Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted

...but with only 19% humidity, I'll turn into a shrivelled up prune if this moisture less weather continues.  It's very dry and a dab of E45 on the hands is a daily requirement.  Humidity levels set to rise to a little closer to normality as we go into next week. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Absolutely gorgeous day and it’s looking like rinse and repeat again tomorrow.

other than the frosty nights it’s turning into another great April weather wise and something to lift the spirits with all of the other depressing stuff going on and after a long and difficult winter lockdown.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Reservoir levels look ok despite a lot of dry weather recently. In fact they were a bit lower this time last year so nothing to worry about at this stage of the year. 

WWW.UNITEDUTILITIES.COM

Details about the levels of water in our main reservoirs - updated weekly

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Yet another fine sunny day we've had today after a cold start. Had to clear ice of the car first thing as it was yet another frosty start. Day after day of fantastic weather at the moment. It truly has been a great spell of weather for getting out and about, which is just as well given the restrictions.

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, Dexter said:

Yet another fine sunny day we've had today after a cold start. Had to clear ice of the car first thing as it was yet another frosty start. Day after day of fantastic weather at the moment. It truly has been a great spell of weather for getting out and about, which is just as well given the restrictions.

Almost a carbon copy of last year, the fine settled weather setting in towards latter part of March and held by and large well into June. Of course though a much cooler version, but with the indoor restrictions it has been a major blessing. How long it lasts, possibly 17 May then! How much more depressing it would be if we were seeing damp dull weather and rain, but April is not renowned for such conditions.

• Like 6

Posted

Yet more idiots setting fire again to the hills above tintwhistle above where I was walking lunchtime... must be fourth or fifth time this month...utter utter idiots ?‍♂️

BBCC1A60-FE94-4DEC-AD91-FE0288BA5973.jpeg

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Another glorious start to the day. Not as cold as previous mornings. Looks like temperatures getting into the high teens today so with the strong sunshine it will feel rather warm this afternoon.

• Like 6

Posted
12 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Yet more idiots setting fire again to the hills above tintwhistle above where I was walking lunchtime... must be fourth or fifth time this month...utter utter idiots ?‍♂️

Had a walk around Tittersworth reservoir near Leek on Saturday, not been for a couple of years, I noticed that the family barbecue area has been turned into picnic only.  I hope these incidents will be few and far between this year.  

• Like 4

Posted

19c in shade 26c in sunshine... moules mariniere (got mussels this morning from fish van in Glossop outdoor market) on the patio and lemon ice cream bombs (made them a few weeks ago when it was snowing made with carved out large lemons and lemon juice added to marscapone and mashed and frozen then stuffed back in lemons) like I used to have growing up in mallorca

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 8

Posted

I tend to keep tabs on indoor temps as well as outdoor and it looks like this month won't even beat March. Got up to 22C upstairs when we had that brief burst of warmth right at the end of the month. It's not often April is colder in that respect. The cold nights this month have really dragged the temp down inside so it takes a while to rise.

• Like 4

Posted

17.6'c this afternoon in Buxton although the temp dropped a little as the high cloud began to move in around 2pm, great visibility despite the heat-haze during my hike around the Goyt.

DSC_0128.thumb.JPG.3fa3089c50bf554696c1e01dd55fb08f.JPGDSC_0114.thumb.JPG.b7ae693d07795c1b73a44daa5696645f.JPG

DSC_0051.JPGDSC_0096.JPG

Edited by SNOW_JOKE
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
23 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

We desperately need rain. 4th or 5th? Time in the same spot and is definitely arson.

I’m currently on fire watch looking at Tintwistle low moor right now!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
Just now, James M said:

We desperately need rain. 4th or 5th? Time in the same spot and is definitely arson.

We also had one on the dove stones side. Sadly went into the woods, but colleagues did a good job of hotspotting when the fire crews left 

C57EC266-432D-415B-B794-21FF6122C211.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, James M said:

According to glossop chronicle its fourth time in three weeks... last nights was a disposable bbq ?‍♂️ also had 13/14 yr old girls throwing ducklings at each other in manor park.... despicable horrible peeps about at the moment

apparently someone on Glossop Facebook also caught teenagers setting fire to woodland yesterday... might have budding arsonists about scary

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 3

Posted
57 minutes ago, James M said:

We also had one on the dove stones side. Sadly went into the woods, but colleagues did a good job of hotspotting when the fire crews left 

C57EC266-432D-415B-B794-21FF6122C211.jpeg

Really need rain even if a week of thunderstorms would be appreciated ? ☔️ 

• Like 2

Posted

Yes rain badly needed now. We're not really in a drought but the moors do need moisture. They aren't used to prolonged dry weather. The peat landscape doesn't like it that's why we had those disastrous 2018 fires. Almost torched Carrbrook in Stalybridge did it not? They were really lucky think the fire stopped a few yards from the houses.

