Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
35 minutes ago, Huntforsnow said:

3rd morning of -5 here 🥶 it really is stunning weather though! 
The apps are telling me a chance of snow tonight/tomorrow but I’m unsure 

@Kirkcaldy Weather what you thinking any snow for west? 

There's a load more showers currently developing inland today which will drift west /south West, UKV shows the chance of 1 or 2 reaching us later. (currently on radar from about Pitlochry over towards Loch lomond). Somewhere over Argyll with a bit of elevation must be getting a dumping as some of the showers are heavy and barely moving. 

Meanwhile later tonight and into the morning the wind moves more to the north West but still might be too northerly to bring us anything inland. 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Been a lovely spell this with lots of sunshine, a good start to winter.

Coldest night so far at -6.7c. Eskdalemuir reached just shy of -8c, Shap below -9c. Chilly

Chance of some snow in the early hours, i’d take a dusting! 

Currently have covid but slowly getting over it. Hoping i’ll be well enough on Sunday to tackle the 3 ‘easy’ munros near Glenshee ski centre. 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Oregon Scientific was the weather station I had. Nice trustworthy-sounding American name, cheap and nasty Chinese crap inside. We're utter mugs, buying stuff like this that only exists to transfer wealth from Scotland to China.

• Like 6

Posted
38 minutes ago, Ross B said:

There's a load more showers currently developing inland today which will drift west /south West, UKV shows the chance of 1 or 2 reaching us later. (currently on radar from about Pitlochry over towards Loch lomond). Somewhere over Argyll with a bit of elevation must be getting a dumping as some of the showers are heavy and barely moving. 

Meanwhile later tonight and into the morning the wind moves more to the north West but still might be too northerly to bring us anything inland. 

Yello weather warning just issued for the west /south West tonight. Marginal with snow mostly above 200m if the showers even make it this far inland ☺️

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Overnight low of -2.1c for the first day of winter. That’s sometimes the lowest value we have for the whole winter!

A bit of a graupel top-up overnight so ungritted streets and pavements are an ice rink. A cm of snow a couple of miles inland at 100m.

• Like 7

Posted
1 hour ago, Ross B said:

Yello weather warning just issued for the west /south West tonight. Marginal with snow mostly above 200m if the showers even make it this far inland ☺️

Just outside the warning area, so I’ll dig out the snow shovel. 

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Kayemill said:

Just outside the warning area, so I’ll dig out the snow shovel. 

2 hours ago, Ross B said:

Yeah it was showing up most of the week.

looks more amplified in recent runs.

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Hairy Celt said:

image.png.d3f501fac09b824f06e6dc47736c0e2f.png

🤣😂 

That's being saved for every fantasy forecast this winter 🤣

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

First ‘ice’ day since last December.

Admittedly my weather station is at my parents who have a small hill (100m) to their south meaning the winter sun is lost at 11:30am. February is when it gives a few more hours.

A ‘max’ of -0.3c. In Dumfries itself, hit the dizzy heights of about 1c. 
I do love the amount of sunshine cold weather brings, makes a refreshing change to cloud, wind and rain!

• Like 9

Posted

Max of -2.5C earlier and already down to -5.4C this evening. Brrrr.

2cm of snow and the next few days look interesting! Always feel it's dicing with the Gods when there's milder air aloft and it's borderline rain/sleet/snow - but it's been a few years that I can remember a decent chance like this of frontal snow.

• Like 8

Posted
16 minutes ago, Big Gally said:

You might not need it. By the looks of things the south’s sunday/ monday snow event is creeping further north. The wheels are coming off for there snow event. 😂

Haha to be fair it started here and trended south... Unless it's the wrap around showers from the east.  

Also the radar is looking decent out west... 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

High of 1.6C here today according to the local station along the road, but as that coincided with a spike in solar radiation I'm not sure how accurate it is, ie likely the sun directly hit the station. Low for the day is -2.8C so far, which is the current temp. 

Likely going to drop further as sky was cloudless on the drive home, with car showing variations between - 2c and -4c between Westhill and Alford. 

• Like 8