Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Model discussion - hunt for cold - Christmas countdown

Paul
Message added by Paul,

Please remember this is a model based discussion - some chat is ok, but a weather model related theme should run throughout.

The guiding principles of everyone's participation in this thread are:
Be kind -- Stay on topic -- Share your knowledge -- Be polite -- Be honest -- Be tolerant -- Be family friendly

For a less frenetic look at the models head over to the alternate model discussion

Thats a week of my life I'm not gonna get back!

image.thumb.png.a19bb59b66d8d42bfc336d4030d9d4e3.png

Off to resume my other MORE rewarding pastime, Yetti watch!....................That reminds me, must pop to the garage to get the wifes Xmas Prezzie!

Solid output this morning with almost all output finally removing the threat of any cold between Xmas and new year. Really looking quite mild at times now across the south and rainfall signals not looking too excessive away from the north and west. 

479790159_gfs-bournemouth-gb-505n46.thumb.jpeg.3d956f32fc27d275a40f9e8399846fc9.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Will be saving on the heating bills if the ECM is right that’s for sure!

CAB78438-552F-4293-B06C-68EE019E2BB9.thumb.png.14dac1daeb5fe05a327ce69550644c92.png

Ironically we’ve got more model support now than we’ve had for about a week now!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.
On 20/12/2021 at 06:53, O'Maille80 said:

Dreadful output this morning. At least we know now and that's a relief. It's the not knowing that's head wrecking. Not the end of the world, it's only weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow
5 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Quite astonishing . Not a single ECM ensemble backed this type of warm up for northern parts by day 8.

You just know it will count down seamlessly now as well, the way it always goes when mild pops up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frost and thunderstorms

Merry Christmas everyone I’m going to continue recovering from illness which is proving slow going and try and make the best of Christmas regardless of the weather. The classic nowcasting of looking out the window will see me right. All the best to you all.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

This unfortunately happens during most chase’s on here, the met office app had it nailed on for the south coast days ago. Heavy rain and mild. But we live in hope and chase the next one. Still not all lost yet. It’s just so volatile who knows what tonight will  bring.. have a great Christmas everyone

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder , Lightning , Snow , Blizzards

What a difference a day makes , unbelievable 

125E315C-B0E4-42B3-A463-9C3456EE1DF8.jpeg

ACB2D0B1-CDAA-4404-95B6-42C7C5BFF5FE.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well there were plenty of people who said to be cautious as the models were all struggling with unusual synoptics. What no one really realised however was just HOW MUCH the models were struggling. That's been an absolutely stunning flip in output since this time yesterday. Not the first time I've seen it happen though. 

• Like 2

Posted

Wow. Complete failure of the model output if this morning's runs turn out to be true.

Also, the Meto forecasts will need changing back from the positives of yesterday .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

You’ve got to laugh really from cold & snow prospects to early spring! 
6FBDCF2B-392A-4116-8B0A-633C073A8434.thumb.png.6ba6f5fb62fb95dc33ca3e746a9bd468.png

New Years Eve BBQ anyone?

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Rayth said:

What a difference a day makes , unbelievable 

125E315C-B0E4-42B3-A463-9C3456EE1DF8.jpeg

ACB2D0B1-CDAA-4404-95B6-42C7C5BFF5FE.jpeg

Rayth. I would bookmark those for the next time a cold spell comes into view and post them as a warning evert hour on the hour!

• Like 4

Posted

The ECM rapidly goes down hill from day 3 when . Between day 3 and 4 it fails to eject any energy se wards .

There’s still uncertainty over shortwaves running east into the UK as the outputs disagree on the finer detail .

I’d give it one more run tonight to see whether they converge on the earlier timeframe .

Its been overall an abysmal performance from the big 3, last chance saloon this evening as these sudden shifts don’t instill much confidence !

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
12 minutes ago, The Real Snowman said:

Merry Christmas everyone I’m going to continue recovering from illness which is proving slow going and try and make the best of Christmas regardless of the weather. The classic nowcasting of looking out the window will see me right. All the best to you all.

Merry Christmas , Sometimes there’s more important things in life than the weather , I hope you get better real soon ! Have a wonderful Christmas  

• Like 3

Posted

Wow did not expect this at alll this morning!what on earth has just happened!!this has to be one of the worse periods of modelling i have ever seen since joining netweather 20 years ago!for this day and age they have been woeful!!!that has to be the final nail in the coffin!!for me it defo is anyway!!finally gona go and enjoy the rest of this holiday with my kids without any snowy distraction!!!lol!!been a gruelling few weeks on here!!!

• Like 7