Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Now   have had 18 days where you have been able to walk on snow of some kind or other on the farm.Or in the words of an old farming neighbour a traditional December  where the snow comes and goes with some left to meet the new fall

• Like 8

Posted
22 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Now   have had 18 days where you have been able to walk on snow of some kind or other on the farm.Or in the words of an old farming neighbour a traditional December  where the snow comes and goes with some left to meet the new fall

Approximately 2 inches of snow this evening. Mountains over 2000 feet are expected to get 2 to 3 feet of fresh snow this coming week so ski resorts should be happyCould contain: Outdoors, Nature, Furniture, Weather, Handrail, Winter, Snow, Ice

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Snowing here too now from  a 'blob' coming from the NW. Currently 0.2C. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Snow, barely a sprinkling but snow. 

Could contain: Weather, Outdoors, Nature, Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Wheel, Machine, Hail

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms
2 hours ago, Kayemill said:

Went a drive up to the north of Darvel to the south side of Whitelee Forrest. 
Could contain: Dog, Canine, Mammal, Pet, Animal, Terrier, Outdoors

Could contain: Tree, Fir, Plant, Conifer, Scenery, Outdoors, Nature

Could contain: Fir, Tree, Plant, Road, Conifer, Outdoors, Scenery, Nature

Could contain: Wheel, Machine, Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Spoke, Tire, Alloy Wheel, Car Wheel, Hatchback

Car made it up some pretty stupid incline turns with summer Potenza’s on.  Hopefully get back up in the morning and go further up. It started to snow and got dark pretty quick so me, the boy and the dog legged it back down the hill

Nice photos! Loving the car also, I am a total Audi fan now, had my s3 for a year and absolutely love it 👌

Could contain: Bumper, Vehicle, Transportation, Car, Tree, Plant, Alloy Wheel, Wheel, Tire, Spoke

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
2 hours ago, Kayemill said:

Went a drive up to the north of Darvel to the south side of Whitelee Forrest. 
Could contain: Dog, Canine, Mammal, Pet, Animal, Terrier, Outdoors

Could contain: Tree, Fir, Plant, Conifer, Scenery, Outdoors, Nature

Could contain: Fir, Tree, Plant, Road, Conifer, Outdoors, Scenery, Nature

Could contain: Wheel, Machine, Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Spoke, Tire, Alloy Wheel, Car Wheel, Hatchback

Car made it up some pretty stupid incline turns with summer Potenza’s on.  Hopefully get back up in the morning and go further up. It started to snow and got dark pretty quick so me, the boy and the dog legged it back down the hill

Borders are the best dogs and rightly grumpy about hats. Snow a bit heavier here now. 

Could contain: Dog, Canine, Pet, Mammal, Animal

• Like 6

Posted
36 minutes ago, Huntforsnow said:

Nice photos! Loving the car also, I am a total Audi fan now, had my s3 for a year and absolutely love it 👌

Could contain: Bumper, Vehicle, Transportation, Car, Tree, Plant, Alloy Wheel, Wheel, Tire, Spoke

I’m almost certain I’ve seen your car around Ayrshire. Very eye catching love it. 👍 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, snowidea said:

Borders are the best dogs and rightly grumpy about hats. Snow a bit heavier here now. 

Could contain: Dog, Canine, Pet, Mammal, Animal

Borders are the best. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

The last shower fell as wet snow still, now freezing and everything is now glazing nicely. Bodes well for the morning's drive south... although looking at the radar, we could get snow falling here yet.  

• Like 6

Posted

White over after a good 25min heavy shower and 0.5°C, so going to be pretty in the morning. Looks to be more shower activity this evening than expected? 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

A ‘smattering’ of snow here so 3rd of the winter. Some lethal heavy sleet fell for a while earlier on and that has now frozen.

An ice rink is the result, windscreen wipers frozen solid to the car etc. 

• Like 7

Posted

Merry Christmas All!  We had some snow about 7.30pm that covered all surfaces.  We seem to have had more white Boxing Days recently here than Xmas Days.

• Like 5

Posted
4 hours ago, SW Saltire said:

Question - Are there are all season/winter tyres that people on here would recommend? 
Roads today were pretty atrocious apparently, would be a good investment i’m thinking.

Put Pirelli Scorpion Zero all season tyres on the wife’s Volvo in the autumn and they seem very sure footed so far, although not had them in anything extreme yet. 

Best winter tyres I’ve found over the years were Firestone Winterhawks. Currently running a set of Kumho Wintercrafts on my Focus ST which are ok. Actually been on the car all year to be honest.  
Could contain: Spoke, Machine, Alloy Wheel, Wheel, Tire, Car, Car Wheel, Vehicle, Coupe, Windmill

Edited by JamesM
  • Like 6

Posted

-2c start to the day with frontal cloud coming in from the SW. Another snowy morning. I think this must be the snowiest December since 2010 here but only because the rest were so poor. We certainly feel we have had a winter this year.Could contain: Hedge, Fence, Plant, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Scenery, Ice, Snow, TundraCould contain: Tree, Plant, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Weather, Snow, Winter, Fir, BenchCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Shelter, Building, Architecture, Tree, Plant, Weather, Snow

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Snow has turned to rain here sadly with some sleet thrown in to the mix.....but snow still lying after it fell yesterday......big warm up for New Year forecast.....then maybe looking at a stratospheric warming (SSW) during January......though as ever still plenty of time for the computer models to back away from this scenario.....we shall see.....Belated Happy Xmas everyone.....

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Plot, Chart, Hurricane, Storm

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Nature, Outdoors, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Edited by Frozen Britain
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Currently -1C after an overnight low of -2.3C. Last night's 'blob' left a light covering of new snow, just enough to make it look wintry again but no real depth to it. Currently rather grey so just waiting to see what the weather front will bring when it reaches us. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

a hard frost here and now a very light snow shower falling

• Like 5