Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
58 minutes ago, Dan Clow said:

Well this sucks! Still cloudy skies here! Where's the sunshine?

Down Knocker's way by the look of it..

image.thumb.png.a8e51cfa3c75f1c332d143c50af283c7.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

@stormforce-beka have you got you beachgear together yet? It seems looking at the beach today, a tent is THE piece of beachgear needed on Bmth beach. I suppose it'll keep both the sun & the rain off, so it's a win-win..

image.thumb.png.da1652f3a57bd7134dcb422e6c2a7dcf.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

@stormforce-beka have you got you beachgear together yet? It seems looking at the beach today, a tent is THE piece of beachgear needed on Bmth beach. I suppose it'll keep both the sun & the rain off, so it's a win-win..

Watched a couple trying to put up one of them at Branksome on that breezy bright Friday morning 10 days ago. Funniest 15 minutes of our holiday!

• Like 2

Posted
8 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

LOL! Yes we have one on top of the wardrobe. Will take it. Haven't started packing yet. Better get a move on got 3 cases plus houseware stuff to pack. CBA to pack LOL!

Posted

Morning All. a sunny start this morning after a single digit low overnight of 9.1°C at: 04:34 currently 11.6°C with RH94% and a light breeze in from the ENE..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Cloudy again this morning but at least with holes in it. Let’s see if we can break it up before 4.30pm today...

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Fluffy clouds. Nagging wind. Feels brrrr in the shade. Deffo Autumn feel for me

But I bet your washing dried quickly! Dry in less than 90 minutes here (out at 11, tidied away about 12.30!) .

Posted
2 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

But I bet your washing dried quickly! Dry in less than 90 minutes here (out at 11, tidied away about 12.30!) .

Only put out an hour ago lol

Posted
5 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Fluffy clouds. Nagging wind. Feels brrrr in the shade. Deffo Autumn feel for me

23.1°C at: 15:53 nice and WARM...........a touch of eaterly breeze just taking the edge of it, but it does still warm out there..(first time I've been out today)..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
On 22/08/2021 at 20:02, Dorsetbred said:

I would think you'll be good at that time of the day, be careful for the speedy van along Sandbanks Rd always like to take your cash...

Thanks Dorsetbread. 

weather was thick grey clouds pretty much all day. As I one off for my boy paid the £17 for 8 hrs but gave me 12 so we stayed the duration and at around 5.30 the sun came out. 

we normally park further away and park for free ( if we get there early enough as sometimes it’s tricky) . We didn’t want to park too far away as I needed the car to blow up the kayak so many different chambers seats to blow up hence why I did one off Payment 

had lovely day in Poole harbour we were very sheltered and so the water was calm and bit of a breeze but around near the jazz café on the main beachfront it was blowing a gale

that did about later on so that was quite nice overall was a really good day. The easterly wind didn’t reach Poole  Harbour 

• Like 1

Posted

Such a stunning sunset I had to share!

Thinking about coming out of summer hibernation. Summer has been a bit disappointing overall this year. Sun and heat has been lacking and only a few distant rumbles of thunder but made the most of the better days. Hopefully still a few decent days/weeks before we get into autumn/winter mode

20210824_195021.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Nice summers day today which has been a rarity this summer. Still a bit of a breeze here but felt nice and warm in the sun. Reached 23.2°C, currently 17.1°C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
2 hours ago, bellanite said:

Such a stunning sunset I had to share!

Thinking about coming out of summer hibernation. Summer has been a bit disappointing overall this year. Sun and heat has been lacking and only a few distant rumbles of thunder but made the most of the better days. Hopefully still a few decent days/weeks before we get into autumn/winter mode

20210824_195021.jpg

Spectacular photo.

i saw something similar but much less of a scale than what you took. I’m up in bishop stoford.

0F66EED0-9233-43BD-BF5D-7CB686258A7A.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Thankfully it turned into a beautiful day - managed to spend most of the afternoon in the garden topping up the summer colour, without any gadgets overheating!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Struggling to pass a 19c here so far. That wind is sooo brrrr!!! Can't believe we have to suffer with this damn wind yet again like earlier in the year!

Posted

A fine day some patchy cloud (3400ft) blotting out the sun every now and again, but feeling warm with the current high of 22.9°C at: 14:01, RH54%, light wind (3.5mph) in from the ENE

image.thumb.png.989988e0a1fae0119c9994aeb1a0c0bc.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

A fine day some patchy cloud (3400ft) blotting out the sun every now and again, but feeling warm with the current high of 22.9°C at: 14:01, RH54%, light wind (3.5mph) in from the ENE

image.thumb.png.989988e0a1fae0119c9994aeb1a0c0bc.png

Oh I hope it stays like that for next week when we are there! Just no wind pleeeeeeeease!

Posted
4 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Oh I hope it stays like that for next week when we are there! Just no wind pleeeeeeeease!

Hmm, well looking at the GFS 10day it suggests we will still have a NE airflow, but that's usually moderated by the time it gets here..

image.thumb.png.306be93ea4b094edd343456d00fc0f8f.png

However it "usually" manages some precip over the period, and look 

ECMWF HRES for Thursday (Showers)

image.thumb.png.3cc8d868af3c7d8eeb58bdadc2c4a3c9.png

GFS for Sat (Bigger blobs!)

image.thumb.png.ccd30db53bbc0727c9710983ce939787.png

Maybe the tent will be used.....(Remember it's just for fun....!)

Edited by Dorsetbred