Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted

Got another storm developing and heading on a closer trajectory to Warminster rather than a few miles South.

Several tinny rumbles oh and as I type a bright flash looking West out of the upstairs window towards Frome.

@offerman  @fromey are you seeing and hearing this?

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A blustery but largely bright afternoon here as per usual in these setups.

Posted
4 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I just nearly killed myself reading the mad thread

Lol not pretty reading is it! Dire! I've now booked a whole month in Tenerife in January "IF" I can get there!

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Dan Clow said:

Lol not pretty reading is it! Dire! I've now booked a whole month in Tenerife in January "IF" I can get there!

That should do it Ted! lol

• Like 1

Posted

A narrow line from Wincanton-Reading had nearly 2 inches of rain in only a few hours this afternoon! Some of the storms had rainfall rates around 150mm per hour for brief periods!

Meanwhile I note Sunday and Monday’s forecasts have taken a turn for the worse! From small shower risks to more widespread and heavier!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
5 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Got another storm developing and heading on a closer trajectory to Warminster rather than a few miles South.

Several tinny rumbles oh and as I type a bright flash looking West out of the upstairs window towards Frome.

@offerman  @fromey are you seeing and hearing this?

Hi Andy,

Apologies for late reply I’ve been quite a busy day. Never too busy to keep an ear out for the weather and boy do we have some rumbles around today. It seemed as if there were four or five thunderstorms that rattled through during the course of the day. And I definitely heard those loud booms that you were speaking of somewhere had an absolute here deafening rumble.

there was an absolute deluge of rain in some of those showers as well the raindrops were absolutely enormous almost it seemed 50p raindrops

completely agree with you about wishing it was nighttime as all I could see was sheet lightning but sure we would’ve seen more had it been night. 

that’s interesting about the upgrades for some showers the latter part of the weekend into early next week…! 

I noticed they’ve been doing that a fair bit the last 3-4days showers and then warnings being upgraded.

wish you and everyone a nice weekend 

maybe another storm or two tomorrow…? 

• Thanks 1

Posted

Morning All, some good cloud activity going on this morning, dark areas to the north of me somewhat lighter over the channel, after yesterdays miss, I wnder If we will get lucky today with some shower/rain activity, radar suggests "yes". An overnight low of 11.9°C at: 04:36, currently 17.4°C with RH76% and a decent breeze in from the SW..all to play for and of course it is the weekend so showers seem more likely on these days!!

image.thumb.png.7369c166667f65c8c7a699ceda28d5a4.png

Bournemouth beach on a saturday in August, not quite what you expect to see.... 

image.thumb.png.083ed2c05e6168347cc8d45c53952faa.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
15 hours ago, Dan Clow said:

Dan, I don't think the problem is getting there, it seems more like "How quick will you be returning?"..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A bright morning has now clouded over considerably with spots of rain.

Posted

1st Week of Setepmber will be down in New Milton for hollibobs. Will be be able to see the Bournemouth air show from the cliff top there?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

5.1 precipitation wih some  lightning.  

Posted

As is classically the case these days, the approaching front fade...as they move eastwards and then fire up again s has happened today looking at the radar

image.thumb.png.187072967dc84477cc113ca20a090dcf.png

From this earlier

image.thumb.png.64b607edeb2ecb429ed22a056fb8c28e.png

Hmm the beach looks a tad bit empty...

image.thumb.png.eab6be4f7a3ed18c64ef63f9603b686a.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
On 07/08/2021 at 13:01, *Stormforce~beka* said:

1st Week of Setepmber will be down in New Milton for hollibobs. Will be be able to see the Bournemouth air show from the cliff top there?

Doubt it. Hengistbury Head will get in the way.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

As is classically the case these days, the approaching front fade...as they move eastwards and then fire up again s has happened today looking at the radar

image.thumb.png.187072967dc84477cc113ca20a090dcf.png

From this earlier

image.thumb.png.64b607edeb2ecb429ed22a056fb8c28e.png

Hmm the beach looks a tad bit empty...

image.thumb.png.eab6be4f7a3ed18c64ef63f9603b686a.png

Thank you for arranging a fine mid-late morning period! Just right for perusing around the Quay! Not so great since then but, hey, not too wet either!

Posted
3 minutes ago, jtay said:

Yeah that's a long way out from the the action, would do best to get to the east cliff or west cliff.Usually quite viewable from those places, I think I get the best view from the top of Richmond Hill!

At least try to get to Southbourne OR Sandbanks, opposite ends of the main action.

If you seriously want to watch the show AND enjoy the evening stuff, you need to get closer that New Milton, of course depends what you are seeking. You could always park at my place and catch the bus in from here should you wish..

• Thanks 1

Posted
On 07/08/2021 at 15:16, Dorsetbred said:

Yeah that's a long way out from the the action, would do best to get to the east cliff or west cliff.Usually quite viewable from those places, I think I get the best view from the top of Richmond Hill!

At least try to get to Southbourne OR Sandbanks, opposite ends of the main action.

If you seriously want to watch the show AND enjoy the evening stuff, you need to get closer that New Milton, of course depends what you are seeking. You could always park at my place and catch the bus in from here should you wish..

Or get the stopper train from New Milton to Pokesdown, but the walk from there to Southbourne might be a bit much for the kids.

Posted
49 minutes ago, jtay said:

Oooh yea your right! I forgot that was there LOL!

Posted
42 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Aaaah thats sweet of you! We will be staying at hoburne naish in new milton. I had forgotten about HH though - Doh! Never been to it before but as we are there at the same time. Been trying to find a time table to see whats on and when but there is nothing anywhere so i've no idea when it starts and ends!

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Aaaah thats sweet of you! We will be staying at hoburne naish in new milton. I had forgotten about HH though - Doh! Never been to it before but as we are there at the same time. Been trying to find a time table to see whats on and when but there is nothing anywhere so i've no idea when it starts and ends!

Beka, start here...

Typhoon-Hero-.jpg
BOURNEMOUTHAIR.CO.UK

Welcome to the UK's biggest air festival, it's an unmissable weekend of wonder: in the air, on land and at sea.

Generally the events start around 1pm ...ish and end around 5pm and then sometimes there's the evening session which begins around 6ish until duskish..

Apologies for the "ish's" but it varies by the day, the last day is always a short day and finishes around 4ish (!)..

Of course if Mother nature joins in, the you're b.....d as the flying is cancelled.

HTH

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Well it did rain....just, but norra lot I have to say..1mm was the most ift felt it could give. Sprinkler is now on, thanks you mother nature!

Posted
6 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Beka, start here...

Typhoon-Hero-.jpg
BOURNEMOUTHAIR.CO.UK

Welcome to the UK's biggest air festival, it's an unmissable weekend of wonder: in the air, on land and at sea.

Generally the events start around 1pm ...ish and end around 5pm and then sometimes there's the evening session which begins around 6ish until duskish..

Apologies for the "ish's" but it varies by the day, the last day is always a short day and finishes around 4ish (!)..

Of course if Mother nature joins in, the you're b.....d as the flying is cancelled.

HTH

Thank you sweet pea! Yea it'll be a washout every day known my luck lol!!