IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

4 May 2022 Time-Lapse

• Like 1

Posted
15 hours ago, Surrey said:

Around 5:30pm yesterday we had an almighty shower come through. Quite a bit of flash flooding in the local area because the ground was so dry. Now, you wouldn't even know it rained.. 

Was nice to see and very tropical feeling when it did rain massive convective drops.. the sort of rain that makes you go WOW if you get what I mean! 

Yea same here ,plus it seems rare so it was exciting..sad I know .. not quite stair rods but ...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

It was much warmer this morning and hit 17c before 11am, this afternoon its 15c and a strong breeze has crept up making it feel a lot chillier than earlier.

Posted

Been a lovely warm day, high of 22c apparently, but the cloud has rolled in over the last hour and dropped to 21c and I have to ask, why are the wasps out so early this year? Hate them, nasty useless creatures.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

Been a lovely warm day, high of 22c apparently, but the cloud has rolled in over the last hour and dropped to 21c and I have to ask, why are the wasps out so early this year? Hate them, nasty useless creatures.

Betty Swollocks makes her much-awaited first appearance of the year?

• Like 1

Posted

Rest in peace Moasa,your job was a only just beginning, perhaps they don't want  to know   X marks the spot ...

20220506_181840.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
7 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Lovely skies this evening ..cloud wise ...

20220506_202940.jpg

20220506_202831.jpg

Must have missed that. Did get this yesterday though.

20220505_184558159.thumb.jpg.a4904aecc76052d691867e92d4b0afd6.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Both the morning and evening have been warmer than the afternoon, classic sea breeze. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

lovely day yesterday but got woken up this morning by heavy rain and wow how isolated the heavy rain was exactly my area nowhere else in the uk (heavy rain wise). But now looking on a radar it'll hopefully be a rain and sunshine day and not another rain and overcast day

chrome_k4KdYNHoQJ.png.fbb491e259901137e8bba86b1b32deed.png at 10am

Edited by Atmogenic
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

lovely day yesterday but got woken up this morning by heavy rain and wow how isolated the heavy rain was exactly my area nowhere else in the uk (heavy rain wise). But now looking on a radar it'll hopefully be a rain and sunshine day and not another rain and overcast day

Opposite in Dartford big menacing clouds but tiny bits of rain 

20220507_103338.jpg

20220507_103333.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Get ready to be shocked: it rained in Beccles-on-Desert! And the barchans have stopped advancing!

• Like 1

Posted

Grotty morning, overcast with light rain showers, now seemed to have gone far enough south of us and maybe a slight glimpse of sun at some point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!
3 hours ago, Atmogenic said:

Yup, woke me up as well. still getting drizzly showers, but not heavy like that first dump. What feels stupid is trying to dodge the showers to water the greenhouse 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Been under this heavy rain shower for about 10mins now and of all places to be im in the fields, luckily im under a big tree with a waterproof jacket so hopefully won’t be much longer though seems to be getting heavier 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Morning All,

Sunny and a bit of cloud this morning if a little cool. Had a little bit of rain in the last week, Here in Mid Norfolk  missed most of the intense rain that past through a few days ago, and yesterday morning had some light rain that cleared .

So since 1st March I’ve only recorded 28.7mm so far, most of that came the first couple of weeks. Then only the odd mm here and there and last 7 days 4.6mm, so not a record that is Lockdown spring 2020, I only measured 19.7mm. 2021 32.7mm

However caution is needed as then following summers has brought double the rain amount if more,. Particularly August 2020 over 95mm rain this was a localised storm event which I measured over 50mm, So generally have recorded more rain days in summer than it predecessor Spring.

So interesting that my last few springs have been seeing less rainfall 

Edited by slater
Error

Posted
11 minutes ago, slater said:

Morning All,

Sunny and a bit of cloud this morning if a little cool. Had a little bit of rain in the last week, Here in Mid Norfolk  missed most of the intense rain that past through a few days ago, and yesterday morning had some light rain that cleared .

