Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
3 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Whoa who’s going to tell @*Stormforce~beka*she missed them?

Yes I was still in bed then!! Just got up. But been watching it snow since 11am. I'm a happy bunny!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Had about 10 spots of rain in the end.

I hope we don't get anymore northerly weather during winter, it's extremely unexciting down here.

• Like 1

Posted

Not been on here for a while.
But with the mild and pretty dry November, 6.5mm of rain so far this month, not been much to report.

A few cold spells last few days, down to lows of 3c.
5.6c at midnight after a high yesterday of 10.8c midday, low of 3.3c at 8am
1mm of rain so far, light drizzle around 2am and 8am. 
Now 4.8c, dry, cloudy, but signs of it trying to brighten up. 

Wind picked up here around 4am, NNW 14-18mph, plenty of 20-25mph gusts, with a few touching 30mph.
Starting to Die down now, just occasional blustery spells 12-18mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Had about 10 spots of rain in the end.

I hope we don't get anymore northerly weather during winter, it's extremely unexciting down here.

I wouldn't say that Mapantz. 

A few miles north of Blandford about half an hour ago.

• Like 1

Posted
On 27/11/2021 at 11:43, Broadmayne blizzard said:

I wouldn't say that Mapantz. 

A few miles north of Blandford about half an hour ago.

That's there, not here.

I stand by what I previously said.

Posted

A touch draughty last night debris here and there,got to fix a fence later when wind dies a bit more. Nice to see a few snowy scenes all green here. May have seen a flake earlier but could of been rain,it went past that quick.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall
48 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

That's there, not here.

I stand by what I previously said.

Must be the Wareham snow shield Mapantz. The same one that stopped you getting the  notable  snowfalls in December 2010.

Posted
On 27/11/2021 at 12:37, Broadmayne blizzard said:

Must be the Wareham snow shield Mapantz. The same one that stopped you getting the  notable  snowfalls in December 2010.

Dec 2010 is like fight club in this town, you don't talk about it. 

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Yes I was still in bed then!! Just got up. But been watching it snow since 11am. I'm a happy bunny!

Right, that's you sorted for the winter then...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

I just looked at the West Bay and Lyme web cams and was surprised at how calm the sea was in spite of the obvious shaking of the cameras!

0.6mm in the gauge at 09.00, must have been the limited showers we had yesterday as the grass was virtually dry this morning.  A little light mizzly rain earlier, but definitely none of the white stuff here.

Seems that the rail line from Exeter through to Salisbury is closed due to a number of trees and branches on the line at various locations.

Posted
7 hours ago, SteveB said:

Windy old night, but milder than was expecting. Temp never dropped below 5c

I thought that! Never dropped below 2 here. I thought there was meant to be really cold air in but i've seen colder this past week! I did school run in 0c a few mornings!

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Getmydrift said:

Some snow flakes in the wind for all of 2 minutes here in Winchester! ❄️

I'm sure i've asked you this before but where are ya?

Posted
3 hours ago, jethro said:

Morning all, what a blowy night it's been, trees down all over the place here. 

I've moved so am no longer on top of the Mendips, I'm down in the Cheddar valley so not expecting any snow here, however my son's just reported it's chucking it down with snow where I used to live. I'm literally at the foot of the Mendip Escarpment so to add insult to injury, the high Mendips are just at the top of my street, I'll be able to see the snowy hill tops.

Should have thought about that before ya moved LOL!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
4 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Should have thought about that before ya moved LOL!!

Oh we did, we've been planning to move for quite some time and restricted the search to just the Mendip plateau. Property market went absolutely bonkers around here, things selling before they even hit the market with prices rocketing. We'd sold and were in rented watching our money and options diminish by the week, that's just silly so I widened the search area and found a somerset long house in need of tlc, built circa 1650, it was love at first sight. Takes me 15 mins to walk to one of the highest points of the Mendips, may not get much snow here but will never get out the village if it snows, every road is a 1 in 4 climb out. I'll just light one of the inglenooks and curl up in front of that instead. Shockingly stained dark brown beams now all sand blasted....

stripped fire.jpg

hall.jpg

stripped beams.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
On 27/11/2021 at 18:16, jethro said:

Oh we did, we've been planning to move for quite some time and restricted the search to just the Mendip plateau. Property market went absolutely bonkers around here, things selling before they even hit the market with prices rocketing. We'd sold and were in rented watching our money and options diminish by the week, that's just silly so I widened the search area and found a somerset long house in need of tlc, built circa 1650, it was love at first sight. Takes me 15 mins to walk to one of the highest points of the Mendips, may not get much snow here but will never get out the village if it snows, every road is a 1 in 4 climb out. I'll just light one of the inglenooks and curl up in front of that instead. Shockingly stained dark brown beams now all sand blasted....

stripped fire.jpg

hall.jpg

stripped beams.jpg

Looks awesome. Love the fireplace(s).

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, jethro said:

stripped fire.jpg

hall.jpg

stripped beams.jpg

Oooh this is gorgeous!! I can see why now!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, jtay said:

Looks awesome. Love the fireplace(s).

Thank you. We love them too, look so much nicer now the beams have been sand blasted.

Posted
38 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Oooh this is gorgeous!! I can see why now!

It was love at first sight. Needs a lot of work but it'll be worth it. So much history to it, our kitchen is the old cider press room and there's a flight of stone steps outside up to what used to be the apple store. Still lots more to discover.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
41 minutes ago, jethro said:

It was love at first sight. Needs a lot of work but it'll be worth it. So much history to it, our kitchen is the old cider press room and there's a flight of stone steps outside up to what used to be the apple store. Still lots more to discover.

Glad you managed to move eventually Jethro. I’m now in Glastonbury (was Wells) so will have to get really bad if snow were to settle here