Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
15 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Typical isn’t it. Didn’t seem to matter on many past occasions but I’ve really noticed it more recently.

I have noticed that a lot here as well. 
The storms seem to come in at strength ,then weaken off before intensifying again on approach and then just before they reach here ,only to strengthen again quite often over in Wiltshire. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Had d8stant thunder and now very heavy rain here in Taunton no need to water the sweet peas ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Oh Dorset Bred , hope you are on the road to recovery . 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

Oh Dorset Bred , hope you are on the road to recovery . 

What’s happened to D.B? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
24 minutes ago, offerman said:

I have noticed that a lot here as well. 
The storms seem to come in at strength ,then weaken off before intensifying again on approach and then just before they reach here ,only to strengthen again quite often over in Wiltshire. 

Yep. In Warminster we are getting a lot of storms generating over us or near to us. I think partly the higher ground of the plain helps. There is a definite uplift between Frome and here, and high ground to th3 north of Warminster.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

And today’s cricket rained off. That’s 6 out of 17 league fixtures lost to the rain this awful summer. Really has been poor. Just hoping for a decent week from Friday as we are off to Devon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

The road outside my house has turned into a temporary stream.

Very heavy rain and very dark here now.  The sort of conditions that one would expect some thunder & lightning, but alas this Bristol, we don't do normal!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, warmintim said:

Yep. In Warminster we are getting a lot of storms generating over us or near to us. I think partly the higher ground of the plain helps. There is a definite uplift between Frome and here, and high ground to th3 north of Warminster.

Glad you noticed that as well I thought I was going mad at some of the runs.

if you scroll back from the last showers over the last three or four hours it shows exactly that. Dissipation over here re-formation past here. 

Posted
1 hour ago, warmintim said:

Showers formed literally overhead around 17.00 and developed into storms as they crossed the Plain/surrounding areas heading NE during the evening.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Forecast for the morning was heavy rain with thunderstorms for the afternoon.  What did we get?  A bit of nuisance value drizzle around half eight this morning, a nice, sunny and warm afternoon followed by a few brief showers this evening.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Lyn-M said:

Forecast for the morning was heavy rain with thunderstorms for the afternoon.  What did we get?  A bit of nuisance value drizzle around half eight this morning, a nice, sunny and warm afternoon followed by a few brief showers this evening.

Hi Lyn 

Of you look at the storm thread you’ll see Many posters quoting 22 or so storm warnings this summer and yet only two distant storms 

i know exactly how they feel. 

Posted
16 hours ago, offerman said:

What’s happened to D.B? 

I’m around, taking it easy after a 5 hour heart procedure on Wednesday, starting some easy recovery..Meanwhile the weather seems to have missed us down here, little rain, plenty of cloud and high pressure in control for at least another week. Looks like it’ll be time to water the garden.Warm today currently 19.3°C with RH74%. Watching with interest where hurricane Henri goes over the next few days…good to be back..

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
On 22/08/2021 at 11:12, Dorsetbred said:

I’m around, taking it easy after a 5 hour heart procedure on Wednesday, starting some easy recovery..Meanwhile the weather seems to have missed us down here, little rain, plenty of cloud and high pressure in control for at least another week. Looks like it’ll be time to water the garden.Warm today currently 19.3°C with RH74%. Watching with interest where hurricane Henri goes over the next few days…good to be back..

Glad everything went ok!

Get well soon bud.

• Like 2

Posted

Meanwhile Bournemouth beach in August Bank holiday run up, is struggling to meet numbers, so the parking foks will be short of cash from this weekend

image.thumb.png.356df7d532526d5dbde20caeb1a6b7b9.png 

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Glad to see you are on the mend DB. Meanwhile a cracking day here with just some small Cu now, just a tad breezy.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Crikey, glad you’re ok now  good to see you back with us . 

Edited by offerman
Change of wording as too similar to another poster.
  • Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Meanwhile Bournemouth beach in August Bank holiday run up, is struggling to meet numbers, so the parking foks will be short of cash from this weekend

image.thumb.png.356df7d532526d5dbde20caeb1a6b7b9.png 

I’m off to take my boy kayaking for the first time . Leaving very early at 7 to try and find a space on shore road if possible.  

Posted
1 hour ago, offerman said:

I’m off to take my boy kayaking for the first time . Leaving very early at 7 to try and find a space on shore road if possible.  

I would think you'll be good at that time of the day, be careful for the speedy van along Sandbanks Rd always like to take your cash...

• Like 2

Posted

Morning All, partly cloudy as the local taf reports

Scattered clouds at a height of 1600 ft 

Meanwhile overnight low temperature of 11.8°C at: 04:46, has climbed slowly to 13.5°C with RH95%, no breeze at the moment..