Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Now that’s just silly numbers @Coopsy I would like the cold back but not that cold as I value functioning pipe work etc.. weather watchers are fussy sods 😂  Hope you have a crackin’ festive period over here 🥃 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
45 minutes ago, Northern Strath said:

Hmm, these weather presenters that gleefully celebrate this mild muck at the end of a cold spell, what strange conditions to rejoice in. 

Aye this dripping, hellish mess which manages to combine waterlogged conditions with areas of break-yer-neck slick compacted ice at a temperature which doesn’t make the house any warmer but is warm enough to melt the snow in to a grubby, visually tragic sh*tescape is really filling me with Yuletide cheer. Go fetch some carol singers and we’ll see if they can stand upright long enough to have a sing song

Bring back the cold 😆

Sums it up to a tee 😂

• Like 3

Posted
41 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

Lol this did make me chuckle. Definitely not a fan of mild, windy, soggy weather but can I swap weather for a day just to warm the cockles lol

Could contain: Text, Invoice, Document

Looking like possible cold and snow returning to Scotland soon though so hopefully not too long to endure the current dross.

I’m looking at flying over to Scotland to visit my brother over the festive period - hopefully the white stuff returns ❄️❄️❄️

Some of the best Christmases I’ve had have been in Scotland, not just because of snowy weather but the people too. Love it. 

North Dakota currently looks like a safe bet for an absolutely freeze-yer-testicles-to-a-lamp-post-if-you-can-find-one baltic spell. Survival mode. How do folk deal with it??

• Like 5

Posted
38 minutes ago, Northern Strath said:

Now that’s just silly numbers @Coopsy I would like the cold back but not that cold as I value functioning pipe work etc.. weather watchers are fussy sods 😂  Hope you have a crackin’ festive period over here 🥃 

I agree - it’s like when it’s 40oC in summer. Just unnecessary extremes. Thank you - you too! 🥃 🎄 😁

3 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

North Dakota currently looks like a safe bet for an absolutely freeze-yer-testicles-to-a-lamp-post-if-you-can-find-one baltic spell. Survival mode. How do folk deal with it??

It’s thankfully usually once a year affair in the minus 40’s where most hibernate and wait it out. Mind you I’ve never felt cold indoors during these temps. And the shops (if they don’t have underground parking) have plug ins for the cars so they don’t freeze up. Still - it does hurt the body though. Alcohol always helps 🍻 lol 

• Like 5

Posted

At least it'll be mild! What a horrible excuse of a day outside! Pish in every respect. Wet, windy, dark and the house is as chilly as it has been all week. 

• Like 6

Posted

Bit of a quick shift for the snow in areas exposed to the wind but any sheltered areas are still well covered .Well frozen ground before most of the snowfall will be helping. Breezy and 8c currently. Lots of surface water waiting for ground to thaw.

• Like 6

Posted

While not quite the snowmaggedon of yesterday's runs I'd take it! Will chop and change but at least the overall trend is still there although ECM seems to be a day or 2 later before the cold hits back here 🌨️🎅

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol

• Like 6

Posted
2 hours ago, snowidea said:

Made it home in 11 hours, weather warning for rain in the south west, weather was soggy but not torrential. No weather warnings for the North or Scotland, trip from Lancaster up totally filthy. Windy, wet, pools of water on motorway, people driving like rather silly people 😉, van making an odd noise but we made it home in time to wash the kids uniforms for tomorrow. 

Photo Tebay services. 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Rain, Snow

I get a pang of recognition from that description!  Tebay services is worth a stop though.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

A quite incredible +13 deg/C at around midday, almost t-shirt weather, with clearing skys late in the afternoon.

The current conditions...

Air temp +5.6 deg/C

Ground temp -3.5 deg/C

Cloud temp....clear sky, amazing to think just the other day the same conditions and we had a hard frost.

If anyone's interested...on Sunday I took a few temperature readings of the clouds as the mild air pushed in.

A huge energy displacement when you think about it...amazing stuff the weather.

09:45 -20 deg/C

13:30 -3.7 deg/C  (snow started shortly after)

23:55 +2.3 deg/C

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Very mild again this morning. Current temp 7.6c, a bit on the breezy side too and more than a wee bit damp. Looks like the Deep Freeze scenario for the weekend has dissipated somewhat, which is fine by me as I'll at least be able to walk safely to reach my Xmas dinner destination. I await developments for New Year with interest. Still a long way off and every chance charts will change dramatically. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

God they take it too seriously on the Mod thread , looking a lot milder now on all models , though hopefully marginally cold enough for our Ski resorts to open and stay open , fingers crossed 

• Like 2