Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Just now, Gowon said:

kmt.. let's see how messi would get on playing with a heavy leather football with a protruding lace dancing round a bunch of hatchet-men on a pitch like a farmers field with ref letting every tackle go 🙄

There you go again🙊 Anyway Merry Christmas Gowon:santa-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
Just now, lassie23 said:

There you go again🙊 Anyway Merry Christmas Gowon:santa-emoji:

It's not Christmas yet😉

Posted
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I might forget, have a good one if you celebrate it.

Could contain: Christmas Decorations, Festival, Christmas, Handbag, Tree, Christmas Tree, Flooring, Floor, Microwave, Hardwood

Of course I do 😉

Merry Christmas to you too (incase I forget)🤗

Posted
1 minute ago, Gowon said:

Could contain: Christmas Decorations, Festival, Christmas, Handbag, Tree, Christmas Tree, Flooring, Floor, Microwave, Hardwood:santa-emoji:

Of course I do 😉

Merry Christmas to you too (incase I forget)🤗

That is a lot of presents:santa-emoji:

Posted
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

That is a lot of presents:santa-emoji:

There's five kids - me, my wife and three boys🤗

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Hmmm, nice and foggy out there tonight. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Is that a Santa kinda "ho ho ho" or a pirate one ready for when you get your patch after the eye op ? 😉 

🤣

you should know by now, i'm more the santa type, happy to give, unlike the pirate type who takes 🤣

Edited by MAF
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

20 December 2022 Time-Lapse

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Lots of doom and gloom on the main thread this morning.

I refer back to my post yesterday and would add that it’s unusual the Met Office reference cold weather on their longest range outlook, so I suspect they’re seeing something that’s not yet apparent in the models we have access to. No doubt that’s the cue for the update to change for the worse today!

Posted
1 hour ago, lawrenk said:

I refer back to my post yesterday and would add that it’s unusual the Met Office reference cold weather on their longest range outlook, so I suspect they’re seeing something that’s not yet apparent in the models we have access to. No doubt that’s the cue for the update to change for the worse today!

Made the mistake of looking in there this morning. Seems it's always the same few posters declaring winter is over and we are in for weeks of mobile wet weather as soon as there is any hint of this shown on the models. Then when it looks like turning colder they disappear. There are some posters who provided some excellent clear unkneejerky posts trouble is you have to wade through all the nonsense first. My ignored users list is getting longer and longer...

• Like 3

Posted
On 21/12/2022 at 10:15, MAF said:

and may my cataract operation on the 30th help me See the new year in 🤣

Hope all goes well  mate 🙏 

Edited by TN9

Posted
2 hours ago, lawrenk said:

I refer back to my post yesterday and would add that it’s unusual the Met Office reference cold weather on their longest range outlook, so I suspect they’re seeing something that’s not yet apparent in the models we have access to. No doubt that’s the cue for the update to change for the l

Long range their talking about next winter 5th of December 2023 ..flurries ..not too much ,just a dusting 🙂

Edited by TN9

Posted
34 minutes ago, snowblind said:

Made the mistake of looking in there this morning. Seems it's always the same few posters declaring winter is over and we are in for weeks of mobile wet weather as soon as there is any hint of this shown on the models. Then when it looks like turning colder they disappear. There are some posters who provided some excellent clear unkneejerky posts trouble is you have to wade through all the nonsense first. My ignored users list is getting longer and longer...

But you have to have a debate otherwise its pointless..

if you really really love a certain type of weather its very emotional ,people are like time bombs ,say something wrong  and bang all up it the air or you could be a number cruncher still working it out ,charts ,calculations etc etc but ..you don't really care what happens it your job to calculate ,no more ,no less ,if we worked at the met office or anywhere where serious forecasts had to be produced via observations and sensors,you can't shoot off and cuss and swear because what you want isn't happening,

Posted

See how they suck you in on that thread 🤣🤣

bet some teams in the world cup wished the goal posts moved as much as the model predictions on the mad thread 🤣

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, MAF said:

See how they suck you in on that thread 🤣🤣

bet some teams in the world cup wished the goal posts moved as much as the model predictions on the mad thread 🤣

It will eventually be December 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, TN9 said:

if you really really love a certain type of weather its very emotional ,people are like time bombs ,say something wrong  and bang all up it the air or you could be a number cruncher still working it out ,charts ,calculations etc etc but ..you don't really care what happens it your job to calculate ,no more ,no less ,if we worked at the met office or anywhere where serious forecasts had to be produced via observations and sensors,you can't shoot off and cuss and swear because what you want isn't happening,

It's lucky I like most types of weather except rain, but I also won't moan about that unless it looks like flooding, cause after last summer we really really need it. So no moaning from me, you'll find the knee jerkers don't know what they are looking at anyway half the time, they just see a trough or low and moan.

• Like 1

Posted

been a busy day today. finally got all the shopping done. and if it's not here then tough 😮 

my admiration goes out to all the carers out there, be it people looking after others as a job or family members. 

having looked after my wife for the last two weeks since her total knee replacement and been at her beck and call (which she no doubt loved) 

have hated been stuck indoors, i am not someone who can be home all day, up and down goodness knows how many times a day, sleeping on the sofa for the last two weeks, i feel for those who have to do it 24/7 365. hope you get a bit of a rest over xmas. 

i know personally i would rather be doing something else 😉 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
6 hours ago, TN9 said:

over the years i have learnt a lot about the way the weather works from the model threads. however, i have two major gripes with things on the threads. 

1. people who post 'one-liners' - no explanation, no evidence, absolute ambiguity; nothing to give meaning to the post.
  2. people who react to a computer generated model as if it is 'true life' - they live and breathe by a generated synopsis as if it is set in stone.

maybe i am getting too old 🤣🤣

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

Very, very wet morning. Radar showing reds - classic westerly pattern, heavy rain through the morning and sunny by the afternoon. Dare I say even rather nostalgic… somehow.

If it can’t be cold and snowy going into 2023 then I say turn it very wet. You may gasp but it wasn’t that long ago we had drought to content with. November 2022 did a good job at refilling the ground so if the winter of 2022/2023 can’t do that with snow then might as well do it with rain. That being said, I did enjoy the sparkling ease of January 2022, but that would be a death sentence for the summer next year if it were to repeat. Especially if it’s another hot one. 

• Like 1

Posted

nobby? or noddy? 😄 😄 

28 minutes ago, clark3r said:

Merry Christmas all, another very wet morning, looks like a lot of rain on the cards for the Xmas period. 

nothing worse than wet xmas cards 😛 😄 

• Like 1