Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Icy today on Deeside, finding out the hard way when I came crashing down to earth whilst leaving the house this morning. No time to nurse my bruised pride as I was meeting a friend for coffee but I wasn’t the only one to experience a slip and slide by all accounts.

Currently -0.8c, DP -2.0c, not entirely sure what the daytime high was due to issues with my broadband but it felt very raw outdoors with something that felt like freezing rain falling late morning.

Banchory is right on the edge of the weather warning so not holding out much hope of seeing anything from this particular event but will keep my fingers crossed.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@mistyqueen should turn pretty snowy for you too through tomorrow, intense streamer showing  animdbd6.gif

Here I'll probably be recording lower amounts than the majority with only 5-10mm but you don't have to go much further west with 30-40mm the average and I see the Amber warning has been put out for @SW Saltire 🌊

Screenshot-20221230-010256-Chrome.jpg nmm-uk1-25-36-3.png

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
3 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Lovely squall line showing up on the radar... 

Could contain: Plot, Chart

A covering of snow here, not sure quite how much as still too dark to tell. Going to be an interesting drive down the A90, M74, M6 later. 

It is to clear through by the early afternoon but roads are currently pretty horrendous to say the least.

8c here, very windy with horizontal rain.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
20 minutes ago, SW Saltire said:

It is to clear through by the early afternoon but roads are currently pretty horrendous to say the least.

8c here, very windy with horizontal rain.

We're in no hurry so it'll be early afternoon at best before we get south of the central belt, hopefully by then the worst will have passed. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Seems to be dry here now but very windy.wind roaring in the trees behind me. Not desperately cold - no frost.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Rain easing off now after a very wet night. Not particularly windy here but the rain was incessant for hour after hour. Lots of flooding locally on the roads and from small watercourses. The Inverclyde area looks like is caught it pretty bad. 

• Like 9

Posted

SW SEPA rainfall totals 36 hours to 1100

Craigdarroch 77.2mm          Eliock 76.0          Garls Craig 63.8          Meadowfoot 62.6          Brockhoperig 60.6          Muirshield (Ayrs) 60.0          Camphill (Ayrs) 58.2          Corsock & Dalbeattie 53.2          Lochwinnoch (Ayrs) 52.6        

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Well a wet n wild night here in Irvine.... Had to get my hairy ass up at 0800 as our purple bin had spewd various plastic trays tins and continental lager empties all over the street n neighbours gardens..neighbours now know I am an alchy..Bin man said the harbour side was a riot all the bins turned over n looked like Beirut.

• Like 8

Posted

M74 isn't looking great unless you have a boat @Ravelin....photo half way down the page. 

_128156750_bouleroundaboutolkkilpatrick.
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Floods have cause widespread issues in the south of Scotland, with further alerts in the central belt.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

M9 closed at Stirling too, currently sitting in queue of traffic approaching the junction the're diverting off at. Knew it'd be an interesting journey but thought main motorways would be Ok.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Most stations in the yellow rain warning area have recorded around 40-50mm of rain with 80mm near Moffat in the Amber area. Like others, we've had high winds and a lot of heavy rain overnight. I haven't been out today but there is a huge puddle behind the house! I've seen a few problems caused by the rain locally online, mostly under railway bridges where the drains tend to get clogged but other areas too.  We've had worse rain events but after a week of heavy rain it's no surprise there have been problems. 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Snow level here about 1000 feet so tops of Cawdor hills very white. Been mostly dry and windy  in daylight hours but the rain of the last few days has got the woodside drains working again for the first time since June. Currently 5c

• Like 7