Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather
4 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Sleet shower here currently.

Can see it over your way from my lounge window, looks like it is fizzling out just before getting to me though.

Enjoy a bit of winteriness buddy!

Posted
1 hour ago, nick sussex said:

Typical , if only the pattern had been further north as it was a few days back then this clump of showers moving sw would have been associated with colder 850s .

Still a chance of a few flakes as dew points seem to be dropping over the far se.

What happened to the pyrenees fella...Cyprus?? Jetsetter extraordinaire ,next ? Cape Verde islands just just to see the hurricanes spin up lol ,then back to good old  Sussex : ) 

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
11 minutes ago, jasonuk said:

Can see it over your way from my lounge window, looks like it is fizzling out just before getting to me though.

Thank you! It was nothing special really, mostly  light rain with icy globules thrown in every now and again haha

Edited by LightningLover

Posted
8 minutes ago, jasonuk said:

Just rain in Tonbridge,light shower but its low  (very low ) so I guess a bit of a  wintery mix up hills 😞

Posted

And tbh if you look at  netweather radar to my north west and to my south east showers near on  hold together but gap opens up  over Tonbridge..its just the way it is huh 😞

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Ooh, that one was graupel flavoured!

Posted

A couple of short wintry showers here this morning. Temperature dropped from 6c to 4c and as the dew point is already just under freezing it was just cold enough to be graupel

Also had a very brief walk along the seafront as it was so chilly. The wind is biting today!

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Horizon, Cumulus, Weather, Person, Beach, Sea

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

It's officially all stopped here, for now, and nothing building in the north sea either at the minute.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Pity, I thought maybe one or two beefy showers could have produced a temporary covering, maybe on the higher ground like up at S M's gaff in the north kent Alpine range.

Posted

Looks like some showers trying to build at the Thames estuary, probably won't be much though 

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, snowray said:

Pity, I thought maybe one or two beefy showers could have produced a temporary covering, maybe on the higher ground like up at S M's gaff in the north kent Alpine range.

Jacko mate ..nothing...I loved the December snow because it was wide spread...up high down low we all kopt it ..shouldn't have to run to the hills to see it in winter ..spring this this week though ..what is convection can't seem to remember lol:)

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Jacko mate ..nothing...I loved the December snow because it was wide spread...up high down low we all kopt it ..shouldn't have to run to the hills to see it in winter ..spring this this week though ..what is convection can't seem to remember lol:)

Didn’t have anything here in SE Kent sadly, just a few miles up the road it snowed and stuck for days (albeit as an icy slush fest for some) but we had zilch here!

I’d gladly take a last chance at snow  before the too hot summer comes back to fry us all again.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Didn’t have anything here in SE Kent sadly, just a few miles up the road it snowed and stuck for days (albeit as an icy slush fest for some) but we had zilch here!

I’d gladly take a last chance at snow  before the too hot summer comes back to fry us all again.

Oh sorry lottie ..even here in the barrenest place we had something which is lucky to say the least ,there is so many things you need to put in to place here (especially now) to get a even small covering of snow its hard work looking for it ..if the high is in charge it will  sit naturally between azores and Portugal with out a doubt ...its sad when you have to look at SSW for a bit of snow ..then its a toss up ..I think its to much temperature miss match that drives jet as you know ..its like self leveling..which for our children's children's  sake stops them frying in the future ...ill take no snow for them to have normal seasons  😞

• Like 1

Posted

Showers have restarted in the North sea, don't know what they are doing on land yet though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Had a 10 min snow shower today when driving from crowborough to herstmonceux. Thought it would turn to rain as I left the elevation of crowborough but it didn't!

So what are everyone's thoughts for snow Chances here during early march?

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Darkcloud said:

Had a 10 min snow shower today when driving from crowborough to herstmonceux. Thought it would turn to rain as I left the elevation of crowborough but it didn't!

So what are everyone's thoughts for snow Chances here during early march?

Good I think. Very good for norfolk

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Good I think. Very good for norfolk

Like I said.. if you took East Anglia out of the way Kent wouldn't have  get wind spot on would it 🙂 

Which in a  few thousand years with sea level rise it won't be.. but but by then it with be tropical ..cant win can we lol 

Edited by TN9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snowing very lightly here in Uckfield this morning.

Posted

With the BBC News website reporting places in Kent seeing the Northern Lights yesterday, and with repeated action possible tonight, any ideas as to a decent spot to view? I have seen photos from Herne Bay so may head to the north Kent coast assuming clear skies

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, MAF said:

bluebell hill or shooters hill

maybe even blackheath

I would assume too much light pollution in/around the city. I may have a drive into the sticks. Thanks