I wonder if we're in for a 1995 Summer? Chilly dry spring but scorching dry summer. The only difference between now and back then is people are definitely more selfish and inconsiderate these days. These nasty gits need to give their heads a wobble. I don't remember seeing so much litter like we see now too.

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Yes rain badly needed now. We're not really in a drought but the moors do need moisture. They aren't used to prolonged dry weather. The peat landscape doesn't like it that's why we had those disastrous 2018 fires. Almost torched Carrbrook in Stalybridge did it not? They were really lucky think the fire stopped a few yards from the houses.

I wonder if we're in for a 1995 Summer? Chilly dry spring but scorching dry summer. The only difference between now and back then is people are definitely more selfish and inconsiderate these days. These nasty gits need to give their heads a wobble. I don't remember seeing so much litter like we see now too.

Really hope for lovely summer with lots of warm sun but showers/thunderstorms too.... people are very self absorbed or so it seems atm lots of disposable face masks everywhere.....hoping for a lovely summer for everyone ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
6 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

I”ll take a 1995 summer if it’s on offer, like 1976 a proper summer with heat across the proper summer months of July and August.

• Like 5

Posted

A cloudy start up here but a bit of brightness is starting to poke through the clouds and the forecast is looking good for another sunny afternoon and evening.

sod working in the garden, I think it’s a day for a good lengthy walk and hopefully, if I can book a table followed by a couple of pints at my local.

this is what days off in decent weather are for, not finding work to do.

• Like 4

Posted

Chicken in a garlic and cheese sauce bubbling away for later and a table booked at my local for a couple of hours of real ale supping beforehand.

A pretty decent effort for a day of rest.

• Like 5

Posted
22 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Chicken in a garlic and cheese sauce bubbling away for later and a table booked at my local for a couple of hours of real ale supping beforehand.

Sounds good. I love garlic but the missus hates the smell and won't eat it. Maybe she's a vampire? 

• Like 6

Posted
3 hours ago, iand61 said:

Why does this thread often talks about food?

Have we a load of Mr Creosotes living in the region?

tenor.gif

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 7

Posted
13 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Why does this thread often talks about food?

Have we a load of Mr Creosotes living in the region?

tenor.gif

Usually because the weather is not worth talking about.

anyway after 4 pints of some real ale I’d never heard of but tasted pretty good it got cold and we made the 2 minute on foot journey back home.

Creamy Garlic Chicken was bloody good, even my missus who wakes up wondering what to moan about that day said she enjoyed it all all in all a decent day.

• Like 5

Posted

Back to back superb days in Lakeland, optimal walking days. We are entering best time of year in my opinion, late April to mid June for walking weather at least. Wonderful May just around the corner!

• Like 6

Posted

I've just come off Kinder Scout a hour ago after doing a 14hr guided walk from Black Hill to Hayfield and i've got a feeling something is going to kick-off up on the tops tonight, walked past a few 'townie' looking types heading uphill at around 6pm who were carrying camping equipment along with food that obviously needs to be cooked somehow. 

Other than that it's been a good day out with plenty of sunshine, a bit chilly in the wind though, and a CG S-92 made an appearance whilst on a training run around the Fairbrook Naze side of Kinder.

DSC_0276.thumb.JPG.74454ab2765857e5420383a8535d93ae.JPGDSC_0270.thumb.JPG.6a21e932ea52ae49a4b002b1efa3eeec.JPG

DSC_0284.thumb.JPG.23a04d33dd27f98395527dd01f44dca8.JPGDSC_0357.thumb.JPG.d5fa59e1f18d9af6afab4646a93aa62f.JPG

DSC_0360.thumb.JPG.bd41876120dc92c61e8822e63477266f.JPGDSC_0431.thumb.JPG.d8438a846a504a783ebe059ce7c19eb7.JPG

Edited by SNOW_JOKE
  • Like 4