Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
10 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

Just cold rain in Edinburgh city centre the NE influence is probably too warm coming off the sea.

Inland and areas with modest height will see snow 

It's pretty minging. Not expecting anything at home later either. The uppers were never modelled to be low enough for anywhere exposed to the coast. Only November 😜

• Like 9

Posted

All and all a pretty lovely day today. Cold, temps didn't get above freezing until after midday when the light snow started falling again. I could see a low winter hazy sun through the snow clouds, it looked pretty special. What a start to a coldie lovers winter and its still not winter yet.

• Like 9

Posted

Light snow flurry at the minute but overall a non-event as we're too exposed to the coast. 850's just weren't low enough. Further inland and only a few miles away have done better. 

• Like 8

Posted

A bit warmer than forecast now. 1.8C.  Snowfall still hanging on - just..... Beautiful night all the same. Vastly better than whats gone before.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Reports from home report just a dusting but frosty so at least I am not missing too much whilst in cold and frosty but snowless Midlands

• Like 7

Posted

Looks like we may have at least a week of this cold. Tbh a week is enough. I'd like a break to get prepped for the real cold coming.😊

• Like 5

Posted

Quite a queue of showers skirting the coast to hit Edinburgh on that NE wind. Good it's starting to stick. 

• Like 7

Posted
1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Eyes switch towards around Dec 4th

Don't switch your eyes just yet.......

The Eastern half of the central belt might just be in for a wee surprise tonight. 

The direction of flow for the showers has been gradually swing round from the NE over the last few hours. 

2 hour difference is clear

Screenshot_20231129_221049_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b35fa9d68206f6b6a5b6249038a6c644.jpg

Screenshot_20231129_221103_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9403a3abb68286ed81f3461d501ba01f.jpg

Just needs to swing a wee bit more before there on a good bearing for coming into the central belt and there plenty shower activity showing in the North Sea the for it: 

Screenshot_20231129_221113_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.732b3c4d0e23e55ba7cfd060448490f3.jpg

The overall strength of flow isnt drastic so showers are fizzling out fairly quickly as they push inland but some small continuing adjustments could see some Eastern parts of the central belt getting a covering 😉 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Getting pretty heavy here now. Not sticking particularly well except on the car and some bits of hard surfaces. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

one of the streamers is aligned into Lanark 

WWW.LANARK.CO.UK

Explore our new website and discover all that Lanark, New Lanark and the Falls of Clyde have to offer for visitors and locals.

• Like 4

Posted

Car said -6 this morning when I left for work. Said 0 when I came in earlier with a bit of cloud but certainly feels like it is dropping now the sky is clear.

On a separate note, any recommendations for a home weather station that is decent enough but doesn’t cost the earth?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, JamesM said:

Car said -6 this morning when I left for work. Said 0 when I came in earlier with a bit of cloud but certainly feels like it is dropping now the sky is clear.

On a separate note, any recommendations for a home weather station that is decent enough but doesn’t cost the earth?

Don't have one myself to recommend but plenty of advice here

https://community.netweather.tv/forum/70-weather-stations-and-equipment/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1