived but I survived....

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
28 minutes ago, Ramp said:

Tea 

F88DDFEE-118E-45FD-BE9C-C35A6F70992D.jpeg

Tea……..isn’t it great being in the north, non of this dinner or supper stuff

anyway it looks good but are you sure you don’t need some more gravy

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
2 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Tea……..isn’t it great being in the north, non of this dinner or supper stuff

anyway it looks good but are you sure you don’t need some more gravy

There was more if I needed

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
17 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

20220109_193238.jpg

Not bad, and Tchaikovsky Piano concerto in a pub is a new one on me!!!

• Like 7

Posted

Excellent, I like a bit of art. I appreciate what others can do where I cant.

Did visit the National Art Gallery at Trafalgar Square a few years ago. Some magnificent paintings there.

• Like 4

Posted

From what Chris F was suggesting on the Country File forecast for the week ahead, we shall be having more conversation about tea / supper and Van Gogh exhibitions than about the weather!

PS as an ex-southern softie, I'm a supper person rather than tea and put the milk in my cup of tea before adding boiling water. 

• Like 6

Posted
9 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

From what Chris F was suggesting on the Country File forecast for the week ahead, we shall be having more conversation about tea / supper and Van Gogh exhibitions than about the weather!

PS as an ex-southern softie, I'm a supper person rather than tea and put the milk in my cup of tea before adding boiling water. 

I tried the 'Southern' way and found it to restrict the brewing process. Mine is boiling water onto teabag for 3 minutes. Squeeze teabag on inside of cup as its time to remove. Put milk in and relax.

PS Just looked at the forecast for SK13 and its about as non descript this week as ive seen in ages. Drizzle, cloudy chilly.... cant wait.

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 7

Posted
7 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

I tried the 'Southern' way and found it to restrict the brewing process. Mine is boiling water onto teabag for 3 minutes. Squeeze teabag on inside of cup as its time to remove. Put milk in and relax.

PS Just looked at the forecast for SK13 and its about as non descript this week as ive seen in ages. Drizzle, cloudy chilly.... cant wait.

I busy extra strong tea bags pour boiling water, stir, leave for few minutes always get a strong cuppa… milk after water and no sugar… 

getting used to nondescript weather… Christmas week weather was pretty dire… as were the weeks beforehand 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Oh no, there should be a law against making a brew this way.

• Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Conversations about art, cups of tea... oh dear the weather mustn't be up to much at present... 

The MOD thread keeps saying there's something brewing, I think its the art of making a cuppa until the weather has made its mind up.

Night All.

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

It might not be a mega exciting week coming up weather wise, but at least some sunshine is likely at times from tomorrow onwards and things becoming slowly colder with chance of overnight frost. Much better outlook than the constant slate grey skies we endured during December with temps stuck at 5/6C round the clock and the ridiculously balmy temperatures between Christmas and New Year.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 7