Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted

Don't go in the Mad thread if you want to remain calm! I've decided never to set foot in there again and read the thoughts of all the deluded day 10 chasers who get it totally wrong on a daily basis. It's bad for my mental health! Instead wake up every day and stick your head out the window and judge the weather for yourself. Far more accurate!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All, a fairly low cloud base and overcast start to the day, some light drizzle, after an overnight low of 10.9°C at: 00:29, currently 14.1°C with RH84% and an increasing breeze in from the WNW...

image.thumb.png.2c2e62abc21c7ec57667b839b3726606.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Oh look! Nice area of unforecast rain heading SE this morning!!! 

Yes I was surprised to wake up to damp surfaces earlier. Barely anything in the rain gauge mind you.

Posted
4 hours ago, Dan Clow said:

Don't go in the Mad thread if you want to remain calm! I've decided never to set foot in there again and read the thoughts of all the deluded day 10 chasers who get it totally wrong on a daily basis. It's bad for my mental health! Instead wake up every day and stick your head out the window and judge the weather for yourself. Far more accurate!

Ruddy ell! I've got my valium out. Want some?!! Well that's summer over with onto the frosts lol!

• Like 1

Posted

18c. Status all day. Wish it would just F off now. I've more than had enough of this stupid weather. Into the 4th week of summer holidays and not been able to go to the beach once yet. Too damn cold. I don't hold out ay hopes for our holiday in 10 days being any better either.

Posted
3 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

18c. Status all day. Wish it would just F off now. I've more than had enough of this stupid weather. Into the 4th week of summer holidays and not been able to go to the beach once yet. Too damn cold. I don't hold out ay hopes for our holiday in 10 days being any better either.

Where are you going? Just take your chances each day. Check radar, check charts, check apps for places you want to go.

If you get a 3 hour window of 21c and sunny spells then go to the beach! We did that in Swanage on a decent afternoon between a wet morning and a very wet night.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Felt a bit warmer today. In fact despite the weather being nothing special it managed to be the warmest day of the month reaching 22.7°C. Currently 16.6°C

Posted

Morning All, a waarm night again, with the low 14.7°C at: 04:21now risen to 14.8°C, under an overcast sky

Few clouds at a height of 900 ft
Broken clouds at a height of 1100 ft

As the beachcam confirms

image.thumb.png.f7611d631e17256f73b9488f20111ece.png

It's gonna be a long day, up at 6am, off to hospital..will cathch up later ...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Another day. Same old cloudy rubbish. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Morning All, a waarm night again, with the low 14.7°C at: 04:21now risen to 14.8°C, under an overcast sky

Few clouds at a height of 900 ft
Broken clouds at a height of 1100 ft

As the beachcam confirms

image.thumb.png.f7611d631e17256f73b9488f20111ece.png

It's gonna be a long day, up at 6am, off to hospital..will cathch up later ...

Good luck at the hospital! Hope its nothing too serious! I've been to dentist for an emergency appointment at 12:30. woman said my appointment was 12:10. Not sure how I heard 12:10 as 12 thirty on the phone though they aren't even similar times?! Any way she said I can go back at 3:30. So fingers crossed I get sorted this time or i'm down the root canal route. Yuck! Never had one yet and don't want one!

Not gonna bother with a weather report. Same old same old.

• Like 1

Posted

Cooling rapidly this evening, down to 14.4c already under clear sky. Lovely sunshine since about 16.00 but it’s much fresher air now!

Posted

Cleared up nicely shortly after 3pm so have managed a few hours of sunshine, almost what you'd expect in winter.

Perhaps tomorrow will give a better chance at sunshine after the early front clears.

Posted
17 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Good luck at the hospital! Hope its nothing too serious!  Any way she said I can go back at 3:30. So fingers crossed I get sorted this time or i'm down the root canal route. Yuck! Never had one yet and don't want one!

Thanks Beka, just a heart OP! Possibly a little more worrying than root canal, and I've had those, which depending on the dentist, I've not found to be too bad, so don't panic too much on that front. Hope to be released today to go home and begin my recovery..