Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Well thats the mad house set into full swing... its all gung-ho and away we go tonight. Boom charts and winters on its way.. 14 days in the new house and still not even close to putting the heating on... still sat at 21c.. im sure that will change at some point.. now Bring me my snaw....😂😂

• Like 9

Posted
6 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

Well thats the mad house set into full swing... its all gung-ho and away we go tonight. Boom charts and winters on its way.. 14 days in the new house and still not even close to putting the heating on... still sat at 21c.. im sure that will change at some point.. now Bring me my snaw....😂😂

It's the same every year in there 😆. Will it be cigars and champagne or roll ups and tins. 

Temperature has dropped below 10c this morning, feeling much fresher in the strong winds 👍 

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, Sceptical said:

It's the same every year in there 😆. Will it be cigars and champagne or roll ups and tins. 

Temperature has dropped below 10c this morning, feeling much fresher in the strong winds 👍 

It's defo gonna end with roll ups and red bull...😂😂 you can just see the prams and toys flying about.. and im going for the first winters over post to be made before winter actually starts...😂😂

• Like 6

Posted

Didn't take long did it....😂😂😂 06z has moved toward the UKMO...😂😂 and the UKMO is now apparently the most unreliable model ever..

• Like 7

Posted

Horrible day bar a brief dry and bright interlude at lunchtime.

Some pretty torrential rain at times and plenty of surface flooding.  Still mild, currently 9.7c with light to fresh southerly winds.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

mair snaw has moved to Perth and we are still on the same thread from last year.......... WTAF

see you all next winter 🙃

Edited by edo
  • Like 8

Posted

Freshly  ploughed  ground with a dry dusty surface. However rain approaching from  west which  arrived late afternoon Currently  clear and 7c   Could contain: Land, Outdoors, Nature, Soil, Ground, Field, Grassland¹

• Like 8

Posted

As Quinach said earlier, a bloody awful day with near constant rain, at times near torrential with a gusty wind.

The shortlived lunchtime sunny spell lasted just long enough for me to walk half an hour away from the house with the dogs before the rain set in again and thoroughly soaked me on the trudge home! 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Rain spread in around 10AM and quickly became heavy and persistent. Eventually died out this evening with some clear skies appearing. Max of 11C but felt colder in the strong SE wind and heavy rain.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

A dreich day. 'Only' 26.5mm of rain in the end and a max of 10.1°C.

Meanwhile, the latest Met Office long range forecast is well worth a read. It's a-coming from the end of the month. Probably.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/long-range-forecast

• Like 6

Posted

4c start  to the day . Mostly sunny all day with no wind   Back down to 6c  currently and clear

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Surprisingly chilly today. High was 8.1c, low 2.5c. 
Getting chilly again with clear skies.

Some lovely rain forecast over the next 48 hours. Already had 120mm for the month (86% of average - 139.6mm) so we’re gonna smash 200 again no doubt. Flooding likely.

Climbing munros again Friday, I will be finding my first snow of the year so will probably slog up Ben Nevis in the pouring rain in order to achieve that goal. 
Shame i’m not able to climb sat/sun as weather looks nice and chilly. Highs of -4c for Cairngorm by Sunday which is much better

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Hi guys, back in Scotland for a short break but city based this time. 6c this evening in Edinburgh and persistent rain, but at least not the wind I was expecting. Looks pretty dreek tomorrow too so hopefully spend the day in Scottish People archive library 😜😜

Edited by RebsAbbo
  • Like 7

Posted

Some really quite torrential pulses pushing in now - just had to turn the subtitles on as I couldn't hear the tv over the deafening roar of the rain on the Velux windows! 

• Like 8

Posted

A drier interlude during daylight hours with even a bit of sunshine..

Could contain: Sky, Nature, Outdoors, Cloud, Grass, Grassland, Field, Cumulus, Landscape, Pasture

Cooler day than of late with a max of 8c; currently not far off that at 7.4c.

Wind picking up noticeably this evening with some showers of rain.

As for the next couple of days, utterly grim forecast and dire timing as those are the days the kids are off school thanks to in-service training.

Kids like the EIS though, another holiday in their view next Thursday.  Ah, brings back memories of school days in the eighties!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

RAIN WARNING OUTLOOK 

We see on the radar currently the main rain band setting up 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water

This is forecast to really develop into Fife up through Dundee and areas further North along the East Coast by 5am nmmuk-1-10-0.png?16-22

Further heavy rain bands develop through the day and also Friday animiju4.gif

current outlook has rain continuing to fall until around 10/11pm Friday night!

Wording on the MO warning Could contain: Plot, Land, Outdoors, Nature, Vegetation, Rainforest, Sea, Water, Map, Atlas

I agree roughly with those totals but think the focus on the highest mm amounts will be in this estimated area Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Rainforest, Vegetation, Plant, Tree, Outdoors

Bit more detail I've added Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram

I've also marked close to @Halfamilefromnowhere looks like possibility of perhaps 50-60mm should the rain bands persist up there too

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Outdoors, Nature, Map, Sea, Water

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Yes could be soggy here oo if only it was snow coming in from the east. Just a few showery bits overnight, and stars out this morning..

• Like 5

Posted

Lots of surface water on the roads this morning. Winds noticeably stronger in Aberdeen, temperature 9c and rain.

Aberdeenshire looks extremely wet over the next 3-4 days, 48 hours of heavy rain across today and tomorrow. 

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

@Kirkcaldy Weather @Sceptical

As you guys were saying, amber warning now issued. Some biblical rainfall totals

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Just took advantage of a dryer spell (relatively speaking, still raining lightly) to take the dogs out and all the burns coming down off the hill are already in spate. If the forecast comes off they'll definitely be running well by Saturday morning! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Bit of a shocker this morning, temp was 1.2c at 7am! Heating now ON, unless it starts getting milder again! Currently 8.4c, calm and dry, which is very welcome after the rubbish weekend we just had. Dare I go and have a wee keek in the Madhoose? 😈😄

• Like 3

Posted

Just a horrible day.

So far its not been torrential heavy rain as per the forecast, just relentless light rain with pulses of moderate rain to add some spice to things.

All driven in on a strong easterly wind.  Feeling cold, currently 7c.

Plenty of field flooding now and the local burns all look like this, ripe for overflowing in the hours ahead...

Could contain: Land, Outdoors, Nature, Ditch, Reed, Plant, Grass, Water, Vegetation

• Like 4