Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Could contain: Sky, Cloud, Nature, Outdoors, Cumulus, Weather😄

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Havent seen a cloud all day here though a slight haze out to the NW.. Sunny at 6.8C currently.

Could contain: Neighborhood, Sun, Sky, Nature, Shelter, Street, City, Tree, Vegetation, Sunlight

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
On 11/02/2023 at 18:36, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Probably people desperate for warmth and with very little money.

Hmm yeah, ok, I retract.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
5 hours ago, snowidea said:

Weather all a bit yawn, have resorted to looking for holiday cottages for a week at Easter. Considering Snowdonia, anyone been ? 

Snowdonia is big, aim for one of the less hyped bits as the core will be rammed at Easter. Rhinogs are good, among other parts. But most places will be booked by now, surely? I've been looking at Arran for October and that seems to be going that way already.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Another mostly cloudy snorefest , oh for some sun 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
7 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Snowdonia is big, aim for one of the less hyped bits as the core will be rammed at Easter. Rhinogs are good, among other parts. But most places will be booked by now, surely? I've been looking at Arran for October and that seems to be going that way already.

Surprisingly quite a bit of choice just outside the National Park, seen a few nice looking places on the Llyn peninsula. Never been to Arran, it's on the list. Hope you find somewhere nice. 

• Like 3

Posted

After a terrific day yesterday with milky blue skies, near calm and temps 9 degrees, cloud has edged back from the southwest this morning.  Still signs of ground frost, so I guess the cloud hasn't been back for long.  Pity for the kids that half term isn't till next week (or even the week after for some).  To my surprise the potted peach in the conservatory is in full flower, whilst outside a good show of snowdrops and wild daffodils just about in bud.  Notably low river levels for the time of year.

• Like 5

Posted

So the grey nothingness continues..absolutely foul weather which has no purpose at all. Tho maybe some subtle hints of something wintery as we toward the latter stages of Feb. I hope so as apart from the dec cold frosty spell this winter has been very non descript

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

Veil of high cloud approaching from the south west to take away another pretty clear skied day here in the North east, not anticipating much precipitation in these parts bar a little drizzle in the next few days. Farmers fields are drying nicely. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Another stunning day here, more time in the garden clearing and cleaning up.. found a stepping stone path under the lawn so will be cutti g and shaping those next.. 

Ive not been in the mad house in ages as i cannot seem to find it within this new layout thing thats happened on here.. probably for the best, save me from myself..

• Like 4

Posted

Saving you from charts like this @Mair Snaw!

Sorry - couldnae resist teasing (?) the northerners and north-esaterners....

Tonight's GFS 12Z T+204

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Nature, Outdoors, Map, Person, Face, Head, Atlas, Diagram

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
4 minutes ago, shuggee said:

Saving you from charts like this @Mair Snaw!

Sorry - couldnae resist teasing (?) the northerners and north-esaterners....

Tonight's GFS 12Z T+204

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Nature, Outdoors, Map, Person, Face, Head, Atlas, Diagram

I would find that more than pleasant.. might need to buy more heating oil though 🤔 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Great pictures as always folk's...it looks like summer weather with all that sunshine.

I've been watching another of the Met-office Deep Dive's...he kept mentioning Mild Damp and I had to shout Pish each time he said it...well you have to keep yourself amused don't you.

And he also confirmed a SSW will take place shortly, but would he hell put himself on the spot and mention a cold spell...only 70% chance he said, you know I think these weather forecasters revel in sayIng its going to be mild...it gets right on my ☠️☠️☠️.

• Like 7

Posted
4 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

I would find that more than pleasant.. might need to buy more heating oil though 🤔 

Hopefully it can hold off for another 10 days or so... The ground finally seems dry enough and I have a slew digger and dumper getting dropped off on Thursday. 

Probably be knee deep in snow by next weekend knowing my luck! 

• Like 5

Posted

Another beautiful day.

Clear skies first thing then a bit cloudier from mid-morning onwards, though still plenty of sunshine.

Cold overnight with a low of -3.3c, max of 10.1c.

Biggest difference was a change from calm conditions yesterday to a steady, cooling southerly breeze.

Nice variety of cloud types at sunset...

Could contain: Grass, Tree, Grassland, Nature, Outdoors, Field, Lawn, Sky, Park, Scenery

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

It rained in Glasgow yesterday for about 30 minutes. Most interesting thing that’s happened in about a fortnight.

• Like 8

Posted
2 hours ago, jellybaby1969 said:

Well a bit more interesting today if you like rain..the thought of taking the mutts out is just so exciting

Yep, soaked on the school run! Friday looks a little more interesting...

• Like 4

Posted

Looked a bit like rain this morning but has cleared to blue skies and a southerly gale which is blowing dust about on the farm tracks and rapidly drying out the autumn ploughed fields. Given that the field drains only ran sporadically in January a massive summer drought looks likely on the south side of the Moray Firth unless we get a lot of spring snow or rain. Currently 9c

• Like 5