Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

A cold morning with the temperature still sitting at 1c at Midday and a marked windchill. A milder afternoon with the temp up to 5c now. No precipitation here, sadly we missed out on @Norrance three snowflakes 😀

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
8 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

Oyne is pretty close to Alford though right?😉😉

Aye close enough. I really don't understand how you can move so often, it's an awful hassle. 🙄

2c currently with a heavy shower of sleet as I got home 15mins ago. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
2 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Aye close enough. I really don't understand how you can move so often, it's an awful hassle. 🙄

2c currently with a heavy shower of sleet as I got home 15mins ago. 

Its not often been through our own choice... landlords can be awful sometimes and we haven't had the best of luck, this time though we have actually met them in person and they are very genuine people so everything crossed that this one will be the last move untill the kids leave.. also firewood situation sorted. The amount of replies i have had stating "not taking on new customers" was madness.

Oh yes this is a weather forum.

Cold, clear and not a flake of snaw to be seen... better luck next month i guess..

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
3 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

Its not often been through our own choice... landlords can be awful sometimes and we haven't had the best of luck, this time though we have actually met them in person and they are very genuine people so everything crossed that this one will be the last move untill the kids leave.. also firewood situation sorted. The amount of replies i have had stating "not taking on new customers" was madness.

Oh yes this is a weather forum.

Cold, clear and not a flake of snaw to be seen... better luck next month i guess..

When we rented, we seemed to move every couple of years. Then I got sick of paying other people so they could own more houses than they need and we bought one ourselves. Haven't moved since. 22 years and counting.

• Like 8

Posted

Drove over to Insch and back to pick up son from boxing training. Heavy wet snow/sleet on the way there, lots of the main roads still had patchy wet snow and slush on them. Back roads in Insch were skating rinks, thick, shiny, wet ice. Insch side of the hill has obviously seen quite a bit more snow recently than the Alford side of the hill. 

• Like 8

Posted

0c start to the day with blue skies. Got vet for  TB testing this afternoon so good no wind or rain/sleet Got some photos this morning which I will put  up this evening.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

oooops not sure how the driver has managed to tip his gritter at Inveralmond roundabout as you leave Perth. 

Could contain: Worker, Person, Road, Tarmac, Light, Hardhat, Helmet, Traffic Light, Car, Wheel

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Quinach said:

Beautiful sunny day with just a few clouds and light winds

But under that beauty lurks a nasty surprise - ice everywhere.

Utterly treacherous road conditions, the all seasons tyres barely functioned driving round this morning and plenty of work coming up for NE garages and Bodyshops  going by Facebook et al.

Main roads had icy patches this morning but side roads were atrocious in the main. Amazing quite how much ice there was when the overnight low was 1C, both around Alford and in Westhill. Lots of pupils, and teachers, late for school this morning due to the conditions. 

High at home was 3.5C around 2pm, but since then its dropped off steadily to - 1.7C currently. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Hopefully not too much damage done to our ski resorts in upcoming mild spell before it becomes a little colder and drier 

• Like 4

Posted
35 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

Winter is over according to the mad thread 😮😫🤣 

Do they not realise February and March can still deliver the goods ❄️ 

Had 5 inches here in April not that many years ago and a daytime high of 0.2c! Plenty of time 😜

Monday's dusting still refusing to melt in the shade and the temp is already about 4c lower than forecast by the Met! Definitely still winter as benign as it's been this week! 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
17 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

It's good for a laugh though. They seem to forget any form of SSW hasn't fully  happened yet so won't be showing in any nwp models yet surely? 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

The mad house is all doom and gloom... "February snaw is no good coz the sun is to strong and the days are to long.." does make me laugh when that line comes out. I got a funny feeling we will see a dramatic change in the output soon enough and there is still a good 10 weeks or more for some of us to get some snaw action. ❄❄❄❄

• Like 8

Posted
1 hour ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

Again? I thought it was over in November, then over in December. I must have been imagining all the snow I've seen fall this winter, that and and the ice currently covering most of my garden. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
3 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Again? I thought it was over in November, then over in December. I must have been imagining all the snow I've seen fall this winter, that and and the ice currently covering most of my garden. 

Again! The same sanctimonious carp posted in there by the same protagonists, the way some go on Winter is over before it's begun, frozen solid outside tonight, roads like glass and that is down here in East Yorkshire! 🤷

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather
1 hour ago, 101_North said:

Had 5 inches here in April not that many years ago and a daytime high of 0.2c! Plenty of time 😜

Monday's dusting still refusing to melt in the shade and the temp is already about 4c lower than forecast by the Met! Definitely still winter as benign as it's been this week! 

This was April 6th 2021 here at Rheanbreck

• Like 6