Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

I thought were having an early spring.  It's 9pm and I'm say in Insch waiting on my done coming out of his boxing training and the car says it's 11C.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Christ this weather is boring...its nearly hitting double digits and no sun, the cloud temp is +4.5deg/C there's no cold up there either.

I've been trying to remember the last time we had decent snow on the ground here, I think it was 27th December...which is like forever ago.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Latest Met update not good reading for ski resorts  

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Well the first few days in the new hoose have gone well, currently back in Perth b4 Sundays exodus.. im still thinking that winter isn't done with us yet and we are going to see at least 1 more major snaw fest before winter is out.. 

Also what with the new layout on here?? Very strange and also difficult to find what looking for..

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Mild boring and calm here. We usually do get more snaw here once the lambing really gets going.

• Like 8

Posted
10 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

Well the first few days in the new hoose have gone well, currently back in Perth b4 Sundays exodus.. im still thinking that winter isn't done with us yet and we are going to see at least 1 more major snaw fest before winter is out.. 

Also what with the new layout on here?? Very strange and also difficult to find what looking for..

Welcome back to the locality. I'd agree with you that there is plenty of time for another notable snowfall, but at the moment the models aren't showing anything along those lines unfortunately. Only really been glancing at them occasionally though.

Currently 7C here, fairly calm looking and a sheet of light grey cloud keeping the sun under cover. Dry though.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
On 02/02/2023 at 19:52, 101_North said:

You should get the banhammer for that kind of language on 2nd February 🫣

Ha! I guess it must be this boring mild weather making me think we’d be as well getting some nice spring sunshine. Might be my age as well, cannot really be bothered with dark and cold like I used to be! 

I also struggle with the way in which spring comes along and brings extra light but no great warmth. So any early warmth would be welcome, but I suppose I should be realistic and wait til about mid March!

• Like 7

Posted

Clearance to starry skies this evening and a big fall in temperature to 2c with a strong W wind.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Lovely calm sunny morning with a white frost. Nice.

• Like 6

Posted

Beautiful morning. Had to scrape the car early doors before heading out. Sad state of affairs when that's a surprise in February 😂

• Like 4

Posted

Same here, early frost and a nice morning, but as with yesterday a veil of high cloud largely masking the sun. Still, it's calm and feels warmer than the 3.7C the weather station just up the road says it is. Maybe it feels warmer as I'm just back from a 1.5hr walk with the dog, and was slightly overclothed by the end 

• Like 5