Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Actually needed gloves on the morning dog walk. Patches of frost and even saw an iced up puddle 😱

Could contain: Canal, Outdoors, Water, Scenery, Nature, Path, Lake, Sky, Land

• Like 9

Posted

There were a few rumbles of thunder in Peterculter on the outskirts of Aberdeen last night about 10.20pm

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Just dull and damp here in Perth.. a touch of frost yesterday morning at -1c... not been in the mad house today but it was a happy place yesterday... are we allowed to mention the world cup in here?? If so Argentina 😂😂😂

• Like 5

Posted

Sunshine and sharp showers the order of the day, cool as well as temperature has only just creeped over 4c.

Light winds.

Really could do with a few days of dry weather, tired of washing the carpet everyday (kids and muddy shoes not a good combination, especially when the former keep forgetting to remove them when coming in the house....)

Could contain: Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Grassland, Field, Cumulus, Grass, Ground, Land

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Showery here too and feeling cool in the North Easterly breeze. Did briefly get up to 6C in one of the brighter bits. Some sharp showers with hail early doors. 4C 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
4 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

not been in the mad house today but it was a happy place yesterday

If the other models are even close to today's 12Z GFS that I've just looked at then the mad house will be dead quiet.... as they'll all have fainted at his ridiculously blocked its looking from about 30th right to the end of the run. 

• Like 5

Posted
13 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

If the other models are even close to today's 12Z GFS that I've just looked at then the mad house will be dead quiet.... as they'll all have fainted at his ridiculously blocked its looking from about 30th right to the end of the run. 

Ive just had a quick scan...my word even i might see some snaw if that lot happens...

• Like 2

Posted

Best day for some time down here, bringing river levels back down again.  Never before cut lawn in Nov, let alone last third of month.  Surely today’s was the last?  Made harder by not seeing cut lines, but first cataract op at Mountainhall tomorrow, so fingers crossed.  Hoping for bright intervals to develop.

• Like 6

Posted

Very interesting charts this morning.. is something brewing for December?? It's looking like it could be about to get interesting, but then again it wouldn't surprise me if it all came crashing down by this time tomorrow..

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Mair Snaw said:

Very interesting charts this morning.. is something brewing for December?? It's looking like it could be about to get interesting, but then again it wouldn't surprise me if it all came crashing down by this time tomorrow..

The lack of booms and stonkers on the mad thread is a concern 🤔 

• Like 3

Posted
21 hours ago, dryfie said:

Best day for some time down here, bringing river levels back down again.  Never before cut lawn in Nov, let alone last third of month.  Surely today’s was the last?  Made harder by not seeing cut lines, but first cataract op at Mountainhall tomorrow, so fingers crossed.  Hoping for bright intervals to develop.

Into hospital 1030 in rain and gloom.  Out 1300 in glorious Dumfries sunshine.  Not just meteorological but also medical.  Amazing difference on this monitor, changing from a dull grey to a nice sharp black, with text clearer and apparently larger.  Thanks to the NHS and nice capable Roumanian doctor.  Multu mesque (?)

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!
6 hours ago, Sceptical said:

The lack of booms and stonkers on the mad thread is a concern 🤔 

Indeed , they always look at charts 10 days and more into the future and take it at gospel , then despair when it doesn't happen 🤔

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Awh lovely HC - stay alive to enjoy her growing up. Stay off the roads! 🥰

• Like 2

Posted

Why is there a warning for wind?

I've experienced more after eating Brussel Sprouts! It's dead calm out.

• Like 2

Posted

@Hairy Celt i bet she sees snaw before you do this winter...😂😂 on a serious note congratulations 👏.

Was a beautiful morning here but the cloud has quickly rolled in and the wind has picked up. 

The mad house is still as mad as ever.. up and down more often than a tarts knickers in there.. the gfs is no good the para is better.. ECM is a thing of beauty but is it just playing us? GEM says yes but the Icon says no.. we're in for a mega freezer in December no wait hang on there's a shortwave near Norway.. the PV is toast what if we get a SSW??.. 😂😂

• Like 5

Posted
4 hours ago, Kayemill said:

Why is there a warning for wind?

I've experienced more after eating Brussel Sprouts! It's dead calm out.

Wondered that myself. Nothing more than a gentle breeze! 

• Like 1