Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
56 minutes ago, Gonzolio Martinez said:

Seems to be snowing here just a little bit right now - not much, mind.
Very small flakes and not a huge amount of them.

If the radar is anything to go by, hopefully this is just a preview.

Yep, snowing again now..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, Robster said:

Yep, snowing again now..

So, there's hope for me then?:santa-emoji:

Posted
6 hours ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Another day of waking up to a Christmas card scene here, I was hopeful the mild blip would be just that and by the middle of next week we would be back in the freezer but that’s looking less likely now - at least the wildlife will have an easier time of it after the harshness of the last few days ❄️ All good things come to an end, just too soon for me ❄️

Could contain: Bird, Animal, Nature, Outdoors, Ice Hockey Puck, Sport, Skating, Rink, Ice Hockey, Ice

Could contain: Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Ice, Frost, Snow, Plant, Scenery

well our local Ent is pretty cold and the snow is still around Plumstead Common 

Could contain: Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Tree, Ice, Vegetation, Fir, Scenery, Woodland, Snow

Could contain: Zoo, Animal, Vegetation, Plant, Tree, Woodland, Outdoors, Nature, Land, Tree Trunk

• Like 4

Posted
6 hours ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Another day of waking up to a Christmas card scene here, I was hopeful the mild blip would be just that and by the middle of next week we would be back in the freezer but that’s looking less likely now - at least the wildlife will have an easier time of it after the harshness of the last few days ❄️All good things come to an end, just too soon for me ❄️

Nah, never too soon for good things to end. There is always tomorrow 😉 😄 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Reading everyone comment about having their ice day today, here in mid Norfolk today was bizarrely the mildest it has been since Saturday high of 3c today, due to the cloud cover that helped I guess….The odd flake in the wind nothing even to get excited about, however the odd rouge shower has been flirting with Norfolk this PM

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !
3 minutes ago, MAF said:

Nah, never too soon for good things to end. There is always tomorrow 😉 😄 

I’ll just be sad to see the snow melt, hopefully it’s not winters last shot but it would be nice to have it like this for the Christmas holidays, roads are clear so no distribution for those who have to travel but with time off to enjoy more walks it would be nice….I’ve been out for hours this afternoon 😊

Could contain: Tree Trunk, Tree, Plant, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Vegetation, Weather

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, Snowangel-MK said:

I’ll just be sad to see the snow melt, hopefully it’s not winters last shot but it would be nice to have it like this for the Christmas holidays, roads are clear so no distribution for those who have to travel but with time off to enjoy more walks it would be nice….I’ve been out for hours this afternoon 😊

Well having been out in the cold, you need a nice hot meal inside you 🙂 . My attempt at a beef stew. I don't eat stew personally, and now i have found out neither does my worst half. Made a stew today, shouldn't have bothered 😄 

12 minutes ago, Snowangel-MK said:

I’ve been out for hours this afternoon 😊

could always chat to someone along the way 😉 

Could contain: Meal, Food, Dish, Curry, Food Presentation, Stew, Plate, Ice Cream, Bowl, Lunch

Edited by MAF
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course
10 minutes ago, TonyK St Albans said:

Taken this morning. Day Four since snow fell. Don't ever remember it staying pristine for so long on trees.

That's what has been really special about this event - snow still on the trees 4 days later - it's like narnia!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather
15 minutes ago, MAF said:

Well having been out in the cold, you need a nice hot meal inside you 🙂 . My attempt at a beef stew. I don't eat stew personally, and now i have found out neither does my worst half. Made a stew today, shouldn't have bothered 😄 

could always chat to someone along the way 😉 

Could contain: Meal, Food, Dish, Curry, Food Presentation, Stew, Plate, Ice Cream, Bowl, Lunch

Looks damn yummy to me mate!

Posted
4 minutes ago, dubmuffin said:

That's what has been really special about this event - snow still on the trees 4 days later - it's like narnia!

That’s where I feel like I’ve been today - no lion but there were some elephants - might not have been the most snow we’ve ever had but I don’t ever remember it freezing to the trees like this, almost looks fake like the flocked Christmas trees 🎄 

Could contain: Tree, Plant, Fir, Pine, Conifer, Spruce

Could contain: Elephant, Mammal, Animal, Wildlife, Tree, Plant, Outdoors, Nature

• Like 2

Posted
19 minutes ago, MAF said:

Well having been out in the cold, you need a nice hot meal inside you 🙂 . My attempt at a beef stew……

Looks good but tomato & basil soup, some cheesy chips and a lush hot chocolate was my menu for today ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
10 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Latest from the MOD thread,🤷🏽‍♂️

And I agree, after Sunday, who knows.

• Like 2

Posted
30 minutes ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Looks good but tomato & basil soup, some cheesy chips and a lush hot chocolate was my menu for today ! 

i bet if i made that it would be appreciated. hotel chocolat Velvetiser chocolate good enough for you? 🙂 . 

correction, i would appreciate a nice loop the loop, dips and afters. don't care if others wouldn't.

Posted
1 hour ago, MAF said:

I have to add, this is my first attempt at a stew. cooked many things from scratch in my life, but this is a first. 

now, if you want a decent sunday roast, or indian or thai curry, then i can do that easy. in fact anything you could mention i've probably cooked. Stew/Casserole? nope 😄😄

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Latest from the MOD thread,🤷🏽‍♂️

not sure it's the latest. from what i see and read, most of the time its ""up in the air, wait and see, fantasy island is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 days away, lets get the cold in first.......... and on and on and on "" 😄 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Temperature dropped sharply in last hour.was -1.2 at 9pm now @9.55 is -2.4!!If skies clear some places in south east will get to -8 at least I would suggest!See Shap up north already below -10!!

Edited by Hotspur62

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
2 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

And I agree, after Sunday, who knows.

We was here before in 2010..the cold and snow dropped in then a very brief mild blip around 3 days tops, then the drop came in, cold rushed down and December 18th 2010 we had the biggest snow event, first red warning from meto I had ever seen..it was relentless a 30 min car journey home took me 3 hrs. Back then the thread was split up I was in the east Anglia thread with snow angel..mk..also I think jp john pike..and many others..the possibilities for a repeat for us all are there as we step back into the freezer around the 20th. it's still December,  loads of winter left...and wow days I believe are still to come.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, MAF said:

not sure it's the latest. from what i see and read, most of the time its ""up in the air, wait and see, fantasy island is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 days away, lets get the cold in first.......... and on and on and on "" 😄 

lol the last time i had this much cod in December was in 2010.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Mad thread seem happy

• Like 1