So since 1st March I’ve only recorded 28.7mm so far, most of that came the first couple of weeks. Then only the odd mm here and there and last 7 days 4.6mm, so not a record that is Lockdown spring 2020, I only measured 19.7mm. 2021 32.7mm

However caution is needed as then following summers has brought double the rain amount if more,. Particularly August 2020 over 95mm rain this was a localised storm event which I measured over 50mm, So generally have recorded more rain days in summer than it predecessor Spring.

So interesting that my last few springs have been seeing less rainfall 

Can relate to that.

Here on the Sussex coast we've had 37mm 1 March-30 April, against an average of 114mm for that period. Caution noted though, for the rest of the year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some quite heavy showers through the middle of the day. It did turn sunnier later (Down in Essex for the weekend). The outlook is pretty dry for the foreseeable with the chance of sunny and increasingly warm conditions developing from next weekend.

Posted
1 hour ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Some quite heavy showers through the middle of the day. It did turn sunnier later (Down in Essex for the weekend). The outlook is pretty dry for the foreseeable with the chance of sunny and increasingly warm conditions developing from next weekend.

the cloud melted away yesterday afternoon faster than a 99 and a flake on Brighton beach to leave a lovely evening if a bit of a chilly NE wind 

20220507_200540.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

The last few days here have seen lots of lovely warm sunny mornings followed by chilly breezy afternoons only for it to warm up again by evening, same today. That's the only issue with living on the coast in the warmer half of the year. 

Posted

Very chilly in the local frost spots overnight, couple got down to in region of 2c! Low for me was 6.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Beautiful morning but i can see on the satellite that a massive wall of cloud is on its way over. Real shame.

59 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Beautiful morning but i can see on the satellite that a massive wall of cloud is on its way over. Real shame.

Dont worry to much its thin high up cloud.. Just turning the sun slightly hazy... 

Currently 20.6c here low of 6c overnight.. 

Looks like we may tap into our first proper heat of the season over the weekend if things go to plan.. Could be a few spots over 25c but long way of yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Got an 8 (a/a*) in my Geography mock exam, hopefully on my way to a 9 next year then.

Meanwhile we have an interesting example of troughing that may or may not work in our favour (been trending for a while now for the same day but still quite far out)

A trough initially centred quite far away from the Bay of Biscuits (don't ask why I'm now calling it that) pushes NNE rather than towards Spain and brings the first big plume of highly warm theta-E air this year. Causing a significantly unstable air mass over France and moderate unstable over parts of Britain. The positioning of this trough is key as to what happens here.

gfs-0-156.thumb.png.c8b46b6c4382c2fcbdf800f695e7828a.png

gfsnh-12-228.thumb.png.21282b0ac1b926195017933062595212.png

gfseuw-11-228.thumb.png.a60523e986753df14934e4dd1f1eb4e4.png

gfseuw-6-228.thumb.png.15f0c3802c663c34853613309cbb27a3.png

Theta-W wise and we might get elevated thunderstorms in this type of setup and so they have a better chance of surviving the channel. It may be similar to mid June last year in a way. A significant MCS evolving mid to late day over France with some weak elevated storms ahead of them that might bring a decent lightning show to us here. Then the MCS pushes north and as it gets to later in the day there's still some mixed layer CAPE with it but it might have to rely a lot on its storms elevated nature to keep their light shows and the less time it takes to go from France to here after 10PM onwards is what will likely decide that. Low level flow and low level wind doesn't matter as much looking this far out, instead, the closer the trough and the tighter the squeeze, the better the chances as the MCS likely evolves quicker and the first initial elevayed storm/storms may have more CAPE to work with.

gfseuw-8-228.thumb.png.727cccab3de019b931877cb758425326.png

gfseuw-8-234.thumb.png.ea31fa928e49310bb1076a92b602cda5.png

Only the GFS seems to be evolving the same way at the moment though (the ECM is getting closer now).

• Like 5